main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST This time next year

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dolphin, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    And will be perpetually devastated when one isn't released until July 2015.

dolphin likes this.
  2. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Good one Dewback

Anyone else think they can do better? :D

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This time next year, we'll all be saying, "hey, anyone remember our predictions in that "This time next year" thread? We were way off!" :p

4. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    we'll also be like "Episode VII is still over a year away, ugh."

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That's at least one prediction I'm sure is dead on.

6. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I guessing this time next year, we'll know all the main cast, some details about the plot, and maybe have bits of information about spinoffs. We'll probably know who some of the new and returning characters will be too. I think it's a given that we'll also have lots more production pics and teaser images.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The project will be cancelled, and the world will end.

8. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004

I have a tendency to use the names interchangeably. I was only referring to the character, not what he would be called.

9. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Can't return if it was never in the movies to begin with...but it probably won't be, as that'd be pretty confusing with its name so close to C-3PO (now that guy, we'll probably know if he's back by this time next year) ;)

10. Tensionhead

Tensionhead Jedi Master star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    death....so much death

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I should be even more stoked for Episode 7.

12. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    To be honest, I don't think we'll know all that much. That was the case with Bad Robot's previous production, Star Trek Into Darkness.

This time next year we'll probably know who most of the main cast is (but not the characters they're playing), and maybe some set photos and the occasional behind the scenes webisode that tells us nothing (they'll probably talk about stuff that's a given, like how the R2-D2 prop works, etc), but that's about it. I doubt we'll even have the title a year from now.

Immortiss, newdawn12 and DARTH_BELO like this.
  13. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Agreed. I will say by this time next year, we will know:

-Almost nothing about the plot.
    -Nothing about who the main villain will be.
    -No specifics (planets featured, ship designs, etc.)

But I think we WILL know:

-All of the cast.
    -All of the filming locations (I sure hope so, since principal photography will be wrapped up by then!)
    -Little tidbits about the overall general storyline (what direction its taking, the underlying themes, etc.)
    -Little spoilers and rumors that leaked out (like a certain character that comes back, or how many Jedi there will be, or a certain planet we will see, etc.)
    -Lots of pictures of sets, amateur shots of any location shooting, filming sequences with blank green screen.

An announcement of a trailer that will hit in December 2014. (the 'year before release' trailer seems to be the thing to do now.)

I doubt it will be like the way it was for Episodes I-III. There will be no webcasts, showing constant video feeds from filming, and endless production pictures...I imagine that if the filming process for the recent Star Trek movies by JJ Abrams are anything to go by, then we will know very little this far in advance. Abrams seems to be notorious about keeping all details on lockdown until the movie (or trailers-and by then there's nothing he can do about it.)

14. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Probably. Quite frankly I'm surprised we know as much as we do at this point, especially so early on. J. J. has stated in an interview in the past that when it pertains to Episode VII he prefers the film be basically shrouded in secrecy, so that when people go to see it they will be experiencing Star Wars as if for the first time all over again; he likened that feeling of the unknown to theatergoers expectations at the time of A New Hope, and his hope is apparently to recapture that.

dolphin likes this.
  15. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Well I predict they might give it to us a little earlier than tradition cause we are waiting longer for the movie to be released.....

16. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    It's all about PR. Some people in the past were pretty pissed at Disney and Lucasfilm for the lack of announcements/silence/bad PR. I think they now realize (as if they didn't before?) how big Star Wars hits home with people. I don't think the recent announcements/tidbits about Episode VII in the last month are a coincidence. I'd expect similar updates when it starts shooting.

TKT and Immortiss like this.
  17. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Count Yubnub, speak for yourself. My name is Benjamin Button -- I'll be one year younger. :p

Seriously though, doesn't SW bring out the kid in each of us?

Count Yubnub likes this.
  18. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    We'll be one year older physically—but I for one intend to compensate for that by behaving more immaturely. :D

19. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    ^ I wholeheartedly endorse that sentiment! =D=^:)^

Ryus and Count Yubnub like this.
  20. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Just what these boards need... more immaturity. :p

Ryus and Count Yubnub like this.
  21. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    We'll be dissecting the teaser trailer and the "Sequel Updates" in SW:Insider and the viral clues on SW.com and stray things cast/crew members say in Tweets & to the press down their subatomic particles. The big controversy will be Benedict Cumberpatch playing Thrawn ;)

22. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    When will then be now??

;)

-C

Ryus, Dewback, Ganger and 2 others like this.
  23. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012

[​IMG]

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    There will be at least one cover of Entertainment Weekly with Star Wars (maybe more).

25. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i remember Paramount didn't release a Star Trek Into Darkness Teaser Trailer until this time last year and that movie was still six months out from being released. I hope disney doesn't do that.