main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Come up north and you can shovel and bring home as much as you want from my driveway…snow that is, not cats.

Okay, I admit I clicked on the YouTube video titled: Star wars Palpatine Sex Scene. :eek: It was interesting how that video was edited to make a sex scene.

2. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Wonderful.

Jedi_Lover killed the conversation. Thanks a bunch, JL. :p

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Anyways! Moving on!

If you want snow... Or cats, just come here :)

Trak, good luck with the Mother.

I had a headache all day. I was hoping to get the majority of my 2nd paper done, but I only got down 700 words. Ugh.

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Tomorrow...

My last day of freedom...

...until Thursday.

I will spend it cleaning, solidifying house rules, and Mom-proofing. Above all my other regulations, she'll need to remember that she is disrupting my routine. Already I'm not happy.

5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I caught my step-father smoking inside (he did have the window open), because my mom was gone. I ripped a chunk out of him. You have my total permission to do that to your mother. Have fun on your last day of freedom.

I managed to sit down and vomit out another 700 words, I'm currently at 1400. Half way there. I know I should continue pushing, but I think I'm done for tonight. It's not due till next Monday, but I'm going to the 50th Doctor Who special tomorrow evening and people want me to go to Catching Fire Tuesday (though I'm probably going to say no), and people are dragging my heathen butt to Bible Study on Wednesday (life is making me lose my faith, people are worried, but I honestly don't care right now). And on top of this, I haven't even started my biggest paper. I'm so screwed.

6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Lol! There wasn't actual sex just suggestive things in the movie edited together.

Well it is 7 AM and my husband wakes me up to bring the kids to school. I said, "They have the whole week off." Then he says, "Nobody told me that!". I responded, "Both boys told you that last night when you tried to get them to bed early". He looked confused. "I thought they were lying". I reminded him they have had Thanksgiving week off every year since they started going to this charter school three years ago. He is grumbling that nobody tells him anything. The school has a website and if he paid any attention to his kids he would know they had the week off or when concerts are or when parent/teacher conferences are going on. It is not a conspiracy to keep him in the dark.

So I can't get back to sleep so I am looking at Netflix. There is this movie called Grabbers. The synopsis is: When alien monsters go on a murderous rampage on an Irish island, the only survivor is drunk -- because alcohol makes blood toxic to the aliens. Now, as a sober cop tries to stop the carnage, the rest of the town must get wasted in order to survive.

Irish people must get drunk to survive! Oh the humanity. lol! It's a good thing that the monsters didn't attack Salt Lake City.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Jedi_Lover: There may be something to what you said earlier about your husband having difficulties. A follow-up on that may be advised. :(

Briannakin: I lost what faith I ever had when in '06 Israel started blowing up half of Lebanon because they could, and no one did a damn thing to stop them. Well, it wasn't so much a loss of faith as an outright rejection of magic skydaddies and whatnot. It was a simple matter of time and self-discovery, aided and abetted by my aunt and her husband, plus some interesting videos from a YouTuber named "philhellenes," and now I'm what those of zeal might call a "militant atheist."

8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I am going to talk to our doctor. The last time he had cancer I had to nag him for a year to go see the doctor about those weird patches on his neck and face that don't heal. It wasn't until his father came down with melanoma that he decided to get himself checked out. He had melanoma and they did surgery. It was a lot of cutting. So much so he ended up with nickname scarface from the people he worked with. It was bad. Anyway, a few years later his father was diagnosed with brain cancer and he died two weeks later. So I told my husband maybe he should get checked out. Unfortunately I can't force him to get an MRI.

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    JL, I'd continue to nag him, you can't do much else. Men can be so stubborn when it comes to their health and the big, bad C word. I'm pretty sure my step-dad has lung cancer - he smokes like a chimney and has been coughing up bloody shavit for months now, yet he refuses to go for tests. Then there was my grandfather, who deserved a good smack upside the head. He didn't go till it was far, far too late.

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    What is it with men? If I started coughing up blood I would be in the ER in a nanosecond.

11. Master Elaine Nega

Master Elaine Nega Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2013
    Ever tried to lure your step - dad to the hospital by lying to him?
    Also, it' s been a while since I visited this topic... Hello everyone! Also, what do you think of my new avatar?

12. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Because males are conditioned from a very early age to "suck it up" and "tough it out" or maybe even to "man up" or "take it like a man."

Pause for wonder.

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    And women are conditioned from a very early age to seek immediate medical treatment if they start coughing up blood. :p

I guess the only reason you guys reach adulthood is because as a child your mother can drag you kicking and screaming to the ER whether you want to or not. Once you guys turn 18 that's called kidnapping. That is when we have to resort to nagging.

14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Yep.

Your self-deprecating crack about women seeking immediate help is probably more true than you'd care to admit, but it's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm definitely your atypical male in that I will seek treatment if something major is going down (e.g., coughing blood, animal bite, excessive vomiting, unexplained "growths"). Of course there's the whole deal about America having crappy health care coverage and many folks unable to afford going to see a doctor unless it really is something serious.

And to think, we call ourselves civilized... [face_flag]

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Who said I was being self-deprecating? I was bragging about the superior common sense of women. There are certain things that should be checked into immediately: coughing up blood, blood in urine, numbness on one side of your body, sudden blindness or a giant alien bursting out of your chest. Those are big red flags.

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Just to throw a wrench into the works, I won't go to the doctor.

17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    You'd be the person with the alien sticking out of your chest saying, "Don't call an ambulance…I think I can bandage this up on my own."
    Go on the government exchanges and get Obamacare. We have socialized health care making us now a civilized nation…okay, we'll be civilized like Canada once the website gets working…and all you healthy young people start signing up. o_O

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Sadly, that's pretty true. "Oh, don't worry about me. I'll numb it with ice while soaking my X-Acto knife in rubbing alcohol, bite down on a sock, and cut it off myself! I can sew, so stitching shouldn't be a problem. Get me a towel, would you? This may get messy..."

19. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Jedi_Lover: The program derisively nicknamed "Obamacare" (thanks Mitt, you little ****) was a step, albeit a baby step, in the right direction. Single-payer health care (what Canada and most of Europe has) is what we really need. It's gotten so bad in this country that it's now a "thing" amongst English-speaking foreigners (read: Brits and Aussies) to mock us for the fact that we don't have a halfway decent system, engage in inhumanitarian acts and support nations that do the same, and wage aggressive war—and yet gleefully announce that we're the only remaining superpower.

Unfortunately, from what murmurs I've been hearing, China and India both are starting to invest in larger navies with, yes, aircraft carriers and carrier battlegroups. It may well be possible that we'll see an Indian supercarrier roaming their namesake ocean in the next ten years.

Just ignore me. I can get a bit prickly when it comes to collective self-delusion.

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I don't doubt it. We'll probably have another cold war and massive military build up like we did with the USSR.

And even Obama and the Democrats calls it Obamacare now so I don't know if it can still be considered a derisive term.

21. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Probably not. But what really gets me is that the Affordable Health Care Act was directly modeled off of the program Mitt the Twit instituted in Massachusetts. You know, the one that turned out to be wildly successful? And of course because a Democrat was flogging the idea of adapting it for use across the country, it's suddenly become the worst thing since Social Security.

Oh, wait... [face_flag]

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    If Mitt's Massachusetts health plan was so successful why are you calling him a twit?

My son and I are watching Jeepers Creepers 2 and he's asking me stupid questions like what is the nationality of the monster. For some reason he thinks it is French. I don't know why. I told him the monster couldn't be French…it would have surrendered by now.

23. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Oh crikey, French surrender jokes...they don't get old at all.

As for your question: it's because Mitt was one of—if not the—first major politican to flip-flop about his health plan being turned into a national thing. When it was his baby he was all for it (have I mentioned that Mitt was once a lukewarm social progressive?), but when more folks could possibly benefit...you see where I'm going with this. In order to have a prayer of making it as the Republican nominee in the first place, the guy basically had to sell his soul to the Teabaggers, and even then he didn't entirely succeed in getting full support from what ought to have been his political base in his new guise as a God-fearing social and fiscal conservative. It's part of why he really never had a decent chance of beating Obama in the first place; that, and his primary competition consisted largely of escapees of the local loony bin.

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    My son thought my surrendering French joke was funny. I really find the term tea bagger offensive because of its sexual connotation. I hear that term joked about on TV and I have so far avoided explaining to my youngest child why people think it is so funny. Then yesterday the kids and I were watching the news only to hear reports about Martin Bashir saying somebody should deficate in Sarah Palin's mouth. The rhetoric is getting too vitriolic in my opinion.

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Canadians love laughing at the American rhetoric. Our politicians and reporters are mostly tame (with the exception of a few :p *Rob Ford) . However, keep an eye out for the next Canadian election (coming in either 2015 or 2016). Justin Trudeau is one of the party leaders now. The Trudeaus are kinda like Canada's version of the Kennedys. Anyways, Justin Trudeau's father was prime minister for many years and Justin has been known to call cabinet ministers "flaming piles of feces" (I use feces because I cant use the actual word) DURING parliament sessions. So the next election shall be a show.

More importantly, I just go back from watching the 50th anniversary special of Doctor Who the theater in town put on. OMG, it was amazing! No spoilers, but I thought it was really well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.