main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Intro Scene

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Loupgarou, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Ackbar: "They fell for our trap"

2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    or, "First catch of the day"

Ryus and Iron_lord like this.
  3. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    "Keep reeling them in"

Iron_lord likes this.
  4. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    no it should be more like dark helmet

Ha! Its a trap! Fooled You!

T-R- likes this.
  5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    [​IMG]

"Bad Guys have all the fun!" - Blackadder

Count Yubnub likes this.
  6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    "They have taken the bait"

"They will not escape our net"

There's a lot of interesting fishing metaphors that could be used :D

Maybe Ackbar could be taunted with them, and taunt back using his own metaphors?

Ryus likes this.
  7. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    [​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    talk about pure justice.

T-R- likes this.
  9. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    Yea, but we don't want to make the bad guys complete underdogs, even for just a scene.

How about we start with the falcon being chased by a star destroyer and some TIE Fighters, pulling off some close calls. The pilot (maybe a new generation character along with Lando or Han) remarking in slight panic about how reinforcements were supposed to be here minutes ago or something. Then a voice, Leia's maybe, comes on over the radio saying 'just hang in there, we're making the jump' and right as the the imperials are closing in, a HUGE fleet of new republic cruisers hyperspace into view, leaving the imperials the ones on the run. They're quickly apprehended, the Falcon docks on one of the ships, and we're introduced to the state of the galaxy now.

You know, although i like that, i agree that a villain scene should be first. So ok, a villain scene, and THEN this scene.

10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I would like the villain enforcers, sort of speak, make their appearance and show the audience that the new enemy means business — much like how Vader had done so in his first screen appearance. Show us that times will be tough for the new generation, and that the heroes (if there are any) have to come together and investigate who this new threat is.

Loupgarou likes this.
  11. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    If that's supposed to be a LOST reference I don't get it. Jack was the first character introduced in LOST and he was not neutral, always good, always the hero.

12. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Bad guy, just like the OT

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm guessing that it will open with an action scene involving heroes and villains (obviously) and that two characters will escape the action in a pod or ship or something and travel down to a planet.

14. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    How about a space battle between Imperial Loyalists and Imperial Ultra-Loyalists who think the Loyalists aren't quite loyal enough to be called Loyalists?

15. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Led by Luke. Call them the Lukewarm loyalists.

I think it will open in the middle of the new conflict.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    If JJ has any understanding and appreciation of Star Wars, he'll stick with the tradition and open it with a ship of some kind flying across the screen.

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I can picture a chase scene like the one in ANH, but instead of rebels, it'll be a Republic ship trying to escape with vital information. Maybe this information could be knowledge of who the new enemy is, or maybe something equally important, like some new weapon or technology that could pose a threat to the Republic.

Whatever the case, just make us feel that things are seriously going to get bad. :)

18. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    A pre-adventure would be cool. Like they do in the Indy movies. To introduce us to the new heroes.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

20. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    What if the first scene establishes the heroes of the Republic, either old or new, laying waste to the final remnants of the Imperials? This would be a good way to introduce or reintroduce characters in an action scene while effectively saying to the audience the the threat of the previous films is no more and paving the way for a new one. Or maybe the threats are connected in some way, as in someone who's been secretly funding the Imperial resistance for political gain or to direct attention away from some larger goal.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Several months ago I was bouncing around the idea of the movie opening with the Empire getting attacked by the new enemy and defeated with one or two ships escaping to warn the Rebels but are ignored.
    I wouldn't mind seeing the movie starting with the Peace Treaty between the Rebels and the Empire. The Rebels ending the last remnants of the Empire works as well.

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  22. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    It will open on two guys sitting in an office doing taxes.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    ... on a space cruiser!

BigAl6ft6 and TX-20 like this.
  24. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Since we're potentially talking about the film being set around 40 years after Endor (based on Han, Luke and Leia being in the film), I'd think whatever was left of Imperial resistance to the restored Republic would be long gone. Episode 7 is essentially a new Episode 1. It's the start of a brand new story. In TPM, a tedious trade dispute escalates into an invasion, the consequences of which ultimately result in the Clone Wars. I would expect something not too dissimilar in Episode 7.

My idea is to start with a sequence involving one of our heroes leading a strike team on board a pirate cruiser while outside, Republic forces battle pirate forces. It may or may not have anything to do with the overall plot but the idea is to set up the galaxy as it exists 40 years later. There are no full scale wars and organised crime has been pushed right back to the outer edges of the Outer Rim and what we're seeing is what the Republic security forces and Jedi get up to in a galaxy that is otherwise peaceful. It's a relatively minor skirmish in the grand scheme of things.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  25. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    I think the first scene would be cool if it panned down to a Republic cruiser, then switches to a scene of Luke and an apprentice doing Jedi exercises on the ship. So...good guys introduced first!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.