main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    You know what I am still missing when it comes to this special is we were at the moment in time when he married Queen Elizabeth but I am still curious to how that adventure ends to where the two become enemies to explain why she was so mad at him at the end of the Shakespeare Code.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Hint: He left her standing at the altar, me thinks.

Random Comments likes this.
  3. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    But in the end of time The Doctor even says he got married to Queen Elizabeth which was a bad idea and good old Queen Bess she is no longer and stuff. Plus we see them actually get married in The Day of The Doctor and when he is leaving to help against the zygons they are so far on good terms. So The Doctor must have done something really bad to make Elizabeth mad at him after he came back.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    That's just it though, me thinks. He never came back because presuming we're right about where in the timeline Ten is, Ten's next adventure lead directly to the events of The End of Time and his regeneration into Eleven.

Random Comments likes this.
  5. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Just another question that arises in The Day of The Doctor that we can only speculate on the answer.

So jw does anyone know of a website where it could help me build a First Doctor TARDIS control panel? I really wanna try to build one.

Also I think I wanna put together a First Doctor cosplay any help on what he exactly wears?

6. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
  7. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    But it's obvious, isn't it? He married her and then promptly left, leaving her behind, and not returning until (from Elizabeth's point of view) "The Shakespeare Code", by which time she was pretty pissed off (and rightfully so).

8. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    So I don't know if it has crossed anyones mind but since The Doctor knows Gallifrey is still alive and so are his people and if we assume he may go looking for his people when he becomes 12th Doctor does it mean at all possibly we might get regenerated versions of Susan or Romana? Because it has never been said wether either of them died it was just assumed since he was the last of the timelords. So is it at all possible we could see them again?

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Okay, I rewatched the relevant part to make sure I didn't miss anything big, but how exactly was the First Doctor able to start the calculations to move Gallifrey? Did the Moment help out by opening more of those time portal thingies?

10. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    MICHELLE DOCKERY FOR ROMANA!!! *starts a petition*

Also, I've just watched the Adventure in Space and Time. Really, really good. Verity Lambert was a proper badass. :cool: And the moment when Hartnell "saw" Matt Smith as the Doctor was really beautiful. [face_love]

11. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    AISaT was my highlight, for sure. Anyone who claims Gatiss isn't a good writer or doesn't understand Doctor Who can simply **** off after this. Beautiful piece of television.

12. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Why do you think she would make a good Romana?

And to bring back Romana or Susan would really be an awesome way to connect back to the classics. And with Peter Capaldi as the new Doctor and appearing much older this sort of grandfatherly looking figure would be interesting if he had his granddaughter Susan back again.

13. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Has anyone got a clue as to where in 10ant's timeline this was?

14. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    After The Waters of Mars but before The End of Time.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Now, I am more adamant in my belief in a needed revisit with Arkytoir/Susan after DotD. After the finale, he could now keep 2 promises to her. First, is the obvious "Someday, I'll come back for you", but now he can also have the motivation to do so because she once asked if he would ever take her home and he said when the time was right. I love the audio stories, but part of me will feel wholly unfulfilled until that arc is wrapped up tidily on screen.

16. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Also to make a point when I say I want Romana and Susan back in Doctor Who I don't necessarily mean they need to become companions again I just would love to see them come back as the focus of an episode to sort of learn what happened to them.

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh that's right, I still haven't seen that yet. I need to watch it.

But of course that's more disappointing than no 9. Are you kidding? Ian >>>> 9. And after that photo of his name on the school sign I thought for sure he'd be in it. I just am frankly shocked that on the 50th anniversary they didn't take then opportunity to bring back one of the original companions while they still could. I am really really hoping he will be in Christmas or something. But I wanted to see him see both Tennant and Smith as the Doctor and be shocked by that...

Also, being disappointed about no 9 would have required an expectation that he'd be in it. I believe I've been one of the people saying there was no way Eccleston would do it, that he wasn't being coy in interviews, he just really is a jerk.

18. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    re: Susan Foreman

She was mentioned in The Rings of Akhaten, seen in The Name of the Doctor and Clara specifically looked at her picture on the companion wall in The Day of the Doctor.

If Moffat was going to bring her into Who again, he's already been laying subtle hints.

Rew likes this.
  19. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Loool. Even as someone who does think Moffat has problems with his ladies, I didn't have a problem with that line. Just for the record.

I read somewhere that Wedding of River Song theme was playing when Ten asked how the painting got into the museum. Which, if true, would be a pretty great Easter Egg. I haven't confirmed it, though.

It was sooo refreshing and exciting to see Ten. I had gotten really tired of him and excited for Eleven by the end of his run, but it was so fun to see him running around with a machine that goes ding, threatening a rabbit. Tennant and Smith played off each other perfectly, and it was great that they had Hurt to bring the gravitas to balance them a little. I still haven't finished the last season, I was dragging my feet for a long time and got up to Journey to the Center of the TARDIS, but now I'm pretty excited to finally finish it and get on with Twelve already.

solojones, 07jonesj and Rebel_Padawan like this.
  20. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Fair enough, I still didn't like that bit, though! :)

21. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Wait really? She was in Name of The Doctor? And she may have been in Day of the Doctor on that wall but it was too quick to look at the wall completely.

22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    What did I miss between the season finale and the 50th anniversary to explain how Claire and the Doctor got out of his head thingy?

Penguinator likes this.
  23. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Nothing. I guess we just have to assume they... climbed out?

Penguinator likes this.
  24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Really? Hm. I was thinking it was one of the peripheral mini-episodes or something leading up to it.

That seemed like it was a pretty big deal while they were in there.

25. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, I think we all believed it directly connected to the anniversary somehow.

Random Comments and Penguinator like this.