main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Spin-off movie release dates

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by chris hayes, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I just gave this thread a more fitting title so it can stay open and host ongoing discussion about possible release dates for the spin-off movies.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Was gonna pull for May 2016 but I'm thinking either A) December 2016 (keep the Star Wars at X-Mas vibe going) or they officially move back to May in 2017 (less Star Wars tradition than Summer blockbuster season kick-off spot... which is actually starting to spill into April)

3. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I'm sure they'll take the place over.

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I wouldn't mind one bit seeing two Star Wars movies six months apart. If the film is good and ready to go in that time what's waiting a year going to do? It's not going to make the film any better or worse for me.

5. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I'm thinking Dec 2016 but then it has to go up against Avatar 2 however if they delayed the first spin off till May 2017 that means EP8 could move back into the May tradition by going May 2018 however Big Bob wants a Star Wars movie released every year so then does that mean there all going into December from now on ?..........

6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    That makes sense I think but I wouldn't make any bets on it. Who knows really. The thing is that I don't think Disney wants to put SW movies out 5 months apart. IE I don't think they want to release E7 in December 2015 and then the first spinoff in May of 2016. So a year later would be December . . .

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  7. chris hayes

Nov 13, 2012
    Yeah December 2016 is the most likely date for the first spin-off & if they have a 2 week gap between Avatar 2 they should be ok bearing in mind Avatar 2 is likely to take a lot less money than the first one.......

Echo-07 likes this.
  8. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    How about November 2016?

9. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    If they can release Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy less than half a year apart then they release the first Star Wars spin-off without waiting a year after Episode VII. I don't think a holiday season release for Episode VII means all future Star Wars movies will be released in the future holiday seasons. Remember, the ST will make money no matter when they decide the films, but the spin-offs aren't a sure thing.

10. chris hayes

Nov 13, 2012
    Yes no problem there at least you won't have the Avatar competition......

11. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Yeah. If it's released in December, it will be a bloodbath.

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, it's entirely possible the first Star Wars spin-off will be like April or August ala Cap 2 / Guardians. Less competition. Heck, May blockbuster season is starting to bleed over into April now anyway. (see Cap / Fast & Furious)

13. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    I think there will be a new tradition of Star Wars films releasing during The Life Day season

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  14. YellowSaberMaster

YellowSaberMaster Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2003
    I think that the only thing that can be counted on being set to a schedule is Ep.7-9. The spin-off movies will probably be released to maintain a certain amount of income to the Disney coffers. I don't have facts to back this up but - we've seen movies be released in theaters, then a set schedule where their video release is like, 4 months after the day it premiered. And don't the movie exec-types try to set the vid release to capitalize on consumers' holiday spending? It makes sense to have the DVD / Blu-ray be made available just when people are out shopping for gifts.

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    That's also a good point. I can see Iger accepting that the "Episode" movie theatrical releases could now be locked into X-Mas time but damn skippy he's gonna try his hardest to get Spin-Off movies available to X-Mas holiday purchasing season. Imagine the double profits! "Buy this Blu Ray of Spin Off #1 and get a free small coke when you buy a ticket for Episode 8!" or something along those lines.

16. 1SWfan

1SWfan Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 5, 2005
    And in New York coke will be a government mandated super duper healthy cola colored water.......

17. pete brock

pete brock Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2016
    it's soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.