main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Because they can't cover every arc in the trailer?

I don't know, but I never heard of any sort of pushback.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Clovis arc might have been pushed back but not sure.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The production numbers for the Young Jedi arc are for season five.

I don't watch trailers so I can't tell you anything about that.

The Clovis arc (or at least one episode) was set to air in season five, it has a season five production number, but it was removed from season five.

4. Darth Desolous

Darth Desolous Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    Oh yeah, that's true.

Yeah the Clovis arc was pushed back to what would have been Season Six.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    In retrospect, I suspect it was delayed at the final hour due to the Disney announcement. Insider magazine advertised the Clovis arc in great detail about a month or two before it was set to air, and it was exactly that time the announcement was made. They were probably told they had to end that season, so they bumped Clovis to move up that one Ahsoka arc. It wouldn't fit otherwise if they had to end with her leaving the Order.

Ahsoka wasn't in the droids arc, correct? Hrm. Either they really liked that arc and decided to keep it over Clovis, or the Clovis arc wasn't long enough to fill the 20-episode schedule they set for themselves.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I had also wondered why they kept the droid arc and not the Clovis one.

7. Darth Desolous

Oct 26, 2013
    So the Ahsoka finale arc was meant to be Season 6, but moved up to end her story just in case TCW ended? But I still wonder why the Clovis arc had to leave the season.

8. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    There was clips in the first trailer shown at Star Wars Weekends last year, which this forum won't let me embed for some reason, they were just of Obi-Wan and the space battle, nothing was shown of the kids. In the trailer with a 2 minute 23 running time the clips are at 58 seconds and 1 minute 30. Just type: the clone wars season five trailer ignentertainment into youtube.​

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Wasn't the original story that the Young Jedi arc was a top secret test pilot shown to an audience of kids at the last Celebration to test the reception to it? Like Barriss said they probably did decide to bump it up when they found out they were going to have to end this season so Ahsoka could have more screen time before what became the series finale. Who knows, maybe there were plans for an actual Young Jedi spin off or maybe Rebels will turn out of have something to do with it. I've been suspicious. I've also wondered before if maybe there wasn't something in the Clovis arc that caused CN to pull it because Young Jedi seemed slotting into Season 5 at the last minute.

10. Darth Desolous

Oct 26, 2013
    Nice catch. Yeah, I saw the trailer which made me again depressed about the show. But anyway, I saw the brief space battle scene that was part of that arc. So this I guess this proves that it was part of Season 5 the whole time.

Obimus Primobi likes this.
  11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I still think they should have included the Clovis arc and had the season consist of 23 episodes (it was the final proper season so they should have been allowed for it to be slightly longer than previous ones; they could have even aired the 21st episode and then 22 & 23 as an 1 hour finale and that would have worked, at least in my opinion).

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree. I don't know why they had to end the season in early March with 20 episodes unless CN's contract ran out in mid-March. The Clovis arc might have redeemed season 5, sort of.

13. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    I am voting for you as the new President of Cartoon Network.=D=

14. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Which doesn't help since CN isn't involved anymore lol

Obimus Primobi likes this.
  15. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    CN needs a new President because it doesn't show anything worth watching anymore.

16. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Yes; you might say they were in quite a rush to end the season.

17. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    According to Rebels Report interview with Brent Friedman, Matthew Michnovetz was the head writer of Season 6/7. That just makes me even more disappointed that we'll never see the show move to its natural conclusion. :(

I wonder if we're ever going to hear the full details of what they had planned but I sadly doubt it.

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    ^Totally, Matt Michnovetz did an excellent job with the Umbara arc and I had hope to see him do more with the clone trooprers.

I'm glad CN has finally purged itself of decent action cartoons so I don't have to watch anything from it. Its not all about TCW, II just don't like CN. Normally it is their fault. They seen to cancel everything. I think there was a rush to end season 5 and nobody wanted to give CN a hair over 22 episodes so we got twenty. I also think CN probably played their hand in it. At some point they decided that's not what they wanted to focus on. Toys based on these shows in general just aren't selling well as a whole as they used to. That's the tagline for most of CN's cancellations, CN decided to try and reel in an older audience with their cheap crackbaby comedy cartoons. Yeah that's opinion formulated from debates on Toonzone's forum.

19. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Am curious but the Onderon/Younglings and Droid arcs were pretty awful yet the Maul and Barriss (plots holes aside) arcs where really great, It was almost like a completely different writing crew.
    So the question is who was responsible for the first 3, Filoni or Lucas and who was responsible for the last 3 Filoni or Lucas ?

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    How did Matt Michnovetz do a good job on the Umbara arc? The writing was full of terrible.

Whoever did the visuals did a great job on the Umbara arc. Visual appeal is what earned the Umbara arc praise, not the writing, which completely collapses after opening episode.

Whoever came up with the ideas for the Umbara arc, for the conflict between Krell and the clones, and Krell himself....they did a great job. If that was Matt, which I doubt, good on him, but he somehow screwed up his own ideas. Matt Michnovetz hardly added anything good to the base ideas and just completely fouled up the second half.

What a shock, Matt Michnovetz was also the writer for the Citadel arc, another fantastic idea with outstanding visual appeal that was totally sunk by its writing.

Darth Desolous likes this.
  21. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    I must be visually orientated as I enjoyed both of Matt Michnovetz's arcs or maybe it's because The Citadel and Umbara arcs feel like a treat due to the lack of Clone action in the later seasons. It does have me hoping we get to see his bounty hunter arc.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Citadel arc was just awful, Tarkin was the only redeeming factor in it. I did like Umbara.

As far as Maul and Barriss, it was Lucas' idea to bring Maul back and Lucas' idea to make Barriss the bomber, I don't know anything else. My opinion of the Barriss arc is pretty well known by now but Maul did end up growing on me, and Eminence and The Lawless were the best of the season by a long shot.

Legolas Skywalker and fett 4 like this.
  23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Agreed Tarkin was the only good thing about that arc. I remember watching it thinking oh another Lava planet [face_plain]

Don't get me wrong, both Maul's return and Barriss "bomb plot" made no sense whatsoever.. but unlike the other 3 arcs I was at least able to watch them.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My one-sentence version of the Citadel arc would be "Ahsoka demonstrates that she can do whatever the hell she wants and it will be praised, because she's Ahsoka."

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Not to get off-topic, but the times I've recently watched some of CN with my kids I've been amazed at just how freaking weird and random most of their shows are.