main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Who are the idiots that come up with these rumors? When Ahsoka left Anakin in the finale she was roughly the age of the character that they are casting for. Somehow she did not age in 30+ years?

Jedi Merkurian and Krueger like this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  3. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008

Claire Curry on Twitter. Roughly 11,136 people auditioned in total and 312 got callbacks. That comes out to less than .03% were called back.

4. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Thanks.

Maybe there's still a chance for the rest to be a part of the film. I posted what I think might be the extras call on another thread on this forum. The thread's called "open casting".

5. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I thought the audition number would be higher than 11,136 people

And that's 3% not 0.03%

6. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    We I'll admit your theory is thought out here... big question I suppose if your theory turns out true is will these actors get to play Luke and Leia on there own in flashbacks or holorecording... and eventually their own spin offs not just being the basis for aging back the big three.

Still not sure if this will happen (think I'm too fearful of lending any hope to this for fear of breaking my heart if it doesn't happen)... on some levels this seems a great idea (we get a billion times more big 3 movies and all the stories we've wanted for 36+ years ^:)^ ), and on others it seems very risky (some strong backlash to the Tron Legacy aging back by a vocal minority, and can the recasts be even close to as good as the originals especially if cast on their own not just for deaging purposes? [face_nail_biting] ). I honestly think of done right it could work out amazingly and I want more stories... just fearful of can they pull it off. I'm not sold that Disney will do this, but on some level I think I'm kinda hoping they will... after all if they're gonna do a Han Solo origin (as the countless rumors suggest) story might as well go all the way and recast Luke and Leia too, that way the Han origin story can lead into more rebellion vs the empire movies

I'll give you Disney's MO is iconic characters... its their life blood. So the basis for your theory is sound. The weak point seems Lucas and Mark hinted VII would be when Luke was 60 but that doesnt mean VII becomes X and VII becomes the gap between to set up X which Lucas surely must have alluded to in his story treatments. Speculation: Maybe the reason the script work is taking forever? Anyways back on point... From a business point of view this idea seems very sound to me... and in the end that was Goerge's MO and Disneys.

7. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008

Oops forgot to move the decimal lol. But the 11,136 were just from this past weekend, not all of the other auditions as well.

8. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    carbon freezing anyone?

Immortiss likes this.
  9. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    We have astrodroids for math! We don't need to know it!:p

Echo-07 likes this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I worked late on Saturday, slept in on Sunday and completely forgot about the auditions. My dream of being one in an endless sea of SW fans that may or may not be filmed and may or may not be included on DVD special features is dead. :(

11. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Not necessarily so: http://www.starnow.co.uk/Casting-Ca.../extras_wanted_for_hollywood_feature_film.htm

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Meh I'd rather laugh at people than be laughed at by people.

13. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Carbon freezing puts people into a hibernation. Han even described as "A wide-awake nothing." Meaning he was conscious even if he couldn't see or hear what was going on outside. He still aged. This would also explain as to why his hair is longer when he is unfrozen in ROTJ.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Yeah more than a few bloggers are now treating this as news even though they reported on it back in June (slashfilm for example). Anything for a click.

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Come on man! Just one click! It's killin' me man!

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Don't presume The Hollywood Reporter knows less than we do :) There is lots of new info in this article regarding who is testing for the other films. It's possible a new revised notice has gone out for the 40's military role the same way the "Thomas" and "Rachel" notices were revised from the original notice. I think it's likely this role is either "John" or "Will" from the Jason Flemyng (47 years old) audition script.

17. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    If Han aged while frozen, he also would've starved to death. Since he didn't die, it looks more like suspended animation.

Immortiss, TKT and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  18. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    I'm not saying they know less than we do. I'm just saying it took them five months to catch up with the rest of us.

19. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Han was conscious though. His hair also grew. Obviously it is fictional science, so whatever he went through stabilized his system, but he was conscious.

20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

T-R- and Immortiss like this.
  21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Oh, goodness, I certainly hope not. Remember I was mentioning some of the worst ideas for the ST I've heard shared in the last year?

Well, Ahsoka surviving all these years in carbon freeze, only to appear in Episode VII as a feisty young Jedi, when she would otherwise be roughly 75-80 years old (and preferably dead before Episode IV to keep Luke's unique quality intact), was one of the big ones. I've also heard similar nightmare scenarios suggested for the likes of Maul.

I say let's keep the foundation simple, JJ:

1. Return of the Big3 (plus Chewie, Lando and the droids).
    2. The next generation include (but perhaps are not limited to) the children of Luke and Leia/Han.
    3. A new villain with thematic ties to I-VI.

From there, feel free to be as creative as one wishes with the story, while paying heed to what has come before with visual, musical and thematic nods. I think this would give most of us the ST we desire, free of any cringe-worthy, eye-rolling stunts like Ahsoka Tano appearing as the hero.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It'll be revealed in Episode VII that Ahsoka was present at the Battle of Endor flying in a personal X-Wing that had a cloaking device and that she was the one who actually fired the shots that destroyed the Death Star while simultaneously she was controlling Darth Vader telepathically to destroy Emperor Palpatine and all this while also using the Force to influence the Imperials on the moon that they wanted to lose to teddy bears.

23. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012

Who is "we"? I'm sure there are a lot of people that would like the idea of bringing Ahsoka or Maul into Episode VII. But JJ will never approve that idea, its hilarious. She will probably be back in Rebels so they won't use her in VII... Or maybe they will freeze here in Rebels to make a bridge to VII???

And Chewie is dead.

24. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    I think they can ignore that if they wanted to. That line didn't even make it into the scene they shot, which was cut out of the film entirely.

Echo-07, T-R- and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  25. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    It depends on who Gworge Lucas put in his stories for the ST, and spin offs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.