main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Characters in Rebels, Who Will Show Up and Who Do You Want to See?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, May 21, 2013.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I like Brain Daley's take on Han's pre-ANH love life: he basically went from girl to girl on the fly. A sort of space Casanova.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That's pretty much how I imagine Han.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    No lie, he calls a girl "toots" in one of those books.

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That offends me. "Chicks" is a much better term.

5. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    It was the 70s, AF. Han was a sleazy ladykiller, and the ladies were wooed by his indifference toward them. ;)

Think Jack Burton in BTILC.

6. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    In the UK we use the term Birds, seems to have a more adult tone if you ask me :p

7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The problem with this is, if that's what he is in Rebels, (always hitting on every woman he sees) and bearing in mind who's top of the Rebels production team... it sets up an encounter that... well, some of the above, AFS83 for certain, wouldn't want to see.

8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    But but he is meant to be saving himself for Bria Tharen the ex druggie woman who set up the Rebellion =((

9. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I've heard bird here too, but mostly in old movies.

And trust me, Valkyrus, I wouldn't want to see that particular hookup either. Let's just theorize that Han's racist and only likes humans. I can live with that.

And Fett4, Bria was basically Han's first real love. After she broke his heart he became the closed-off rogue who never lets himself get close to any women, at least until he meets Leia.

10. Lord Ctessor

Lord Ctessor Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2013
    If Leia was not there he would totally had made the Pike sisters happy. He is still kind of tempted for a while.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    So I heard and ugh, I don't like that story line at all. I just prefer to assume that Han was either always a cynic or that several events transpired to make him that way. Having him become all cynical over one woman just seems...not Han.

12. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    To be fair, it wasn't just one women. They were legit in love. It was probably also Han's first ever relationship (he was only 19). And then she crushed him. Coupled with being drummed out of the Imperial Navy a few years later, and you get Han Solo: Scoundrel Extraordinaire.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd like to see some of Han's early days onscreen as well.

14. DavraCahan

DavraCahan Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 3, 2013

The show is supposedly set after Bria leaves Han, so if she's involved in the show and they don't retcon everything, there wouldn't be any danger of that. ;)

And yes, Muuurgh and Mrrov should also show up. Gotta love those Togorians. :D

15. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I was just thinking that it would be rather interesting to see Gallandro in Rebels; not only does was he and Han adversaries but he feels like something of an anti-Han as well.

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Amedda, Moore, Pestage, Greejatus, Aloo, etc.

mes520 likes this.
  17. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    I'm sure Han & Chewie will make some appearances.
    Wouldn't mind a few episodes that show what Obi-wan and Yoda are up to.
    Kyle Katarn

mes520 likes this.
  18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I know nothing of Han pre-ANH. Though I always pictured him as an orphan/disowned kid that had to fend for himself, was taken advantage of, cheated, etc. and had to learn to fight dirty, lie, cheat, and steal to survive. With Chewie falling in with him and helping him out somewhere along the way, in the same way that Zalbaar fell in with Mission. Actually... Mission's backstory is pretty much how I always just assumed Han's to be (or something similar), only with Han having a far less optimistic view of or care for others.

Odolwa likes this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    You sure you don't know anything, because you basically just made a spot-on description of his backstory from The Han Solo Trilogy. :p Think Oliver Twist, but on a big spaceship.

Revanfan1 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  20. BobaFan101

BobaFan101 Jedi Padawan

Dec 3, 2013
    I've gotta see bossk rivalry with Fett

21. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Assuming they're all done well
    Thrawn
    Piett
    Daala, perhaps
    Boba Fett
    Bossk
    Yoda
    Obi-Wan
    Qui-Gon
    Ventress
    Ahsoka, but only for a few episodes
    Mon Mothma
    Bail Organa
    Wedge Antilles as a child
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    Vader
    Leia
    Ferus Olin (maybe)
    Lando
    Tarkin

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Sate Pestage (assuming he exists in the tv universe). I want to know what color his cloak is and I want to see his relation to Sidious.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree; I liked him as Palpatine's lackey, and the one Mace thought was Sidious, in Labyrinth of Evil. The character has potential.

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Arvel Crynyd as a member of the crew of Ghost.

25. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    Just following over from the Plo Koon discussion....

I actually like the idea of him surviving. I know it sounds kind of crazy, but in the comics I saw Quinlan Vos survive a similar explosion. I can buy Plo surviving this type of explosion more than any other character for one primary reason; He's able to survive in space for a short time. If his body can withstand extreme cold, I think it's plausible he could also survive the extreme heat of an explosion for a short time. The one other factor I'd add into the equation is Commander Wolfe. Besides Rex, I think Wolfe is the clone I'd most like to see shift over to the side of the Rebellion. I could easily envision a story where Commander Wolfe, seeing Plo shot down, pulled him from the wreckage and saved his life. Together Plo and the Wolfe Pack join up with the fledgling Rebellion against the Empire. Given he had a very personal connection with Ahsoka, who we now know survived the Clone Wars era, I would like to see her interact with him in the dark times.

I also think Mace should have survived. Force lightning was unlikely to kill him. We saw Anakin survive a similar fall on Coruscant as a Jedi Padawan. We saw Luke lose an arm and survive his fall on Cloud City. Maul was cut in half and pulled himself into a garbage chute. Mace seemingly lost consciousness, but I have no problem believing he "woke up" and caught a speeder before hitting the ground.

That said, I don't think Plo should survive the dark times. I'm not in the camp that believes all Jedi of the old order but Yoda should be dead by Return of the Jedi. What Yoda told Luke was true from a certain point of view. The fate of the Order rested on Luke's shoulders. Whatever disparate pieces of the Jedi remained in the galaxy could only be pulled back together by Luke (or his sister Leia if we want to get technical here, but she wouldn't have had Obi-Wan or Yoda to train her and most likely would have Luke hunting her down should he succumb to the dark side). So I'm fully in favor of Ahsoka surviving beyond the OT timeline. I also am interested in the idea of ancient Mace Windu being alive in the ST if only to show the 9 (or more) films as one continuous story. It's already going to be tough justifying the continuation of the main storyline without Sidious or Vader (as the 6 films stand now, they really function as one story about the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin Skywalker). I think having a bigger overarching storyline which pulls in the ideas touched on with Mother Talzin and Mortis would make a lot of sense. We need to get a clearer picture of what the chosen one prophecy meant and how that extends beyond Anakin's death. Anyway, I've gotten off track. Point is, I don't see a need for ALL former Jedi to die by the time Luke confronts Vader and the Emperor in RotJ. I think it would be meaningful for Plo to die in a storyline featuring his relationship with Ahsoka and touching on their backstory (something Dave said he was interested in showing).

Speaking of clones...

Rex could keep his armor and modified Phase I helmet, paint it black and orange (color scheme of the Rebels logo), and paint the emblem of the old republic to represent his loyalty to the Jedi and Republic.....just a suggestion. I haven't thought about this a lot or anything......

Barbecue17 likes this.