main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What things will we miss?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Echo-07, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    We've gone over the nuances that MAKE SW ad nauseum. However, there's one thing that we're likely NOT to see at all in the ST. We're pretty sure there will be no Darth Vader -- at least I hope not. But along with that we're not likely to hear the Imperial March again. That theme was used in every movie except for ANH. It's pretty iconic, they play it at just about every football stadium.

What other things are we likely NOT to hear or see?

2. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Gungans, Ewoks, space slugs, wampas.

Echo-07 likes this.
  3. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Not sure too many will miss the Gungans. [face_laugh]

4. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
  5. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I'll miss the score we got in ANH and TESB. John Williams' style has changed a lot over the years. That's to be expected, of course. But there's something magical about those two soundtracks that I missed in the PT and am sure won't be around in the ST either. The PT had some decent musical parts, but for the most part, it just didn't resonate with me. ROTJ was where it started to fall apart for me. I could say the same for Raiders and Temple of Doom. Excellent. Then came Crusade and it felt odd to me.

6. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I think JW is as great as ever. I lover the PT soundtracks. Duel of the Fates is one of the greatest musical pieces ever! Also, I just watched The Terminal again last night and his soundtrack for that was pretty good as well. JW is M O N E Y!

7. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I'm pretty sure we'll hear the Imperial March at some point. Us fans associate it with Vader and the Empire, but I don't think John Williams feels it's as bound to those things as we do. It's such an iconic theme, I could see Abrams and Kennedy requesting that it be in the new movie, regardless.

LunarMoth and Immortiss like this.
  8. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

I dunno, I thought the music in the prequels were some of JW's best work, arguably better than the originals and particularly so in Revenge of the Sith.

That being said, the prequels and the originals were two entirely different tones. It's really a matter of taste on what type of tone you prefer. I prefer the tragic tone.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Fox Fanfare.

10. BountyHunter76

BountyHunter76 Jedi Master

Nov 2, 2012
    The roar of a Tie-Fighter flyby.

11. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm not so sure about that one. We may see some tie fighters. In fact, wouldn't it be awesome if some bounty hunter or someone had a pimped-out tie fighter?

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I expect to see at least one Tie-Fighter.

-Jedi Joe- and Echo-07 like this.
  13. BountyHunter76

BountyHunter76 Jedi Master

Nov 2, 2012

That would be cool actually; a customized tie-fighter. I like it. I like it.

-Jedi Joe- and Echo-07 like this.
  14. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    If there aren't Tie-Fighters in Episode VII I'd be shocked. They're iconic to the Empire, assuming they're involved.

niel6658, -Jedi Joe- and Echo-07 like this.
  15. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    George? until we know to what extent he is involved we dont know how much we will miss him (those of us who treat him with the respect he deserves) I will be let down if there is no Tie Fighter scream and of course fox....took my 3 yr old kid to a movie today and the fox logo came up and he thought star wars was going to come on

16. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's impossible to say at this point.

17. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
  18. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    I was thinking about this the other night. That is going to be odd. I remember at every Star Wars film I've seen in theaters how people started to go wild (clapping, cheers) when that music hit.

I imagine we'd hear elements of the Imperial March worked into the score in some way, much like we did in the Prequels. While it wouldn't be Vader, surely he inspired some new evil, right?

Oh, and I don't think we'll have Leia in the gold bikini (although it'd be hilarious if it was hanging around somewhere in her and Han's house!)

DarthRelaxus and Echo-07 like this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Underoos and 3PO's cereal. Also, Cyndil. :( There, there Cyndil...
    [​IMG]

20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Oh, Force, its eyes are staring right into my soul.

Seriously, what an incredibly creepy Ewok shot.

21. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    The youthful earnestness, experimental playfulness that George Lucas put in every film of the saga. I fear that Episode 7 will be held back creatively by a desire to appeal to the broadest set of people as people and thus avoid backlash. Episode 7 could be a fantastic Star Wars film, but I may miss the boldness of the previous installments.
    (My opinion here is obviously all conjecture at this point.)

Echo-07 and Count Yubnub like this.
  22. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    How long before ROTJ are the Ewok movies set? I always thought they should have been set after ROTJ but whatever. Anyway they could easily work Cyndil into the story now, right? The odds against it are approximately 3,720:1, but it could happen.

As for what I'll miss, definitely George in the director's chair... but truer to the topic of things we're unlikely to see, I'm guessing more Death Stars? Han's charisma? A unified fanbase? Who knows... this is a tough question.

And Echo-07, I will miss the Gungans. I would love for an older Jar Jar to show up, or even just some background Gungan cameos would make me happy.

Darth Chiznuk and Echo-07 like this.
  23. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

:D

24. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Hesa bombad!

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The EU managed to fit Cindel Towani in - as a news interviewer.

They are both set in 3 ABY- same time as The Empire Strikes Back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.