main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ATLA and The Legend of Korra (ATLA live action remake coming Feb 2024)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthDragon164, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I'd be prepared to give Bumi and Kya a second chance. They both need some work, sure, and were both frustratingly passive in Book Two, but I still feel there's a story to be told with each. I presume that Bumi didn't get to be a Commander for nothing. He must therefore have some steel. I'd love to see him in action - dropping his fool's façade. I know that's a pretty big part of his nature, but he must know when it's appropriate and when it's not. I want to see an event that pushes firmly into the latter category. Kya likewise, needs a story that lets her show her talents, that shows the person who became a Master. After all, talent is nothing without application. I want to see something more than healing on demand when someone else's adventure calls for it and she just happens to be there as a third wheel. Ultimately, I think the key is to split them up. Together they are all prone to regressing back through the years and behaving as if they were children - even Tenzin. Split them up, give each some genuine responsibility, and there would be no other option than to show the audience why Bumi was a Commander in the Second Fleet - why he found himself in situations from which, in retirement, he can spin those elabourate tales - why he was trusted with people's lives, and why Kya is a not only a waterbender and healer, but a Master. Up to now we've only been told they are these things.

2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Way to break my heart, tumblr...

You guys remember this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well, there's a sequel:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:_| This needs to happen... :_|

3. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Oh, look! :D

[​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian and Ghost like this.
  4. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    So now you've made me impatient for Book Three. I want it NAO!!! :_|

:p

5. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Hopefully that would be an indication that Book Three won't take long to appear.

As for that very heartwarming comic up there, Iroh coming back would sound great, but I hope this won't go into DBZ levels of death just being a slap on the wrist. And heck, what about all those people trapped in the Fog prison? Would Zhao somehow stumble his way out and continue ranting about last airbenders, moon spirits and spirit libraries?

6. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Well, they did say the wait for Book 3 should be shorter than the wait for Book 2... *hopeful* :)

I don't think a human spirit (soul) can leave the Spirit World if they don't have their living physical body waiting outside. So Iroh, Zhao and all the other people in the Fog prison are pretty much stuck where they are. It's their afterlife.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So long as they don't turn the Spirit World into Disneyland.

"Come one, come all, see your dead relatives!"

8. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Eww.

It just dawned on me how cool it is that Jason Isaacs returned to voice Zhao in 'Darkness Falls' nearly eight years after his last appearance in the role. I mean, obviously it couldn't be anyone else but Isaacs, but it's still cool. Some big name actors might've looked down on the request.

9. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    It's a world of face-stealers you will fear!
    It's a world that's crazy you'll shed a tear!
    See your loved ones that died!
    See your brain become fried!
    It's the Spirit World after all!!!!!!!

10. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    See, I don't think all dead people end up in the Spirit World. Iroh was there because he deliberately chose to go there before he died (so his body remained in the physical world and eventually died). And Zhao's death was Spirit-related (he was killed by the Koizilla), and presumably the Fog of Lost Souls was his punishment. As for the rest of the souls in the Fog, I imagine that either their deaths were Spirit-related, or they somehow entered the spirit world, got lost in the Fog, and eventually their bodies that they'd left behind died.

Jedi Merkurian and Everton like this.
  11. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    A. Is Kya even supposed to be a master of anything in the first place? My impression is just that she's a lady that can water bend, and learned healing.Nothing special, though.

B. I feel like the whole thing around Iroh is pretty bizarre. How did he so casually elect to bypass death and live as an immortal in the spirit world? How come no one else has ever done this before?

12. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    To be honest I don't recall a specific mention of her 'Master' status from the show itself, but her Avatar wiki entry lists her as a Master.

As for Iroh, those are questions to which we don't have the answers. Which is fine. Given his character I can certainly buy that Iroh developed a special insight.

EDIT: Although 'casually' is probably a bit unfair.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    None of these other people are Iroh.

14. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    More importantly Iroh crossed over to the spirit world at some point in his life according to casual and mostly ignored references in the original show. So clearly he knew a way in.

15. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I still want to know what happened to his tea shop.

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Finale pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Yes those are pics from the finale.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    And they're the same ones you posted before. :p

BTW, I rewatched the episodes last night, and was reminded of the glowy spirit mushroom. That was a great funny moment. XD

I also kinda wish Korra kept those two cuts on her face as scars, but alas.

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    More of the finale's great art...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ghost, if you're gonna post a giant wall o' pics, then a spoiler tag actually is appropriate -- just so we don't get carpal tunnel scrolling past it all. :p

21. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Why are you making us relive the worst parts of this show?

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Deus ex spiritus? Jinora ex machina? And don't correct me if my Latin is off, Jello, I'm rusty. =p
    [​IMG]

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    MAGIC JINORA -- still don't know wtf she's actually supposed to be doing though.

and why can't I correct your Latin? I really, really want to : (

Jedi Merkurian and Everton like this.
  24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    And finally...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Ok, fixed it.

I just took a ton of screencaps last week of the great art, and really wanted to finally share it!

25. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Korra needs to wear her hair down more often.