main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Spin-off movie release dates

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by chris hayes, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Marvel Untitled movie - May 6 , 2016 .

Disney's Alice in Wonderland 2 - May 27 , 2016 .

Looks like no Star Wars movie's in May for some time to come.....

Will the Spin off movie be in Make late summer 2016 , December 2016 or be delayed till May 2017 ?

2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I think the 'SW "traditional" May release date' ship has sailed...

3. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    still a couple years away, wouldn't panic yet

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    With the announcement of E7 being in December, as StoneRiver says we should no longer expect every SW movie to come out in May. Other than that, nothing's really confirmed one way or the other yet regarding the spin-off release dates.

5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I think this situation is still pretty fluid, though when Ep. VII was pushed back I figured that likely meant '17 for the first of the spin-offs (But yeah, May is no longer a sacred date. It could be July or November or somewhere in between). I'd say beyond fleshing out story details for the spin-offs, all in-house focus is on Ep. VII at this point.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  6. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Who'd want another Star Wars movie only 5 months after the last one? That'd be a little ridiculous.

Spinoff #1 will come in either May 2017 or December 2016 -- depending on how the production turns out.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I must have missed the post with the confirmation and I looked 3 times. This thread must have a glitch.

8. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    We have REBELS to tide us over, folks. At least 5 Seasons worth. That takes us to 2019. By that time we might have 3 or 4 theatrical releases, depending on how they decide to shoot the ST. Every two years or The Hobbit model. Shoot it continuously and release them yearly.

9. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I share in the excitement about Rebels, but 5 seasons? Is that a guess-timate based on TCW's run, or has there been word of at least 100 confirmed episodes? I've been absent from LACWAC for a little bit, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

10. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    This isn't the confirmation you're looking for.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't want Star Wars movies five months apart. I'm actually a little more excited about the spinoffs than the sequels but still...over saturation much?

I hadn't heard any confirmation about Rebels being five seasons either.

12. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    No, just my speculation based on TCW and it's set 5 years before ANH. I assume they'll go right up to the film timeline.

In all fairness, this was not a confirmation, but a CONFORMATION. Please read the thread title.:p

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Disney can afford to put out a bunch of movies a year and if they decied to do a spin-off that year, they'll make it work. It may not be May, but things could also change between now and then and those movies could move as well.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    And good riddance to that absurd fan construct.

15. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I would. I'll take it as so as it's finished.

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    There was never any confirmation on this as far as I am aware, but I wasn't expecting one to come out in May 2016. I don't expect the new film release dates to be that closely spaced.

17. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Some "conformation" . . . . o_O

I guess TOS reported this as well?

18. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Conformation - Confirmation ! you know I was never that good at spelling [face_beatup] .....

Immortiss likes this.
  19. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't care so much about the spelling as the fact that this isn't confirmed, which is why I put it in quotes. This is just random spec, since there's been almost no official announcements about the spinoffs at all.

20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    My guess is that they're going to stick to Dec. releases, because the films need to be spaced out. Otherwise, the productions are going to start bumping into each other. It's possible that Pinewood is big enough to accommodate more than one Star Wars film production at a time. Anybody have any expertise on this?

Echo-07 likes this.
  21. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I would guess that the spinoffs will NOT be shot at Pinewood at least initially, because as you said there will start to be a production log jam. Perhaps signing a contract in NM was not for the Episodes, but rather the spinoffs? Course, if rumor is to be believed the Millennium Falcon set might come into play for more than one movie in which case filming SW in London could be like a constant thing. :p Disney signed for a number of years did they not? (10?) Does anyone remember?

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    It was for 10 years.

23. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Pro Scoundrel, Thank you! I thought so.

So, if we do the math:

- Iger announced at some point that SW would release movies every year starting in 2015 with Episode 7
    - We know that we currently have at least 1 trilogy already planned:

- 2015 = Episode 7
    - 2017 = Episode 8
    - 2019 = Episode 9
    - 2016 = Spinoff 1
    - 2018 = Spinoff 2

- 2015 +9 = 2024

Five years to film the current trilogy . . . That leaves 5 years on the deal with Pinewood. That's enough time to do another trilogy . . . Can anyone say Episodes 10-12???? I CAN! :D

Darkslayer and Immortiss like this.
  24. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Ok, so Pinewood is really huge! I just did some reading on it, and.........it's big. Like "That's no moon, it's a movie studio" big.

25. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004

The 007 stage alone is as big as a Death Star. I wonder if they'll be using that one. I sure hope so.

Immortiss and Pro Scoundrel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.