main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I added Fringe to my Netflix queue along with Mad Men but haven't started them yet.

I've been watching Agents of SHIELD but not sure if I'll keep going with it; a lot depends on how much of a pet Skye becomes.

The only other show I watch consistently is one that I've learned not to mention in this thread. :p

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Doctor Who fans, you may find this amusing. I'm only familiar a couple of docs so this makes me sort of want to go back and watch all the others:

[​IMG]

edit: decided to spoiler tag it cuz there's some Doctor deaths and uhhh... him dying is a spoiler? I guess? Should I spoiler out that statement too?

jSarek and Ulicus like this.
  3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010

Ulicus likes this.
  4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I don't understand this sentence.

krtmd and Gorefiend like this.
  5. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Happy birthday, Zeta. [​IMG]

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Happy birthday. Live long and prosper. [face_party]

Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I need to be in the right mood to watch something set in the barbarous fringes of civilization.

...hence the timing being right to watch a show set in Baltimore.

krtmd likes this.
  8. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Happy Birthday
    [​IMG]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  10. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I was devastated when they cancelled Deadwood, as I longed for a conclusion. Upon a rewatch, though, I found it holds up well despite this. Fantastic show.

Bonus brush with fame. I'm friends with the brother of the actress who played Calamity Jane (hey Jello - they're both DC natives) and his daughter looks just like her. It was a little eerie when she was in preschool with my son. I kept expecting her to be swilling liquor and swearing a blue streak.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So glad its Thanksgiving this week. Time off from college. Only go tuesday and thursday but I was drained after yesterday.

12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Good job, instie and anakinsfan. You must watch all the Mad Mens, for it is the greatest of all possible shows.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Man, the weather here sucks.

Luckily, I'm about to get on a plane to sunny California where it is 71 degrees and marvelous.

jSarek likes this.
  14. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    The roads are covered with ice covered with water here. I could hear my bike saying "nope nope nope" as I tried to ride it, and after looking at my life and my choices I decided to walk.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Jello - The Wire, no question about it.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah but to be fair, you live in the realm of the frost giants. Weather in the US just can't compete.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm in a turtleneck sweater and Uggs and I'm still kind of cold. (Yes, I'm also wearing pants. Shut up.) We had snow flurries earlier.

I'll take it, I prefer colder weather. I hate it when I have to wear short sleeves at Thanksgiving or Christmas. It's just wrong, like wearing a jacket on July 4.

18. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Safe travels Jello. It's a yucky day for flying in DC.

19. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    I don't know, we don't get any hurricanes or that sort of things.
    (And now you reminded me of one comedian's take of Finland's strengths: "For years we have built this IT knowhow, these international connections and the fact that we have guts to do anything, and now that Google builds a data center here, what's their reason for that? We have cold water.")

Well, when the winter comes, the real winter, they will die like so many flies.

20. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Sons of Anarchy

krtmd likes this.
  21. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    Person of Interest. Michael Emerson FTW.

And I still can't think of it as not a spinoff of LOST.

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Red Dwarf

23. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Justified.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It is. Apparently it might snow later. I'm going to miss first snow this season. Sadface.

A_g: you'd think I'd have a smoking jacket, silk PJs, and velvet slippers. But I don't. I should fix that.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

25. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Oh hooray! Another Sons fan.

Trip likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.