main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The odyssey of the Kerebuy hawk, part 17 End of the odyssey (story complete)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, May 23, 2013.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    “Jesin Fialka?”

“You know my name?” Jesin turned to the speaker.

“From my father I have heard your name 78 years ago when the Jedi got the permission to take a baby to their home.” the man shook hands with Jesin and Halfir. “I am René Dalara.”

“I am Jesin Fialka and was born 78 years ago.”

Your stories show a circle of life! ;)

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very nice :)

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nyota's Heart Hazel AzureAngel2 thanks all again for reading and your comments.

The next part is here

Part 4

The trees were small and all young and grass and shrubs were growing abundantly. It was the only sign that a devastating fire had raged.

Peter Sloan and Luke Fray – big grin on their faces – were guiding the Kerebuy Hawk down after a flight that had them headed out in space. Peter had taken the controls, had uttered the war-cry of the hospital squadron and was zooming out of the atmosphere when Halfir grumbled that the YT-1300 was a freighter and not an X-wing.

Jesin had switched the controls allowing Luke to do some piloting too and had taken over when Luke steered too close to a buoy and had Ligano control asking what they were doing.

‘Just some boy-things,’ was what Halfir had replied. The ‘boy-things’ had continued all morning. Lunch had been prepared by Halfir in the galley and had been the signal to return with Luke remarking that his wife and son would be coming in the afternoon.
    The return to the park was again an exhilarating experience for Luke and Peter flying over the mountain range and down into a valley when René began to point out where he had found the beginnings of the big fire.

Jesin was the first to unbuckle his crashwebbing. He recognised the place and was out and standing on a hill when the rest joined him.
    “My tent stood here,” Jesin pointed downwards. “The Twi’lek girls Vanda Ghee and Nwir Vrsar hurried to the masters when their tents became flooded by that stream. Regis Ozera’s tent was there and he tried to reach dry ground where the master had her tent.”

“And did Regis go down with the flood?” Luke had his hands going from left to right.

“No, I saved him and was looking like a soaked pittin when the master began to lecture us.” Jesin told more about his group and about Regis Ozera leaving the Jedi. He ended “we were visiting Coruscant Zoo when Regis met a relative and discovered that he was a Karindan noble. He was taken as a baby by a rival and put on the steps of the Jeditemple where he was found. He didn’t go back with us but left immediately. Nwir remarked that Regis wasn’t made of Jedi-stuff. She even had doubts about me.” He continued with a soft voice “she got a Twi’lek master like her friend Vanda. Both teams were sent in the first year of the clone wars to Ryloth. I never saw them again. Ryloth became their grave. I was the only one left of my clan.” He became very silent and made shuffling moves with his feet turning up dust and black particles.

“Memories Jesin,” Halfir patted him soft on his shoulder. “Maybe it is time to go with René and see what is in that box.”

“Uh it is nice out here and that box doesn’t walk away,” Jesin began to smile when he saw a rodent peeking out of a hole. He knelt down to observe the animal amazed by the shyness turning to inquisitive behaviour when he took a tuft of grass.

“Take as much time as you like,” René patted on one pocket of his pants. “I have my comlink and can hike back with Luke and Peter to the point we passed just before we landed the freighter. There is a relay station. I can contact my wife and she will pick us up.”

“And I have to tell my sister that you are not yet done exploring the park and my son about piloting the freighter,” Luke grinned. “He will want to come here.”

“We will be here and on the day of the Sheir-Irel ceremony we will visit you,” Halfir said and hunched down too. “Those rodents are cute.”

“One warning,” Peter laughed. “Don’t let them inside the Hawk!” He hurried away with René and Luke.

tbc

rodent trouble[face_thinking][face_mischief]

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    No rodent trouble yet in this part but[face_mischief]

Part 5

Luke did come back to the place where the Jedi had their outdoor camp in the past and with him was his son Peter. He had told that his father and sister would be waiting for them at the old building of the former hospital squadron. From there it was only a short walk to the beach where the rest of the family was waiting.
    Halfir and Jesin had enjoyed their stay in the wilderness and the latter had offered Luke to pilot the freighter.

- - -

The sun was colouring the sky orange when Luke was guiding the Kerebuy Hawk towards the beach where a path led to his home and that of the Dalara family. In the seat behind him was his twelve year old son Peter.

Jesin had been quite busy explaining all to the boy and – more important – to keep Messy from interfering too much.

“Buzzed my home, Dalara’s place and now the hospital squadron mess-hall,” Luke grinned when he had the freighter clearing the trees, going over a red-tiled roof and dropping down to the grassy lawn before that building.

“Keep her in one piece,” Halfir grumbled when he heard with his sensitive ears a landing skid making noises.

“She is down and dad did it,” Peter was straining against the crashwebbing to see what his father was doing.

“Your buzzing the roof has him coming,” Halfir pointed to the opening door of the large building where a faded crest was visible.

“That’s Peter Sloan and with him is René,” Jesin opened his crashwebbing and stood up.

Luke helped his son and followed with him Halfir and Jesin.

- - -
    “Jesin was that you?” René gave a mischievous smile towards Peter.

“No, blame Luke,” Jesin replied and halted before the open door when Luke and his son were entering. His attention was drawn to the crest hanging above the door of the building “two Kerebuy hawks?”

Halfir halted as well and looked up.

“That’s the crest of Hospital squadron and yes commander Mick Kerebuy had two Kerebuy hawks forming the letter H,” Peter smiled. “Two Kerebuy’s started the squadron and are now on Moniron with Alan Guyet and his family. I am getting regular messages from them in the form of educational plays for children. All has to be hush hush you know.”

“No one in the galaxy knows about Moniron and Lingala anymore after all those years,” René added. “That way we are safe from the Sith. I have your box inside the mess-hall.”

Jesin followed René and Peter inside and saw another crest in the mess-hall where Luke was with his wife and son. Steph was there with his daughter Lina. Greetings were exchanged.

“The box is there,” René indicated a table.

Jesin sat down and opened the box. He saw books and toys. There was one book that intrigued him. ‘History of the Dunai elder’ was written in bold lettering on the cover. That was put aside when another caught his attention. ‘Colonies of Moniron’ was opened. He began to leaf through the book after seeing the first page with contents. “Yes Halfir look what I have got.”

“A travel map,” Halfir began to smile and indicated the stars and their planets. “The first jump is to the outer regions of the New Holstice system. The next jump is to Ossus to be followed by one up the elliptic to the Bor Rhimmol system situated in one of the small globular star-clusters.”

“I can see now why Bor Rhimmol became the first colony of Moniron,” Peter remarked. “Mick Kerebuy was born there before moving with his parents to New Holstice.”

“And Moniron is there further up,” Halfir pointed to an obscure little star-cluster.

“Hey from Lingala we can take a short cut,” Jesin indicated Lingala and Moniron and what was between the two systems.

“Really short,” René asked.

“Yes,” Jesin had figured out the table next to the map “first up in ten hours to nowhere…”

“Nowhere,” René began to laugh “I like that name.”

“Nowhere is just some simple coordinates in empty space and from there it’s ten hours to the Moniron nebula,” Halfir began to smile. The final jump can be programmed after navigating manually through the nebula and see…” He turned the page and pointed at the detailed map of the Moniron system “you are here for the short in-system jump.”

“I will bring the box inside the Hawk,” Jesin placed the books very carefully back and was busy with a miniature fire-engine when he saw René looking.

“I have played with those toys when I was visiting your parents,” René said with a smiling voice.

“You want to have them,” Jesin had the two toys in his hands.

“Uh,” René began to stutter “we are planning to have kids. I …”

“They are yours,” Jesin gave the toys.

“Thank you,” René headed to another table where a basket was and returned with his hands filled with two packages – wrapped in protective coverings – and rocks. He uncovered one package. “I have these shells and rocks for you.”

Jesin took the shells and admired their beauty before wrapping them again in the soft material. A rock was in his hands. “Hey there is something about these rocks.”

“We call them Force-rocks,” René explained. “They are found everywhere on the beaches.”

Jesin placed the two packages and rocks in the box and closed it. He saw Luke going to the door carrying a big bag. “It is time to follow Steph and his family.”

“Time to meet the Sheir-Irel and Lingalans,” René stated. “You don’t need scuba-gear but get your wetsuits. My wife Glenda will be at the beach.”

tbc

Hazel
    Nyota's Heart
    AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Time to meet the Sheir-Irel and Lingalans,”

*sets her clock to that!... ;)

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Two posts for the price of one :p

Very nice!

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They are here and there is some fun too

Part 6

Jesin had secured the box in his cabin after putting the coordinates for the jumps in the navcomp. He was donning his wetsuit that had been a gift on Pangona when a soft grunt was heard. He hurried with the sleeves flapping wildly at his buttocks to the main room and doubled over with laughter when he saw Halfir still in his swimming trunks and shaking the wetsuit.

Straws were flying everywhere.

“It isn’t funny Jesin. Look, stuff inside.” Halfir upended his wetsuit and out came more straw and more debris and… a rodent. The animal scurried away as fast as it could towards the open ramp and was followed by more who appeared from nooks and crannies everywhere in the main cabin. “They made a nest in my suit. I am sure I was careful closing the ramp every time we left and you?”

“I too,” Jesin nodded. “But I gave Messy orders to clean the Hawk when we were hiking in the park.”

“Messy, come here and start your rodent removal routine,” Halfir headed to the cockpit and returned with the astromech.

“All rodents and their stuff,” Jesin was cleaning the wetsuit. More straw and stuff began to litter the floor.

“Give it to me,” Halfir took the wetsuit and started to don it. “The sea will take care of the remaining rodent debris.”

“Or the Lingalans,” Jesin grinned mischievous. “You know what Peter said. Take a young one and you are in for a wild ride.”

Jesin and Halfir were the last to arrive at the beach. The sun was colouring the waves golden. Small fountains of exhaled air and water could be seen and they were coming nearer.

“Come, let’s join our friends,” Steph was the first to wade through the surf when he spotted a blue black shape nearing the beach.

René was next.

Halfir ran towards the surf. “It’s like Noranan beach and Lingalans… I bet they are like the Falgans from Moniron, in for some mischief when you ask them for a ride.”

Jesin smiled when he entered the water. Waves lapped gently at his legs covering them with foam before dragging the white fluff back out with them. The water was warm and soothing and seeped into his suit. Finally the water was deep enough to support him and he started to swim towards one of the Lingalans.

The sentient animal had a pointed and streamlined body with two pair of flippers and a large tail. A huge fin adorned its back and two small beady eyes were set in a fishlike head. When it opened its mouth rows of blunt teeth could be seen and the animal gave a soft snorting sound. “You want to play,” Jesin touched the snout and felt the sentient responding with mindtalk.

‘I do Jesin Fialka of Lingala and will let you see your parents. I am La’anor. Come and grab my dorsal fin. I will guide you to our ancestors. They are out there and will give comfort to Steph Fray and his family.’

“La’anor, you know all about me after one touch,” Jesin was amazed when he grabbed the fin.

‘I sensed you coming and my father directed me to you. Your father swam often with my father. Come.’

“Yes La’anor,” Jesin held on to the fin and felt the water gliding past his suit. Head held high he saw the others headed out to a place where the setting sun was shining on luminous shapes.

“Sheir-Irel,” Steph – coming nearer to Jesin – shouted. “And … yes Kelly!”

Jesin saw the beauty of the Sheir-Irel. They were humanoid in appearance but totally radiant. His Lingalan was guiding him to a pair of Sheir-Irel. He had to grip the fin in a firm grip when he saw. “Mom, dad?”

‘Jesin!’

Jesin started to tell his father and mother about his life as a Jedi and was of course interrupted by his parents.

‘We could see you always but don’t interfere. You have to lead your life. You have done well my son and have more adventures ahead of you. Know that we will visit you too on Moniron. We will come with the Sheir-Irel to the planet where our ancestors settled after our home-planet Dunai was destroyed by the sun going nova. Read my beloved books Jesin. And I am filled with joy. You gave away my toys. René will give them to his son. He will know very soon.’

‘Today,’ Jesin’s Lingalan communicated. ‘My brother is with René and my sister with Glenda. My sister told her that she is expecting.’

Jesin stayed for some more time with his parents until he saw Halfir headed back to the beach. “I will see you on Moniron.”

Sheir-Irel and parents smiled when the Lingalan with Jesin holding on spurted away.

- - -

“La’anor thank you for all,” Jesin saw the Lingalan swimming away after a last touch. He waded ashore and saw the smiling faces of Steph and his family and René and Glenda.

René was very protective and had one hand on the shoulder of his wife and the other around her waist.

“Congrats René and Glenda,” Jesin smiled. “Yes you were guided by La’anor’s brother and sister and he told me.”

“Nothing can be kept secret here with the Lingalans,” René laughed. “My guide told me that you are leaving tomorrow.”

“We are,” Jesin saw Halfir nodding.

“You can sleep in the old headquarters of hospital squadron,” Peter said. “We have guestrooms with nice beds and freshers to get rid of the sand and whatever is in your wetsuit. Follow me.”

- - -

“Chief Ka’laor – my Lingalan ride – told me about Jasin Ghenesin visiting Lingala,” Halfir was headed with Jesin to the building. “Ghenesin was saved during a swim by a Lingalan and told to go visit the Falgans. After that visit he began his teachings about the eternity and the light. He returned a few more times to Lingala and taught the Lingalans the same. His last visit was thirty thousand and fifty three years ago.”

“Lingalans have a very good memory because they have no written history,” Peter opened the door and headed towards the mess-hall. “That corridor leads to the former class-rooms and you can take any room you like. There are nightshirts on the beds.”

“Thank you Peter,” Jesin felt now slightly icky because his wetsuit was starting to dry.

“See you tomorrow,” Peter left with a mischievous smile.

- - -

Tired but very satisfied, that was Jesin when he slipped between the clean sheets of the very comfortable bed. He had washed his wetsuit and had put it with his swimming trunks to dry on the white tiled floor near his bed. He had donned the nightshirt. They were the usual hospital garments with closure at the back. He was turning on his side when Halfir came out of the fresher and tossed the wetsuit and swimming trunks next to Jesin’s.

“It’s clean but you should have seen what was inside,” Halfir grumbled when he donned his nightshirt. “Straw, more rodent poodoo and added to that the sand and seaweed I picked up during my ride. It was getting really icky.”

“Your bed is nice and beware of Sloan tomorrow,” Jesin snuggled between the sheets.

“Why?”

“He is a pilot and a doctor.”

tbc[face_mischief]

AzureAngel2
    Hazel
    Nyota's Heart

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Icky stuff in the swimtrunks. :p Do you know how utterly marvelous the scene with riding the Lingalans was? [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Totally absolutely on my coolest things to do ever list :) !!! Yay for Rene and Glenda's news :D [:D]

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “It’s clean but you should have seen what was inside,” Halfir grumbled when he donned his nightshirt. “Straw, more rodent poodoo and added to that the sand and seaweed I picked up during my ride. It was getting really icky.”

“Your bed is nice and beware of Sloan tomorrow,” Jesin snuggled between the sheets.

“Why?”

“He is a pilot and a doctor.”

Your "flying doctors" seem to be a mischievous bunch in the SW universe! ;)

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Loved the Lingalans :)

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They will stay on Lingala but Halfir and Jesin are leaving after this bit of fun.
    They sure are as you can see
    They are here again in the last part of Memories on Lingala

Part 7

Pwieeet prrttttt

Halfir opened one sleepy eye and closed it again. ‘It’s still early.’ He had seen that the sun was rising outside and colouring the room in a soft pink glow. He mumbled “Messy shhh.”

Proot pwiiiit, Messy trundled towards the second bed.

That had Halfir opening both eyes. He had heard no squishing sounds of threads on the synthrubber of the wetsuits. He sat up and saw.
    The wetsuits and swimming trunks were gone. Visible were only the white tiles.

“Jesin psst.”

“It’s eawly,” Jesin mumbled still asleep.

“Jesin, did you move our wetsuits?”

“Wawswits,” Jesin turned on his other side.

“Messy, wake Jesin.”

PWIIIIIT Messy tootled with an increased volume and grabbed the sheets with a grappler and towed them away. ‘Beep pi beep pi’ A photoreceptor began to flash blue.

“Halfir,” Jesin bolted upright. “Is this your idea of a Sloan prank?”

“Sloan must have taken away our wetsuits,” Halfir began to laugh. “And you know what Guyet and Spanish told us about stuffed suits.”

“Yes, Messy is telling me that there is a patient somewhere,” Jesin swung – doubled over with laughter – his legs over the side. “Come, let’s spring the trap.”

“We aren’t dressed properly,” Halfir laughed when he saw Jesin donning a pair of slippers.

“Not my problem,” Jesin spurted away.

Halfir followed Jesin and spurted up the ramp of the Kerebuy Hawk where he saw Peter Sloan kneeling down on the floor of the main cabin between two dark figures and Jesin asking “two patients are too much for you?”

“Stuffed wetsuits,” Halfir knelt down and grabbed an arm with a blue glove attached. “See!”

“But this patient has a pulse,” Jesin grabbed another arm and squeezed it with funny results.

The blown up blue glove detached from the sleeve of the wetsuit, a suture unravelled and the glove landed on Sloan’s head.

“I plan a surprise and should have known,” Peter Sloan rolled on his back roaring with laughter. “You have met the friends of Jason Guyet. Nice!”

“Hey new ideas for scrub room fun,” Jesin squeezed more sleeves and opened the zipper of one wetsuit to reveal more blown up blue gloves and sponges. Some gloves were filled with water. The second wetsuit remained closed when the zipper failed to open.

Halfir was grinning with mischievous delight when he upended the water filled glove on Jesin’s and Peter’s head.

Jesin retaliated with more gloves and wetted some sponges in the large rectangular bin that was filled with water-bottles and food-rations.

And those gloves were bouncing around when René and Steph came out of the cargo compartment where they had been watching all the mayhem.

“He ruined your present,” René ruffled Sloan’s now wet hair.

“Nah only one wetsuit and the right one,” Peter bowed down. “The uniforms to cover their dignity are still there. They will like the cargo pants.” He took out of the opened wetsuit two packages and threw them to Jesin and Halfir. “Get dressed. There are girls here.”

“Girls?” Halfir began.

“Girls and boys,” Peter opened the second cargo compartment and out came Lina and her family, Luke and his wife and son and Glenda. And they were carrying baskets with breakfast.

“Cargo pants,” Jesin began to smile when he donned the pants. “Now I can carry all my stuff with me.”

“My wife found them years ago for me in a shop,” Peter explained. “I wore them the next day when I got to the hospital and could stuff all my things inside. A nurse commenting on my new attire had me replying that I liked the cargo pants. Next week more doctors and nurses were wearing them.”

“I saw them and introduced them to the fire department,” René grinned. “The park rangers were next.”

“And don’t forget to empty all those pockets before you put those pants in the laundry,” Luke pointed at his bulging pockets of his green ranger uniform.

- - -

“We are going home,” Halfir smiled when Jesin – like him clad in the new fluorescent lime and green rescue workers uniform with the utility belt sporting many useful items and the pants sporting many pockets – activated the repulsorlifts. Breakfast had been followed by lunch in the mess hall and a party to say goodbye.

Remains of that party and what preceded it – the glove and sponge fight – were still visible. Two wetsuits, gloves and sponges were on the floor of the main cabin near the engineering station. The rectangular bin was filled with more water-bottles and goodies to take to friends on Moniron.

Jesin waved when he saw his new friends standing on the meadow. He knew how to contact them using obscure soap shows and programs for children or the medical journals. He took the freighter up and swooped low over the ocean where the Lingalans were swimming. One leapt high in the air followed by another one.

‘Have a safe journey.’

“Thank you La’anor,” Jesin replied loudly.

“Chief Ka’laor had his well wishes too,” Halfir turned serious. “Beware of the nebula was what he said when I left him yesterday.”

“Messy will help,” Jesin guided the freighter up in the atmosphere. “And I hope that the Kerebuy Hawk will keep us safe.”

FIN
    [face_worried]
    To be followed by the one part story
    End of the odyssey

and the sequel "Kerebuy Hawk down"

Hazel
    Nyota's Heart
    AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    How fun!!! I really enjoyed that. =D=

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hello Messy :D

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A thrilling one part to end this story. Will Messy keep them safe?[face_worried]

End of the odyssey

PIII PIIII PIIII PIIII
    PWiiiieeep

“Krif,” Jesin saw more and more lights on his boards lighting up with an angry red color.”Skocha kung.”

“Yeah, I agree that he was some burnout scum but I had to get a freighter to start my business and she was cheap,” Halfir was grabbing the controls of the Kerebuy Hawk. He had been the one to begin with Huttese curses when the passage through the nebula gave trouble. “The hyperdrive quit after we completed the last in-system jump. Be glad that the jump to ‘nowhere’ had us with a working hyperdrive.”

“Those parts I found in the Indefatigable were useful in enhancing her speed even more after the modifications I did on Tatooine and keeping her working until the kriffing nebula wrecked our shields.”

“Shields supplied by that koochoo sleemo when I bought the Hawk,” Halfir grumbled. “Your knowledge saved the nav-boards this time.”

“I managed to patch cables from redundant boards to the necessary one,” Jesin said. “The hatch is open for easy access.”

“I hope you won’t,” Halfir began when the coms lighted up again. He had heard Jesin explaining to the friendly airport controller that they were Dunai elder on their way home when the first contact was made with Noranan. “Jesin hit that red button and ask your new friend to help us.”

Jesin toggled the indicated switch on his board. “Kerebuy Hawk declaring an emergency.”

Noranan airport control responding. State your emergency Kerebuy Hawk.’

“Our deflector shields are destroyed after passing the nebula,” Jesin stated with a clipped voice. “The hyperdrive is wrecked. I suspect a leak or rupture in one of the fuel slug tanks because I have three green and one red signal on my board. Sublight engines are damaged too and our repulsorlifts are sluggish. We have to land before more systems fail.”

I am giving you emergency clearance and will help you. I am Felix Metfor. Keep your com open and stay with me. Rescue is standing by.’

“Putting all coms on open frequency Felix Metfor,” Jesin had his hands flying over the com-board and towards the coms attached to their uniform jackets. He was very glad that he had donned the uniform. He knew now the name behind the calm and pleasant voice of the airport controller. It had him at ease. He had trusted the man immediately when the first contact was made.

Halfir became very silent, concentrating on the flight-path leading through the atmosphere. He saw a large mountain range with lakes and wooded slopes that he recognized from very long ago making place for a sprawling city with a space- and airport. Some parts were familiar but most not. The city had expanded since he left Moniron.

Looking good Kerebuy Hawk. You can do it. Stay on this path. You can land on the large field near the hangars. It is our big landing patch near the emergency station. I have alerted them and hope you don’t need their services.’

“We have more red lights,” Jesin muttered. He toggled more switches, powering down non essential parts and re-routing power to the repulsorlifts. “Clear that valve Messy.”

BEEP PIII PIII BEEP PIII PIII

“Engine reaching critical temperature,” Jesin shouted. “Halfir land her now. Emergency generator is failing to come on line. Uh coming on line now! Light orange.”

“I am doing, uh trying,” Halfir was hanging on to the controls that were shaking violently. “Messy fire-suppression. Save the emergency generator.”

Pwiiiet. Messy retracted his security bolt in the cockpit and activated his tracks. An opening in his dome revealed a nozzle and he hurried aft to the corridor with another hatch in his belly opening to reveal a tube.

“Engineering station and power conduit controls showing trouble,” Jesin sighed when more red lights began to blink and unbuckled his crashwebbing. A red light on the console for the power conduit indicated the trouble coming from the second unit. He reached for an evac-hood, unclipped heavy duty gloves from the utility belt, donned them and followed the astromech to the corridor leading to the main cabin.

Messy had opened a hatch in the bulkhead with his grappler and was spewing foam into the opening of the compartment of the emergency generator. A tube coming from his belly was now connected to a foam-line in the wall.
    Jesin grabbed a fire-extinguisher, activated it and added the powder to the foam.

BEEP PIII PIII BEEP PIII PIII

“Keep that foam going Messy. I will head to the main cabin.” Jesin hurried and grabbed another fire-extinguisher from a rack. He was now glad that he had raided the Indefatigable for those old units and foam-lines suitable for astromech access. Fire- and evacuation drills during the clone wars were now coming in good use. He could operate the fire-extinguisher blindly in the increasing darkness of the cabin and he could open the hatch of the second power control conduit.

“I cannot hold her much longer,” Halfir grumbled. “No sand dunes to surf down.”

Jesin heard the anguished cry from his mentor when he was using the next fire-extinguisher at the opened hatch.

- - -

“Kerebuy Hawk going down,” Halfir shouted. “I will take her on a glide path to minimize impact. Landing skids orange light … correction … one red … one green… Jesin…”

Help is coming … Hold on…

Halfir saw the tarmac coming near and being on a glide path with repulsorlifts failing he couldn’t avoid a suddenly appearing truck rounding the corner near a hangar and coming head on towards the side of the right forward mandible and cockpit. Being dark colored and with no identifying marks it appeared in a flash in his vision.

“Echuta,” Halfir uttered in Huttese and sensed no one in the truck. “Englara Darrin.” He was in his crashwebbing and felt the straining bonds keeping him in his chair. He saw the truck colliding against the right side of the mandible and bouncing back towards the building when the freighter skidded sideways. The right landing skid buckled. The cockpit met the tarmac. Struts buckled. Cracks appeared in the transparisteel.

Halfir gave a cry when a strut and more metal trapped his legs in a vice and parts of the cabin of the truck entered the cockpit and pinned him to his chair. A rust colored flash was followed by darkness and he lost consciousness when the pain became too severe.

- - -

Jesin felt the impact of the landing. He tried to brace using the Force but flew in the corner of the engineering station, landing among the wetsuits and becoming trapped between the chair and the board.
    The chair buckled and fell on Jesin’s right leg, trapping it. The rectangular bin that was jarred loose collided with the chair and twisted it even more. Bones were breaking.
    “Aaah,” Jesin gave an anguished cry and lost consciousness.

FIN

To be continued in ‘Kerebuy Hawk down’

Nyota's Heart
    Hazel
    AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, that was riveting indeed. A true [face_nail_biting] =D=

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Only you would finish a story with a cliffhanger like that.
    Good job!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Aaah,” Jesin gave an anguished cry and lost consciousness.

“Aaah,” Azure gave an anguished cry and lost consciousness after reading your last updates and having to face this cliffhanger.