main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will the ST start the trend of Star Wars Winning Awards?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by phatdude1138, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    How did the PT not get any "Best Costume Design" nominations? Padme alone should have won those.

Apophis_, TKT, ShaneP and 5 others like this.
  2. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Agreed. Trisha Biggar was robbed.

TKT, Darth Chiznuk , Ryus and 3 others like this.
  3. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    You got find a talented actor/actress first.

4. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011

Holy Christ, No. We don't want those people back. At all. Ever. Seriously -- that's absolutely pathetic. Star Wars is infinitely better off without them.

Darth Raiden and Mystery_Roach like this.
  5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    TCW Season 5 won an Emmy, right? That's a beginning.

Ryus likes this.
  6. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    You know I was talking about the Original Trilogy fans who would probably be in their 40's who all openly hate the Prequels?

7. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    I do think that with Disney behind these, we'll see plenty of the technical, design, and costume nominations. They'll fight to make sure the films get recognized. I imagine Lucas' later independence from various film groups cost the films awards (not that it really matters).

Although I would be thrilled to finally see Chewbacca win a best supporting actor award. That guy deserves it. He made me believe that he could rip someone's arms off!

Immortiss and Ryus like this.
  8. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I don't think it's quite as black and white as that - as I know lots of folk who grew up with the originals but who like the prequels too... I also know some who weren't born when the originals came out but who dislike the prequels... :)

9. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011

Yeah, and I was referring to the fact that if someone was so upset by the PT that their reaction was essentially to "walk out crying" then I really, really don't want them to come back. Please just stay away.

Note that I'm not referring to all original trilogy fans who dislike the PT. Just the specific ones who get so worked up over a bunch of family films. Good lord, at the end of the day, they're just movies the last think the fandom needs is all their over-the-top drama.

Immortiss and Mystery_Roach like this.
  10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    But, but that drama is far better than the ones in the family films.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    A pox on your silly notions of vindication through arbitrary trinkets and affirmation from old men. This film already won First Place in my heart. @};-

Mystery_Roach and Immortiss like this.
  12. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    What is it about people that they need validation from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences before they can feel comfortable liking Star Wars? We should have gotten used by now to the idea that science fiction, space opera and comic book films have no official respect from Hollywood, even though it's those genres that rake in the most money for them. They have no choice but to honor such fare in the technical categories, such as special effects, editing, and the like, because the films themselves demand that much, but a Star Wars film will NEVER bag the award for best actor, best picture, or best director, and never will. So what? Does that cheapen anyone's love for it in the slightest? If it does, then such weak-spined people never had any business being fans.

Dranem likes this.
  13. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

Yup, only 1 fantasy/science fiction has ever won best picture.

14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Dunno, was never a fan of her costumes. They seemed too elaborate and over the top. She got a new dress and insane hairstyle with every new scene, angle, cut.
    It was not really necessary and quite distracting at times.

15. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I think 'elaborate' was part of the spec... I don't think one can judge TB for that or for the fact that Padme had a few too many costume changes that it actually detracted from the designs. I think what Trish was asked to provide, she did with a style and finesse not seen in many movies.

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  16. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    Who cares? If you like and enjoy the movie, who gives a rats ass if it wins an Oscar?

Same with people who talk about or wonder or want the movie to become the highest grossing of all time to get the biggest opening weekend - who cares. Its not your money.

17. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    If the movie is great, sure, it has a chance. I do think the December release date helps Episode VII's Oscar chances though. Maybe a nod to Harrison Ford?

18. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

I agree on Episode One. At least a nomination.

I fully expect when it comes to awards for the ST to continue the SW history of technical nominations but little to none in the acting/producing(picture)/directing categories.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Likely.

20. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    EVII will be the first SW movie to win the Nobel Peace Prize.

21. pete brock

pete brock Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2016
    NOT YET!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.