main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST ST lightsaber battles. Mirror PT or OT?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by therealharvywallbanger, Oct 30, 2013.

?

Should ST lightsaber battles resemble the OT or the PT? You have to pic one

1. OT

120 vote(s)
    45.1%
  2. PT

146 vote(s)
    54.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    They may be defensive disciplines, but they are vastly different in style and content. Wushu has a lot more movement than Aikido which is based on using momemtum of an opponent against himself. Makes sense since it comes from juijitsu. Aikido certainly doesn't emphasive flashy moves.

Since you want to talk about informed opinion, sluggo flat out told you the flip in question wasn't used as you keep insisting.

And please explain how I bashed the PT.

For the record, the only troll here is you and you most certainly have an agenda. The problem is you get to hide behind your Mod status. That's the worse kind of troll and a sure sign of a bully.

And yeah, everyone is entitled to their opinion on what they want from the duels, so let's get the conversation back to that.

Skywalker Thing likes this.
  2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Unless there is a an attack on the Force, or something. Not a mere disturbance.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  3. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    Well either way Yuen woo-Ping would do nicely

4. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013

Agreed, although I do hope they dont go hog wild. In the OT Jedi did not seem like they were invincible. In the PT jedi seemed invincible in my opinion, only other jedi/sith were a threat.

Skywalker Thing likes this.
  5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Jango seemed to be keeping Obi-Wan on his toes in AoTC- a mistake on Obi-Wan's part could easily have led to a dead Obi-Wan in that fight.

6. Han Yolo

Mar 7, 2013

Until AOTC when Mace was all like.

You call that an attack?

[​IMG]

VMeran, Iron_lord, Dra--- and 4 others like this.
  7. Han Yolo

Mar 7, 2013
    I guess more than anything, the Jedi skills/power in the PT seem to vary at complete random.

8. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    which was after Jango was all like:

blam blam

[​IMG]

9. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

I'm Canadian, so not really anywhere near Philly.

I don't compete anymore, and I used to run some demo's for one of my Dojo's but I haven't in years.

Sorry.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I have a katana or something.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No worries. I only began studying once I was married. Prior to that, I had a youth focused primarily on boxing school, because I could not possibly have been any more of a stereotypical Irish immigrant. Once you mentioned being a boxing instructor, it got me enthusiastic to see a boxer with marital arts experience. Anyhow, seriously congrats on the commitment to have so many focuses.

*end social thread*

T-R- likes this.
  12. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Jango was quite an idiot for trying to grab Windu's lightsaber from the ground. That move was what sent him to his death.

13. Darth Raiden

Aug 28, 2013
    Let me just say, I totally envy you that you do Jeet Kune Do let alone the other fighting arts

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Well, his malfunctioning jetpack didn't help matters. But yeah, he could have just... you know... fired his blasters at Mace before Mace had a chance to pick up his lightsaber. :oops:

15. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Remember that his jetpack started malfunctioning after he dived for the lightsaber as he got trampled by the Reek (and that he apparently didn't even think of the fact that Mace could (and did) retrieve his saber with the Force was a major mess-up from his side; so much :oops:).

16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup. He should have just fired at Mace at the 22 second mark of this video:

17. Darth Raiden

Aug 28, 2013
    Jango is still the man regardless... He went out like a boss... Compare that to his son

VMeran and T-R- like this.
  18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Definitely. Jango made a bad choice there, but at least he went out against a Jedi. And after holding his own against Obi-Wan on Kamino and killing Trebor easily.

Darth Raiden likes this.
  19. Darth Raiden

Aug 28, 2013
    Temoura Morrison absolutely owned as Jango, yeah and his fight with Kenobi was a good ole rumble, nice seeing a bounty hunter hold his own against a jedi.

20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    He could also fire rockets out of his hat.

VMeran likes this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Is it really fair to compare a Sith or Jedi who has superhuman speed, agility and foresight to a normal human (even a well trained one) with none of that. I mean Obi-Wan jumped like 50 feet from one catwalk to the next without even a running start so if I ever see someone on planet earth accomplish that the comparison may be fair. I guess what I'm saying is a normal human's flash might be a great move for a Sith Lord with that ability. :)

Oh, and I hope the ST has it's own style.

22. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Heh-heh, yeah in a sad attempt to edit my text I instead somehow created an even bigger text, and as I attempted to fix that I messed up the name of the text I was copying. Once I'd realized my mistake, I was too worn out to rectify it by that point. In short...it all fell apart rather quickly :p.

Was just comparing the intricacies of style/showmanship with perhaps the greatest example of fight psychology ever seen on film, Bruce vs. Chuck. Anywho, that's just my prerogative; to each their own. Master swordsman, and arguably the greatest duelist of all time, Miyamoto Musashi writes in Go Rin No Sho--The Book of Five Rings--that flash has no place in the field of battle, as he felt it served no purpose; disagreeing with the many philosophies shared by other dojos of the time that incorporated it into their teachings.

Darth Raiden and Darth Pwn like this.
  23. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    LFL is rumored to be making a Boba Fett spin off since the character is a cash cow, Id prepare yourself for seeing this in the news soon enough. Even if Origin Story, it would hurt sales of his if he doesn't escape the sarlacc... so eventually he will (likely movie 2 or 3). This will having nothing to do with the EU either beyond the EU proving there is a big market for Boba Fett lives stories.
    [​IMG]

I wonder how well he'll fight Jedi now after surviving one... interesting question. Id personally like more flame thrower and missiles than blasters being used. Definatly will step up his game imho... though fights like this imho are greatly needed to break up the manotany of color saber vs red saber fights. To fight an opponent such as this you'd either have to fight like Vader in the OT throwing stuff with your mind from everywhere or be super quick like Mace in the PT...

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe Boba Fett will get the death that he finally deserves?

25. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    But he already got the death he deserved when he went out like a punk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.