main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    EU has nothing to do with the ST, as GL, KK, and BI all said after the purchase

New books like Crucible? no, that takes place after. New books like Scoundrels? No that takes place during the OT. Comics? Those take place post Legacy or during the OT.

of characters from the movies as dressed in the movies?

What plot threads? And how would they point to 5 years after Jedi?

Rebels takes place between III and IV, so not sure how that points to 5 years post Jedi. Spin-offs that have no information attached somehow point to 5 years post Jedi?

S---T---R---E---T---C---H---I---N---G

Nothing claimed body doubles.

which doesn't point to body doubles but potential children of the OT3.

the also have experience with most of the major motion pictures around, since, you know, they are ILM.

This part is true, they'll want to use and capitalize on the OT3 to sell tickets. Only problem is they will use the current ages, just as Lucas always said.

Lucas also waited for the actors to be the right age, as he always said the ST would follow Luke in his 60's.

Really? LUCAS himself said the ST would take place when Luke was in his 60's, 30 or 40 years later. He said that from 1980 on.

sorry buddy, but NOTHING points to the ST being 5 years after RotJ.

2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I imagine Lucas is using the ST to pass on what he has learned, figuratively and literally. He's not personally and professionally trying to re-invigorate himself.

Echo-07 likes this.
  3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I have seen posts that have taken up more space. 4/10.

4. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    yeah, but did they use as few words as I did? :cool:

Dra--- likes this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "It's bigger on the inside".

T-R- and Ryus like this.
  6. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    T-R- One of the many plot threads from TCW that was left hanging is Darth Maul. Pablo has said numerous times that things from TCW weren't intended to be finished there, but in other things instead. Now let's say Maul does appear it would be a pretty big stretch to see him 50 years later harassing the next generation of heroes. There's also Rotta, and last we saw the Big 3 just killed his dad, I'm willing to bet he's not to pleased with that.

On the EU front you have Brian Wood's Star Wars creating a brand new EU each month, an EU 2.0 or 3.0 if you prefer. The new novel Honor Among Thieves has Luke's squadron from the Star Wars comic in it. All of these things are being set up with the involvement of the story group at Lucasfilm, the same story group that's working with the film department.

On the Lucas front he has also gone on record saying that we haven't met who Luke would be with yet, and then there's the more frequently stated fact that Lucas said there wouldn't be anymore movies. Before you say well that skill counts because he isn't making them, Jett confirmed that his dad was going to do these movies with or with out Disney. Then there's the huge fact that Lucas loves to wait until technology catches up with his ideas.

Veloz, Ryus and newdawn12 like this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Why wait? We ought probably to begin violently debating the canon-level of any standalone coloring book stories that they release to coincide with Episode VII, now...

8. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    My 4 year old has already begun the leg work.

T-R-, Jedi Merkurian and Echo-07 like this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    We expect a detailed thesis of his findings.

Darth_Panicius, T-R-, Ryus and 2 others like this.
  10. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    It may not be five years, it may be 2 to 10

You should really rewatch the PT, and TCW, after all Anakin may have killed palpatine, but thanks to TCW, with Mauls return, and the Inquisior from Rebels, and the kidnapped children, we now know their are a lot of potential SITH to deal with, and I don't think they'd wait thirty years to go after Luke, and his family, they'd want to stop him, and any possibility of him bringing back the Jedi, and the Shadow conspiracy, will want Leia, and Han for killing Jabba. soon as a survivor got back to them, they'd put a bounty on the three of them.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Dear God in heaven! Stop quoting each other and use tags if you aren't actually replying to specific lines. Our bandwidth only stretches so far. :p

12. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    So they are looking for 19 year olds to robo a 40 year olds head on a 70 year olds body?

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    When you put it like that, I am now completely on board with it.

14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    First off, not saying I agree with anyone here... just trying to be open minded since with casting ongoing it might be a bit till we get more casting news. So really playing devils advocate...

No, they said original story... not quite the same as nothing to do with and Disney's CEO implied they EU elements could be used for inspiration (though he didn't specify where be it VII, spin-offs, or Rebels)

To be fair here, newdawn was referring to books ordered after the deal was announced... Crucible, Kenobi, and Scoundrels was before this thus he wasnt counting them. Where as Razor's Edge and the rest of its series plus the new darth maul book was post announcement for instance. Not sure if he's counting Brain Woods Star Wars comic though... since it was announced long before the buyout but was renewed just prior to it. Rebels is also not in the future but before IV.

Newdawn is drawing a pattern... which since I'm bored I'll not look too heavily at anything being drawn from a pattern as possibly misleading. Though I admit it there is a pattern to no newly announced tales being set anywhere near 30+ years away (Crucible was the last, excluding Legacy series 2 comic, though again it was released before the sale) it could also be explained by without a finialized script LFL just can't do stories close to VII... though one could argue that since the tech exsists VII could be closer to RotJ than the actors actual ages.

Think he's referring to the black series and some EU characters there and EU characters being on the covers of some toy or rpg book (forget what, just recall Mara behind Vader). Arguing Disney would have canceled toys and teases to dead characters to avoid later controdictions... its a sound argument but one that could also be explained by Disney milking every last bit of profit from them.

Here I think he's referring to, Maul, jedi children getting kidnapped, Pleagius and the final TCW arcs, etc..., just a guess though. As to how, not sure how it points to 5 years let alone 35 years.

Think he's in part referring to casting rumors of people being cast in both and assuming its due to a relation or it being the same character... though it could also be just since the actor can do lots of voices and dilects too. I mean Mark Hamill will be playing a "Darth" in these upcoming final Clone Wars episodes and I doubt Luke Skywalker went ds...

Well, besides newdawn :p

Anyways, there is an argument here, it just has few supporting facts. Time will tell.

Most likely kids, though doubles can't be excluded imho (it really is big three like characters for the top three in the June casting call, plus 1 other teen girl (won't lie, if this theory is true, I really hope Mara Jade), and three males: a 30 year old, a 40 year old and 70 year old... let's not forget the male 7'3" casting call that came later)

Agreed, though again I'm bored so I won't ignore the possibility since something you stated could be more likely

We all agree here, just two of us have some resevations as to how far Disney may go to capitalize on the iconic characters

very true. Though Leia was never meant to be lukes sister either. So who knows how much has changed.

Though as to newsdawns exact wording here... so you're saying Lucas waited knowing that we'd have de-aging tech to match our CGI tech he wanted for VII? Uh... do you just mean the computer tech and not de-aging too?

True, no one at LFL has said when VII is, though Lucas and Hamill did say Luke being in his 60s. Though Star Wars has never not stop changing in its draft forms either...

Nothing from LFLstated directly (not implied by something aka) points to anything but in Artoo's life time... though Lucas saying the big three where in negoteations to sign implies in their life times too. Could be anypoint from just after RotJ to 900 years later if one wants to argue about Yodas age and aging/de-aging tech.

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That's what she said?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    This thread...:oops:

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  17. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I just now got done scrolling past a post. How's it going guys?

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't know anymore. I just don't know...

19. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    'It belongs in a museum!'

Veloz, Pro Scoundrel and TheBBP like this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Apparently there is going to be incredibly complex CGI to slap the actors heads onto young people's bodies since it will be set only a few years after ROTJ and absolutely everything we've heard about casting for the next generation of kids is completely false

21. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I've noticed that the clamor for casting info has subsided quite a bit over the past few weeks. It seemed to reach a fever pitch in late September through October, now it's kind of died off. Have people simply gotten tired of getting worked up over nothing, or have they finally resigned to the fact that we're not going to get any info for a while?

22. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Both I think. A lot of people got their hopes up for a big casting announcement to mark the 1 year anniversary of the Disney deal and now since the filming and release date have been pushed back they're mostly resigned to not getting anything else this year.

23. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    I think that people have indeed gotten tired of getting worked up over nothing.

Rumour fatigue has settled in. Four months ago, the mere mention of Actor X's name followed by '#StarWars7' by a pseudo-insider on twitter would launch six threads and two weeks of frenzied speculation. Now, though, the general reaction to 'Actor X in for Episode 7!' is 'Meh. Prove it.'

The confirmed release date makes it clear that Episode 7 is over two years away. That's quite a long time. Given JJ's penchant for secrecy, we may not be getting any significant confirmed info for, well, two years. In the absence of any substantial info about the content of the film, speculation has become a hollow and boring process, and the idea of another two years of fruitless discussion isn't appealing.

24. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I have no doubt there will be plenty to talk about over the next two years, but we do seem to be in a bit of a lull at the moment. I wish something else could shake us up and send us into another full-blown panic, but alas, I don't think that will happen again until next year.

Jedi Merkurian , Echo-07 and Dra--- like this.
  25. Bob Octa

Bob Octa Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2013
    Holy cow, there's a lot of fisking in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.