main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Holy hell. I ****ing hated The Box.

It doesn't send me into rage mode like some episodes but...yeah.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Box isn't the best episode ever but it was enjoyable.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I like the box. I originally thought it seemed out of place. But when I watched the entire Rako Hardeen arc together it clicked for me. Its still probably my least favorite in that arc but I don't find it a bad episode. Yeah, that's not to say I wouldn't have liked an extended scene between Yoda and Anakin, the cut scene from the S4 blu-ray was gold. Or the cut scene of Rex trying to sneak the real Rako Hardeen off Coruscant. The Rako Hardeen arc remains one of my favorites.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I like the arc other than that episode. I guess I just didn't care that Moralo Eval invented a death-game to test bounty hunter skills.

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I LOVED The Box, best episode of that arc imo, maybe the only good one.

I'm just a sucker for The Most Dangerous Game/Death Trap competition plot, I'll watch anything like that.

Hated all the droids episodes.

6. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    The Box was another one of those episodes that just seemed forced. It didn't really do either of the things I really liked about this show. It didn't show an epic battle with the Jedi leading the clone army against the Separatists, and it didn't reveal connections between the PT and the OT. And no, I don't consider Obi-Wan using the name "Ben" as a code-name to be one of those connections. That seemed REALLY forced! Plus, as a fan of Genndy's CW, I have to wonder how many times can Palpatine be abducted?

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't like games where death is the consequence for losing; it's a little too hard-core for me and I just can't see any competition as that important.

I'm now making sense out of a real-life conversation I had today about The Hunger Games. I don't get the hype around that series. I didn't hate it, the book was OK anyway, but I don't get why the movie is so well loved.

8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Life and Death is the ultimate game, IT'S TEH ULTIMATE DRAMA.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Then again I also liked several of the droid episodes, wouldn't say its because I like 3PO or R much. I liked both "Evil Plans" and "Mercy Mission" because they were like an episode of Rock's Modern Life taking mundane life and turning it into an adventure, they are so wonderfully campy. For the D-Squad arc I actually liked "A Sunny Day in the Void" for its philosophy. MIA was awesome as well although ultimately that arc was the biggest waste of time. If they had just given it some kind of payoff.

cwustudent and TaradosGon like this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That gets old after a while, just saying. Got to see Bounty Hunters and other scum that didn't have a major part in the PT so fine by me.
    Ties to the OT are fun but if they overdo it, it'll get old.

Seerow likes this.
  11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    And then there's also those less-than-legitimate criticisms...

Seerow likes this.
  12. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Ever have one of those funny little moments where your brain jumps ahead as a character is speaking dialog, and finishes it for them, so that without thinking of it, you almost half expect they're going to say something other than they did, and which in some cases would be outright ridiculous. Sometimes it would be ok though...

I had a few of those in TCW. Of course, This could happen with any show or movie, but the fact that TCW characters often did verbatim quote, or almost-quote the OT probably made it more likely IMHO.

To give you an idea of what I mean... In A Necessary Bond when Greivous opened up the holoprojector and Dooku started talking to Hondo, "You will pay the price for your..." my mind mentally jumped ahead with "...lack of vision!" But it wasn't. It was just "treachery".

In some cases I knew, logically, that what my mind jumped ahead with wouldn't be coming, since it made no sense, but the thought was there anyway, sometimes making me laugh.

In The Wrong Jedi when Palpatine outlines the charges against Ahsoka and then concludes with "This court will decide your fate" my brain was running ahead again, and briefly came up with the thought of Ahsoka adopting a malevolent, sinister voice and replying "I am this court!" Which would be ridiculous, of course, but did make me chuckle momentarily.

Ever get that kinda thing? Or am I just weird?

Seerow, Circular Logic and cwustudent like this.
  13. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    WB?

14. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    I will admit that The Box feels like an extended detour when watched within the Hardeen arc, in some ways it's more enjoyable when viewed as a standalone episode, but I just love anything where a group of people are being picked off one-by-one as they work together to escape from a threat. It's why I also love the Citadel arc. I think this goes back to my love of the film Predator.
    [​IMG]

CT-867-5309 and TaradosGon like this.
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Warner Brothers.

16. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Yea I know....it wasn't on WB.

17. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    "Box" was one of those episodes I never really got around to seeing. It was during the...year was it? Yeah, year when I decided to crusade agaisnt Clone Wars.

To anyone besides my pal AFS here, how was it?

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Don't deny yourself "The Box'. I do think its part of the Rako Hardeen experience. The Box sticking stubbornly to my opinion was a Jedi mouse trap meant to weed out the Jedi hiding among the bounty hunters. I think Dooku and likely his master always suspected the Jedi would send a spy and had this crazy ass Morallo Eval design it as only an a guy who is like a crazy Dexter from Dexters Lab on meth, could.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  19. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Yeah, Warner Bros. owns Cartoon Network. The DVD/Blu rays are released by Warner Bros.

20. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
  21. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Oh yeah, The Rako Hardeen Arc. Otheriwse known as "Obi-Wan's moment to shine that doesn't involve Mandalorians"

Pretty good arc. But Anakin was a little too clueless. Maybe Jedi aren't as good at looking into the future as I thought.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I wish they had kept the scene of Anakin flying off the handle in front of Mace and Yoda.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Tapatalk

23. Darth Desolous

Darth Desolous Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    I always ponder this, but was the Young Jedi arc originally part of S6 but then moved up to take the place of the Clovis arc in S5? Or was it always part of S5?

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Pretty sure it was always part of season 5.

25. Darth Desolous

Darth Desolous Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    But why wasn't there any scenes from this arc in the trailer? Were they trying to keep this story a secret?