main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Messing up your fantasy limmie league? [face_devil]

On another subject, I'm at the library writing the score-independent parts of my game post right now, so that I have it ready for tomorrow. (Or is that a different subject? [face_skull])

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Luckily, all of my my fantasy players are on bye . . .

Wait a second. :p

And they will likely play anyways.

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Come on, we know that jcgoble3 is only saying these guys are "probable" so he can say if the Storm lose, "Oh they didn't play." At least the rest of us have the guts to have our starters play when we lose.

Never mind the occasional, "Oh my star player maybe-kinda-didn't break his collarbone," inspired by real life. That's different. :p

jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  4. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    No excuses in this case, just injecting a bit of realism into the lead-up to the game. For this week's game, and you may take these statements as canon as it pertains to this game:
    • Yan'ii will play in full
    • Webb will start, but will play limited minutes, swapping out with an unidentified reserve for frequent checkups with the trainers
    • Nan'lie is definitely out, and Hacca Bonefs will start and play in her place
    Comprende? :p

Oh, and I see over in The Bluebells & The Edelweiss that Trieste has killed the Queen Mother. I wonder what effect that will have on the C-Bucs?

CPL_Macja likes this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Oh, thanks, Trieste. Now I have to play the C-Bucs tomorrow when they're all mad.

CPL_Macja and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Did he kill her at midfield before a limmie game? If not I call it weak. :p

[​IMG]

Vehn, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm going to say this before I play them tomorrow, just so you know I've been thinking it for 48 hours or so. I would get rid of the Patriots first. 12 weeks would be too long of a season. And I like playing as many different teams as possible.

8. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Fork to my nose... if we have to get rid of an NPC squad (not that I want to...) I would have to say Hapes since the Solo Conference is NPC heavy and Chandrila has a richer limmie heritage. (They have won 9 championships in 2 leagues with 23 playoff appearances in 3 leagues. They are stupid good. Plus they have three named rivalry games with current ELL PC teams.)

By getting rid of Hapes we wouldn't have to 're-align' the Conferences (per say) just replace the Bucs with a PC team and add one PC to each conference, expanding them to 7 squads each.

9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    [face_laugh] Well, actually, for those who care and don't want to read more about it in the link jc posted, the Hapans are either A) going to be in deep mourning or B) going to be in the middle of a velvet revolution that Hapans are so prone to indulging in. So they actually could have quite a range of emotions. ;)
    Since we're talking about Hapans, in the words of Tenel Ka (one of my all time favorite Hapans for obvious, crimson-locked reasons), "Fact."

In a 14 team alignment, the Solo Conference will absolutely go down to one NPC team. I would be inclined to move Hapes to the Skywalker Conference for the sole reason that one player has mentioned that they would fit into a storyline down the road. Of course, the same has been said about Corellia, who would be the victim of the realignment here.

Also, in response to the earlier inquiry of Jedi Gunny regarding who is joining, officially at this point, no one. I am waiting on a character sheet from someone who has expressed his interest in joining *cough* JM_1977 *cough*, am in the process of working on CS and TS with a second person, and have a reminder in my calendar to check in mid-December with a third person. I would prefer to make it a surprise for when these new teams are formally ready to begin play. :D

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  10. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Wonderful writing, CPL_Macja!!! Great stuff. ^:)^

11. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Thank you Vehn, it is nothing compared to what the rest of you put out on a weekly basis, but I still try.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    No, I'm sorry. :(

13. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    She was apologizing for the Bak-10 beatdown the Bluebirds handed out the night before :p

But now the Monarchs are mathematically eliminated.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Losing to an NPC team..... [face_beatup]

And my conference schedule doesn't get any easier.

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    For the first time that I can remember in 14 seasons, all three major statistical categories (points scored, points allowed, and point differential) are tied in the number 3 slot.

Man, I love doing the standings now that we have the conference tiebreak. :D It makes it so much easier. Of course, the Bakura-Coruscant-Hapes tiebreak is messy at the moment. Because the Bakura-Coruscant game has not yet occurred, point differential kicked in. A win by Bakura against Coruscant will put that into circular tiebreak while a win by Coruscant will cause them to own the tiebreak (and send the Miners straight to the bottom of it). So, in other words, it'll be the usual Bakura-Coruscant game this year. ;)

Jedi Gunny likes this.
  16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Just the way we like it, eh? :D

And even though the Force lost, at least they started 4-0, and went down to the wire today. Can't complain about a hard fought loss.

17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I just noticed something in the LFL statistics. It appears that the Druckenwell Marksmen have picked up where the Thyferra Force left off last year, with a total of nine points scored in four games, including two shutouts.

18. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Someone mind reminding me about shut outs versus shut downs? Thanks!

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    KASHYYYK!!!! We collectively shake our fists at you.

Rebecca_Daniels and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Shutout: zero points
    Shutdown: zero goals

21. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Don't hate :p I need them to do well for next season for... reasons.

I feel bad, winning when I'm not posting but things are cleared up a bit, as anticipated, so I will be working on stuff this week :D So glad to be back writing.

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    You weren't around when the Rangers were the NPC team that won back-to-back Galactic Cups, so of course you wouldn't understand the hate. :p

23. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Don't be! I'll just call a BoG meeting to replace the die-roller! ;) :p

Jedi Gunny, Vehn, Trieste and 2 others like this.
  24. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm keeping them from being an NPC team in the ELL then. I'm doing you all a favour :p

jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    That you are. :D

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.