main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Mara Jade Skywalker Fan club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Liz, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    once upon a time I tried to make an "engagement picture" using one of my Luke figures and my Mara Jade figure (the first one Hasbro released)

Just some random talk

And speaking of once upon a time....that show is on in 30 minutes so I'm outta here

Revanfan1 and newdawn12 like this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Is there a list of all the versions of Mara in the EU- from her first appearance in Heir to the Empire to her last in The Essential Guide to the Force (in conversation with Tionne)? - I'm not counting after-death Mara for the moment.

And what would you say are the traits of each version of Mara? Balance Point Mara, for example, will be a bit different from Star By Star Mara.

It would be interesting to assess which authors are best at "getting Mara right" in which books (I've seen arguments that even Zahn's portrayals of Mara vary considerably).

Abadacus likes this.
  3. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    so...... NONE of you have seen the back cover of the new Insider????? Ho boy.....

4. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    What does it show?

5. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000

I changed my subscription from print to Digital two years ago...so this may not be on mine?

6. Jedifirefly5

Sep 5, 2012
  7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    As usual with anime, they overemphasized some of her...ahem...assets. [face_sigh]

8. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
  9. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    I've never posted in this thread before, but hey, better late than never, right? All hail Mara, the Queen of the EU!!

10. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    It's looking like she might survive the old EU, and make it into the new one.

11. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    Oh, please let it be...

12. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
  13. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    *Fingers crossed*

Currently reading FOTJ, I miss Mara..she would've been great in Ascension.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  14. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello. :) I am not looking for trouble but will a person well versed in EU that likes Mara please PM me and tell me why? She seems to have a huge following and I don't understand it. Yes, I have read a good number of EU books but I am not much inclined to female leads in anything to say nothing of SW. No, I am not being sexist against my gender either it's just I have reasons why women usually don't speak to me. I am actually trying to overcome my issue. I would appreciate help.

15. jade2013

jade2013 Jedi Padawan

Jan 5, 2014
    This is an ad for the Koto statue? Which issue is this? I'm a Mara collector and collect print ads among other things.

16. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Not a fan of anime merch, but if they're still making and selling Mara stuff in 2014, could this mean good things for the character in the EUpocalypse that will be 2015? If so, that link has all of my yes. :p

17. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Mara not only shows women what they can aspire to, strength, courage and determination, but she also shows us all that once given a choice, choosing the right and good path isn't that hard. As for why you cannot understand strong women in leadership, I cannot answer that, I'd be more inclined to seek professional help there as I know as a woman, given almost any challenge women can do as much if not more than men and implying that they aren't good leaders is never going to win you points with the ladies ;)

Iron_lord, Abadacus and Amon_Amarth like this.
  18. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
  19. Jedifirefly5

Sep 5, 2012
  20. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    I have hope that she will be in the new movies, and canon, their are now so many hints.

I think she'll make a surprise appearance, or be the last announced.

21. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Sooo, after the CAST for Ep VII has been announced (if we ignore the appalling lack of female characters), the young actor that sits next to Mark Hammil, is noticeably a REDHEAD... played Bill Weasley no less... I've seen tons of speculation around already, but Ben Skywalker anyone? ;) And it may be far fetched, but if the red hair points to Mara, I won't be as disappointed by the whole EU massacre. :D

[​IMG]

Abadacus likes this.
  22. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    We don't have all the cast yet, she may have a smaller role, that builds up in the rest of the ST.
    Plus JJ likes to have surprises in his movies. We also have the Red wig which Lucasfilm requested from Marvel Studios. A red female wig.

23. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    :eek: Is this legit?! You sir/lady, just made my day. ^:)^

24. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I recall reading that somewhere too, but I don't have a link or a source so it might not be true. I hope it is though.

[​IMG]

25. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013