main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Rocketjock Eatery (A Star Wars: Intervention OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Just added the Terran Alliance to the Quick Reference. Thoughts? It's in development. I wonder, what does everyone think of my drawing / stats for the Destroyer? In particular, are the weapons for the Destroyer too much, especially the Light Gun Batteries and or Single Turbolaser Turrets? I figured since both weapon emplacements were smaller then standard turbolaser turrets and consumed less energy, that they would work just fine as a lighter weapon load-out for a ship that size.

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    CS approved, but running additions past Bravo before posting in the thread.

3. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Hmm...closest in size in standard SW-ships is probably the Dreadnaught of Katana Fleet fame. That being said, the armament is a bit heavy compared to said cruiser (36 turbolasers on the Destroyer, vs. 30 on the Dread). The light guns...if it has a very extensive anti-fighter side, I could see it working, if a bit excessive. Ships are known to mount large numbers of those ( Lancer for instance, has 20 quad cannons, and is only 250 meters).

So, realistically, it needs a very powerful generator and strong structure to mount that many guns. Certainly possible, though I would imagine trying to use all those guns at once would be quite the power drain :p

4. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    If you give it a large enough power source, depending on the fuel used, it should be able to operate all the time. A good preventative measure might be to have a setting so that not all the laser batteries can fire at the same time. (i.e. "talking guns")

It might be a good balancing weakness for the destroyer to have as far as anti-fighter batteries go.

In terms of electrical generators, it's wattage and amperage limits can be reached without actual failure, it would just have greater fuel consumption, less efficiency, heat generation, and you can't surpass the capabilities without damage or shutdown protection kicking in and shutting the laser battery or generator itself down. You COULD add another generator for the AA batteries alone to circumvent this problem. (I work on generators part time, I know a thing or two. :p )

5. tyratoku

tyratoku Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2005

AA?

Bravo, sounds like this thing needs some power from the Energizer bunny. Throw in some C or even D batteries. Those things can power some monsters. :p

6. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
  7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I also thought of the little cylindrical fellows when I saw AA batteries, for about a second.

Initially I would question Terran, perhaps make it Berran or something less Earth-centric, however I think my Mary npc could have good reactions on hearing the Terran name.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  8. tyratoku

tyratoku Jedi Knight star 1

May 10, 2005
    Nah I knew right away you guys were talking about anti-air. I was trying to joke around.

9. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Oh you~

<bonk> :p

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I have redone the imagine, weapon stats, and information on the Configurate D-class Destroyer. Thoughts?

11. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I have my updated cs finished but my laptop wont have internet access until Tuesday.

Until then im henpecking a phone to say this.

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    No worries, Mitth. :)

Okay all, later on Saturday the game will be starting. GET PREPARED!!!!! :cool:

Added some "Federal Navy" stuff under the Terran Alliance in the Quick Reference.

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    While I quite like the name, Configurate, now that I know how you talk and write, were you trying to go for "Confederate"?

Really looking forward to the start of the game now. Chomping at the bit.

Was thinking just now, there was that tsunami, caused by the Cimmerian Vindicator heavy cruiser smashing into the sea offshore, so that seat, if still intact, is probably in a tree somewhere.

So, had an idea to throw out there. My Arcateenian npc Mary Formal, steel-strength fingers and hands with which to punch through a human rib-cage to rip out a heart, if the game starts just after the introduction mission, and I wanted her to be nursing broken fingers after trying to punch through the chest of an Espo or other who had been wearing their armour under their clothing, but I actually don't know what would happen.

Steel tends not to break that easily. Stab metal with a screwdriver, and the screwdriver won't get damaged, but if you have jointed fingers, would they give way, or at least hurt with the unexpected impact.

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I will be changing around the Federal Navy information. In my zeal last night, I was putting down the stats for the Earth Alliance (aka "Federals," renamed Terran Alliance for the game) in a post war Earth Universe. So I will be editing the information accordingly.

Configurate is on purpose, Sith. It is the name I gave the Destroyer class. In my own little make-believe universe for that Destroyer class, the ships are coined more simply Confederate or Federal Destroyer, because there are slight differences between the two waring fractions on their Destroyers, although they are technically the same class of ship.

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Cool. Its a good name for a ship.

Was re-reading your Library piece with Taller handing the reins over to Lasso, with the Firefly music. Very nice writing. Did Taller ever explain why he did not give command of the Johnny Boy to Commanders Vacks or Streets?

Be nice if I can write that Lasso had shared that exchange with Vacks, eg. "You are going to take orders from me?!" as Yav had that same moment with Chief Williams. BTW, is Williams going to be on the JB or the DD?

16. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    So the games starting today? Looking forward to it.

17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh yes, Skywalker, forgot to say, welcome to the game. Hope you enjoy your time with us.

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    GAME START!!!

I left it short and open, as to not disrupt anyone's pre-written opening game posts. My character is currently on TBC status. I will be back after Church tonight. :)

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  19. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Woohoo! So what are our "shopping lists," supposed to be? Personal items, crew needs, weapons?

Anyways, working on my intro post, I was thinking of doing a flashback to the battle in the storyline intro coinciding with Masha being at the bar as well. If there's any other Mercs there that is, otherwise I'll think of something to get more character interaction. :)

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Just whatever really. The ship needs supplies, so I figure it can be a wide range of whatever you can think up of that a ship and crew would need. I wanted to leave it open ended as to not disrupt anyone's pre-written posts.

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    What does (To Be Contained for Jason Lasso) mean?

22. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    I think he meant to be continued, he said he was coming back later to post more. :p

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh okay. I'll go with that.

24. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Where to start....where to start...

25. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Searching through a scrap shop? Or at a bar? :p