main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Who's Gworge Lucas?

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't think George put in specific characters. Everything we've heard points to the story being vague about characters.

3. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Since when is Lucas writing the spin-offs? o_O

4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    He's a new main character for the ST - a 6yo Gungan with force sensitive powers :-B

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Some mod favorite.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Enough of this secrecy. The ST is about Luke's son struggling to find a job as the galactic economy begins to crumble. It's going to star Zach Galifianakis as Billy Skywalker and is tentatively titled Couch Wars Episode VII: The Bum Moves Out.

JediWheelz and Darth Raiden like this.
  7. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    when Bob Iger announced the ST, he was excited by the story, and the new characters, of course the Spin offs are from his ideas, they tie into the ST.
    Kasdan, and Kinberg may be working on them along with rebels, but of course they'll want his ideas, he created the SWU

Ryus likes this.
  8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Come on, don't be like that. "We" is anybody who happens to agree with the sentiment of my post. I said I think it would give most of us the foundation of a happy ST. Which, if you think about, it is really no different than you saying you're "sure there are a lot of people that would like the idea of bringing Ahsoka or Maul into Episode VII" (which I don't doubt for a minute - there's no accounting for taste, after all). :p

All this is the long and fun way of saying I never implied for a moment that I was speaking for everybody.

9. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Well the ST, is being made for more than just the OT fans, but also, TCW,. and PT fans, as well as the people brought in by Rebels, and the promotion disney will be giving it.

Darth Raiden, DarthBreezy and Ryus like this.
  10. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    This is certainly true, but I don't think that means it's necessarily a good idea to have a checklist of characters from each SW endeavor, ready to shoe-horn the most popular of those characters into the ST just 'cause, you know?

As I've said before, not every character we love needs to be everywhere all the time.

edit: Incidentally, I may be an original OT fan, but I'm also a fan of the PT, a fan who watched every episode of TCW as it premiered, and a fan who looks forward to Rebels almost as much as I do the ST and the stand alone films (which is to say my opinion is not clouded by a blind love of the OT).

11. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    It's up to the story, and Disney wants to make as much money as possible, so that means attracting as many people as possible.
    plus we still have plot threads from the PT, and TCW, and maybe Rebels, that may only be resolved in the spin offs, and the ST.

Ryus likes this.
  12. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Don't forget its also meant to addict a whole new generation of fans too... ;)

Immortiss and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  13. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Yep, we should expect the unexpected, and not underestimate ILM, George Lucas, and the team he brought in.
    To those who think he won't have much input, he's friednds with Kennedy, and Kasdan, mentor to Abrams, and Arndt.

They want to honor his vision

Trebor Sabreon, Immortiss and Ryus like this.
  14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Fair point.

[​IMG]

Hey, looky here. KK and JJ are taking notes from a private lecture from Lucas.

15. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    It's been said that all of the surrounding SW content will be created to support Episode VII and the ST. The ST is like the Sun and everything else will revolve around it. I currently have the sense that the 10 episodes of Season 6 of TCW and REBELS will support Episode VII and the ST the most.

Darth Raiden and Ryus like this.
  16. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Everything released since the disney deal, except for Scoundrels, Mercy Kill, Crucible, and Legacy are being made to fit the ST
    the film makers are talking to Stradley of the comics, and Heddle with books

Ryus likes this.
  17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, I've heard Hidalgo and Chee are aligning the EU.

Echo-07 and Ryus like this.
  18. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    their also consulting on the ST, Pablo wrote on his blog, that George was using him, and chee, as references while writing the treatments.
    it probably means we might get some eu references, and a character, or two

T-R- and Ryus like this.
  19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    So, who do you guys think is going to be in Star Wars? :)

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  20. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Maybe Rachel Hurd wood will play Mara Jade, the children of the force arc of TCW has Palpatine using a bounty hunter to kidnap force sensitive childrenknso that would bring her into the film canon, since Pablo Hidalgo stated that TCW, is equal to the movies, and future series, and movies would draw from it.

Echo-07 likes this.
  21. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Assuming your still theorizing they're de-aging the big 3 ALOT here (like 25ish years) and not saying Mara will now be 30 years younger than Luke… is that correct? Or are you talking [solely?] spin-off [too?]?

People, muppets, droids, and CGI

Or did you want something more specific? :p;)

Edit: blasted tablet won't merge the smily face with your quote... don't know why. Sorry, 5 edits and none took... :confused:

Immortiss and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  22. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013

23. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Exactly. That line is no where near the movie, so it doesn't apply.

WTH?????? what, at all, points to the ST being 2-5 years after Jedi? Everything points to 30-40 years post Jedi with Luke is his 60's.

Echo-07 and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Probably some actors and actresses though I'm not sure.

25. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    the pre Disney EU points to that, the new books, comics and story lines, the toys that are being released, the plot threads from the
    PT, and TCW, the fact that Rebels, and the spin offs are tied to the ST, the June casting list, the fact that they're looking for body doubles, if you pay attention to who's getting callbacks, and what the casting people are looking for. the VFX crew working with ILM, that has experience with forrest gump, Tron Legacy, and Benjamin Button. It's pretty plain to, from a business sense, the iconic characters from Star Wars, are Han, Luke, and Leia, after the trouble disney had with John Carter, and Lone Ranger, they know those characters sell, and JJ is very good with Iconic characters, the active fandom may be ready to move on, but the general public would love to see their favorite hero's having new adventures. Also George Lucas waited for when the tech was right to do the PT, no doubt, he did the same with the ST. the rumor is that the ST, is Luke centric, that would be because he's the hero, if it was about his son, or daughter, they would call it Skywalker, or solo centric.If you're going by the actors ages, or what Jett said, with ILM's skilll, age doesn't matter, and their no way Jett would reveal anything about his fathers story. no one from Lucasfilm has said that the current story takes place thirty years later. everything else from Lucasfilm is pointing to closer to ROTJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.