main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I crammed a zip strip down the tub drain and pulled out an icky hairball. Then, I crammed it down the sink drain and pulled out slimy gunky crud.

2. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Oh Trak, you're such a goofball!

Briannakin: Glad you enjoyed yourself at the 50th! It's funny you mention naughty words in parliment; Dick "Buckshot" Cheney told Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle to "go **** yourself" on the floor of the Senate in '04 (or was it '03?). Was he even admonished on the floor of the Senate at the time?

Do I even have to ask?

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Gross. My sister has extremely long, thick hair. Growing up it was like sharing a bathroom with a wookiee. I've pulled creatures with eyes out out of drains.

Trudeau got in deep do-do for saying the poop word. But it was hilarious because the guy has an extremely thick French accent.

4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Got in some playtime with my Legendaries. I've been playing with Zygarde, whom I named Zardoz, and despite being one of the game's big bad Legendary Pokemon with a hellish reputation... when given cupcakes and pets, he dissolves into a pile of love and cuddles.

5. Master Elaine Nega

Master Elaine Nega Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2013
    I never asked for immediate help if I was ill. Like the guys, I am usually also stubborn about health( maybe because I' m a tomboy) . I hate it when others see me as weak and fragile, as if I can' t take care of myself. I remember when I went to hip hop class shortly after illness. I was taking antibiotics before that, so I was weaker than I usually am. My grandma told me to do only the half of what the others are doing in order not to overload myself. But I, as a perfectionist, couldn' t stand to seem weaker than others. I did every exercise and danced with everyone as always. To the end I was literally fainting, but I still continued to repeat all the moves along with others. And then when it finally ended, I fell on the floor... Only to get up the next second, because I didn' t want others to worry about me.

6. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    What did I do after my eye surgery? Worked on a midterm. It wasn't going to delay itself because I had an eyepatch. After back surgery, I went to a local amusement park. Hurt like hell afterward, but totally worth it for fun. Played with nunchucks. Whacked myself in the head. Most people would probably shy away from them after that. Me?

"Give me a couple minutes with an ice pack... Okay! Let's get back to chucking!"

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Going to the doctor is a habit learned in the Army. If you have the flu and are projectile vomiting you can't just called in sick. You have to drag your butt out of bed and go to the clinic and see a doctor so you can get a medical profile (permission slip to stay in the barracks and vomit). If you hurt yourself in any way that might limit your ability to do any work you are required to see the doctor and get a medical profile stating what your temporary limitations are. Your ankle might be twisted and swelled up like a balloon, but if you want out of the PT run, you need a medical profile. That's how the leadership stops people from malingering, they make you go to a doctor and prove you are sick.

Only once did I get permission not to see a doctor, but instead was told to stay in my room and that was when about five hundred soldiers suddenly got ill and were vomiting. We thought we had food poisoning, but later we were told it was some fast moving flu. The clinics and hospital were so full people were lying on blankets in the hallway.

8. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey, Utah was one of the first states to try to repeal that amendment. And there are plenty of drunk people in SLC. Weird liquor laws don't stop them.

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I was thinking of their religion and not the laws. I guess I figure most of the people there are Mormon and my Mormon friends tell me they are not allowed to drink.

10. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Well, today is a (potentially) big day for me. I started my own commissioned model-building business!

11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Day One of my mom being here was okay. We watched some movies. It's raining and cold. Day Two might end up being more of the same.

12. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Congrats, Goodwood! I hope it turns out well!

Glad day 1 went well, Trak! I hope it continues!

I'm working night shift again tonight and I'm really starting to want to go back to doing nights all the time... mostly because I really hate waking up at 5am. But the problem working nights is you are (or at least I am) always tired no matter how much you sleep.

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm heading to bed so I can be up and do stuff. If the rain lets up, I'm going to head to the store and get some Febreeze.

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    mavjade I used to work rotating shifts. 3 day shifts, three swing shifts, three midnight shifts and then three days off. It sucked. The worst one for me was midnight shifts. Between 2AM-3AM was the hardest. I would walk around because if I sat down I would fall asleep. I felt like crap all the time. With our female soldiers we had so many pregnant women miscarry while doing these shifts that the company commander eventually pulled any pregnant women out of the rotating shift system. That appeared to solve the problem. I guess if I was on night shifts all the time it wouldn't be too bad because I would be able to get used to the hours.

15. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm glad day 1 went OK, Trak.

EEkk, that sounds like a horrible schedule, JL. I'm becoming a librarian mostly so that I wont have to deal with any really odd shifts :p

So, I went to Catching Fire last night. It was very good. I highly recommend it. I was also asked last night if I wanted to move into the house my best friend is house-sitting. I was supposed to back in September, but I had decided against it (my grandfather had just died so it was just horrible timing) and I told her to ask me again when one of our other friends living with her went back to Kenya (she leaves in mid-December). Well she asked again and as much as I would like to, I said no. She's the one with this crazy wedding and on top of that, her other roommate (the one not going back to Kenya), is also engaged. Do I really want to live in a house as a single woman with two brides-to-be. No thank you. I'm not sure if anyone would want that, single or in a relationship.

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Day Two is going to end on a very crowded note, as my brother is coming over this evening. Good god, the fights for the bathroom will be something to see. I should charge admission. :p

Actually, you know what? Screw it. No one can drop their lodging plans into my lap like this. My brother will need to stay with his in-laws.

17. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Ouch. You have my sympathies.

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Well, he won't stay at his in-laws and I explained the housing rules and we discussed him leaving Friday, which he discussed with his wife, who won't hear of it. She wants to stay with her parents, yet she thinks it's perfectly okay to dump everyone in my apartment. In my tiny one bedroom apartment. I live in HUD housing, and there are regulations. Those don't matter to his wife, who won't give her own damn husband the time of day because she wants to stay with her parents and he doesn't want to and can't stay with me.

Sorry to inconvenience his wife by having regulations.

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    So much drama during the holidays. :(

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I hate them. I hate holidays so much. I hate Thanksgiving and I hate Christmas.

21. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Bah, humbug!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Well, drama averted for now. My brother went over to his in-laws. His wife is moaning and groaning about how her holiday is now ruined and she's depressed and boo hoo, we've all got problems.

I got my last beer out of the fridge and decided to crack it open. Time to put in cartoons and relax.

23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    J_L: I can imagine that was rough! 2-3 am is the hardest time for me as well... I usually take a walk (if I can) for a coffee. :)

I'm excited for Thanksgiving, though mostly for green bean casserole and stuffing. ;) Though I work until 7:30am tomorrow, will sleep a few hours and then get up to help cook. Hopefully in my sleepiness I don't burn the house down. ;)

24. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Here you go, Trak:

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Mabel barfed on my rug.

Tomorrow I make green bean casserole. Got extra ingredients to make double the amount.

mavjade likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.