main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Aug 24, 2013.

?

What things about the Sith should be Explored in Episode 7?

1. Sith History

78 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. Sith Temple

46 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. Sith Army

25 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Sith Training

45 vote(s)
    31.3%
  5. Origin of the Red Saber

26 vote(s)
    18.1%
  6. New Sith Order : Eliminating the failed Rule of Two.

68 vote(s)
    47.2%
  7. Other

27 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The last of the New Sith Wars, and the Battle of Ruusan, was the point where Darth Bane took an apprentice, and explained to her the Rule of Two (the rest of the Sith had just destroyed themselves).

The Jedi vs Sith comic, and the Darth Bane: Path of Destruction novel, cover those events.

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    EPISODE VII VILLAIN - CONFIRMED

[​IMG]

darklordoftech and purplerain like this.
  3. Darth_Magus

Darth_Magus Jedi Master star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Can they retain their personalities after death. It actually makes more sense to me that they would, with such strong passions they would be extremely motivated to survive on after death.

Dra--- likes this.
  4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    We all know where the Tesseract sent him...

purplerain and Darkslayer like this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_rofl]

6. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    "Did you think you can kill us? There is no flesh and blood within this cloak to kill. There's only an idea. Ideas are blasterproof lightsaber-proof."

[​IMG]

1138th post! THX time!

7. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Maybe this is for those that want to see spaceship relationships. Maybe we'll see a Tie Fighter and an X-wing in a torrid love affair kinda like Romeo and Juliet. Forbidden love is the best after all. :p[face_laugh]

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Are being a Sith and being a "good guy" mutually exclusive? A (non-Neo, of course) Sith who's a "good guy" would truly be awesome.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think that could be very interested. I always thought that "Sith Hedonist" should exist, someone who takes the tenants of the Sith in a different direction.

I like your out of the box thinking, darklord.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Well, that does explain all the sexual tension at the Battle of Yavin....

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder what color Sith spirits would be if there are any. Blue like Jedi spirits? Red? Purple?
    Thanks.
    I imagined somebody who frees others in order to help them follow their passions, but your idea is equally awesome.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  12. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    I don't look at the Rule of Two as something that the Sith imposed on themselves as a restriction, but rather it was a natural consequence of how the Sith are. They are full of greed and seek control and power. Therefore, any apprentice would naturally seek help to take down the leader to gain more power. There needs to be at least two to keep the tradition alive (master and apprentice) and if there are more than two, some of them will gang up on the leader. Therefore, it is going to be violated from time to time.

13. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    The Sith may do whatever they want in theory, but It was Lucas' universe & if he sets the Rule of Two firm that there can only be two. It sets a precedent for all future stories to continue that rule. Now that Lucas is not in control. It will be up to Disney which direction they want to take with the very limiting Rule of Two.

14. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I really think people are overestimating Disney's interest in dictating story elements to Lucasfilm. When the buyout happened, all the talk was about how great it is because Disney has left Marvel alone to do their own thing with great success. I think it's really a stretch to think that Disney gives a damn about whether or not Lucasfilm maintains the Rule of Two.

15. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Ok then what will Lucasfilm do keep Lucas' Rule of Two or let new writers do whatever they want?

16. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    The new writers work for Lucasfilm. It's all one and the same, and it all stems from Lucas's story. If he decided to break the Rule of Two then it will be broken, if not it won't. I don't think Abrams and Kasdan are just in a bubble doing whatever they want.

Darth Chiznuk and Dra--- like this.
  17. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    I think it'd be awesome to explore the Rule of Two more thoroughly. They kind of explored the inverse of the Rule of Two when Darth Vader killed Darth Sidious to save his son. I'd love to explore the actual idea of Sithly infighting and how the Master and Apprentice are often at each other's throats for domination.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't want them to explore Sith-related subjects.

19. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I want them to explore geometry and algebraic equations. Very interesting subjects.

KED12345 and Dra--- like this.
  20. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    First of all, I'm against the Sith as the villains in the ST. I said a couple of times that they're destroyed at the end of Ep 6, their return would undermine Anakin's redemption in terms of destroying the Sith.
    However, I think it would be cool to have the Sith menace in the background of the sequels. Let's say, Luke and his children and/or apprentices in search for Sith origins and holocrons travel throughout the galaxy and visiting old Sith temples (now ruins) while making some references to their origin mentioning also the creation of the Jedi, the schism that created the Sith and so on. I could live with the plot of villains searching for those holocrons too in an attempt to gain dark side powers, just as long as they're not the Sith.

21. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011
    Things I'd like to see:
    • Midi-Chlorians
    • Immortality (the movies by themselves didn't show much of anything about Sidious and the concept of it)
    • One of the top codes of the Sith = Treachery, Selfishness, and selling your soul for ultimate power over all others
    • Actual Sith training
    • Discussion of rule of two as opposed to possible new concepts

Jedi Merkurian and Immortiss like this.
  22. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    There are a lot of things that go into Anakin's redemption (if you believe such a thing possible). For example, redemption is a personal concept that doesn't relate to the success of external goals. He could have been redeemed even if he had failed to destory the Sith simply choosing good again as well as his son. The only thing that can take that redemption away would be Anakin returning somehow as Vader.

As to external successes, Anakin saved Luke and helped defeat the Empire -- those are important successes that wouldn't be diminished by a return of the Sith.

Odolwa, Immortiss and Mystery Roach like this.
  23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Could the Jedi and the Sith work together against a common enemy?

Dra--- likes this.
  24. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Wouldn't mind seeing that if vong/rakata or something showed up. Leading to balanced force users like DOTJ

Dra--- likes this.
  25. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    No, of course not.
    The return of the Sith would only diminish the mythology of episodes 1-6. So the question is: Would it be worth do ruin the concept of six movies in order to bring the same villains (knowing that there are infinite possibilities in this imaginary galaxy) that are supposed to be destroyed for just three movies?