main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Millennium Falcon in E7

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That absolutely does not count!

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    What a piece of junk!

Somebody had to say it.

3. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012

I agree. But someone once told me that GL confirmed that it was the Falcon so hard to argue. BUT IMO I think if a ship isn't introduced as a character, and the MF, is a character then it's just another ship -- in this case another YT-1000 freighter.​

4. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
  5. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    No kidding.

You don't even hear the roar of its engines.

It doesn't count.

Echo-07, Force Smuggler and Ganger like this.
  6. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    It was there for 3 seconds in the background. It doesn't count. Period.

This!

Echo-07 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Han would never allow it.

9. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I would love to see the Falcon back with some up grades:
    Picture the Falcon being attached by eight upgraded Tie-Fighters. Lando looks at hand and states:
    "I'll keep it flying, you and Luke get on the guns and take out those fighter."
    Han: "Right"
    Luke: "Well at least I've done this before!"
    Han: with a slightly evil grin " Yeah you keep thinking that, don't kill yourself kid!"
    Luke: "what?"
    Then seating in the fighter return for their second attack Luke squeezes the trigger an instead of lasers four energy beams shoot out and unite to become one incredible energy beam (Ala the Death Star) that Luke can hardly control. At first its just shoots everywhere and happens top slice one of the Tie Fighters in half.
    Luke "Whoa!"
    Han: "Like I told ya, don't kill yourself. Oh, when you're overwhelmed try the blue button on the side."
    A third wave come out of the darkness, three tie fighter stream towards Luke
    Luke: " OK. Hear goes!" And presses the Blue button. Immediately, an electric wave shoots out of and over head compartment which makes the three tie fighters disintergrate simultaneously.
    Luke: "Anything other improvement I should know about?"
    Han: "Yeah, but I'll tell you later?"

10. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    How do we know for sure that it's really the Millenium Falcon? It could be The Corellia Star, and the movie might focus on the continuing adventures of Rookie One and Ru Murleen.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Production with actors maybe, I get the impression various effects shots have been filmed/set up for some time.

12. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    This is likely nonsense as far as the actual given rumor, but nonetheless, that is one of the things I am looking forward to the most- it will be a rush to see the Falcon in action again; I am quite sure it will happen.

All of Harrison's "no comment" responses are more telling than anything. If he were NOT going to be in it, he would have no reason to stay quiet on the subject; he would just say, "yeah, they asked me, and I said 'thanks, but no thanks,' I didn't want to be in that movie because of _____."

13. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    In addition, there is BIG money to be made here because Lucasfilm is now owned by Disney - very different scenario compared to Lucas' independent filmaking days. Harrison would not walk away from that. Disney also now owns Indiana Jones - so I am sure that plays a part in Ford's decision as well.

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  14. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, the money part is a debate that no one can really answer definitively except Harrison himself. How much does money matter in your decisions when you already have millions put away? How much does it matter personally to Harrison?

I tend to fall on the side of those saying that he is not so much the type of person to be motivated by money at this point in his career, with certain financial security already long in place. I know some people always go after money no matter how much they have, but my guess is that Harrison is NOT that kind of person. Who really knows though? None of us, in truth.

However, your second point is a good one. I think his interests are going to remain in terms of artistic integrity, freedom, and RELEVANCE. Being Han Solo and Indiana Jones again puts him at the apex of both stardom and the actual art of movie making once again, and will keep him there for a good while. I think the opportunity for that is what would be the most motivating for a guy like Harrison.

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Last I heard, Michael Bay isn't directing this movie. [face_relieved]

16. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Amen to that

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

Echo-07 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Abrams did wreck the Enterprise in epic style during the last Star Trek movie, he's not exactly unwilling to do big explosions.

18. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    True, but he at least gets some good performances out of his cast in between explosions. :)

The Hellhammer likes this.
  19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    That's because he can direct actors, Bay can only direct CGI beings and props :p

Although to be fair I did like Pain & Gain.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  20. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I didn't see Pain & Gain.

21. Fly Guy

Fly Guy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2013
    Maybe they'll remake the Falcon like the Tantive IV in ROTS. :p

22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    You see, the entire problem with the PT is you really couldn't have the Millennium Falcon in a starring role...bummer.

23. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    but it did show in the PT:

Immortiss likes this.
  24. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    It will quite possibly be used throughout the ST, therefore a "bigger" more detailed set (and probably a more permanent one) is being constructed.
    For all we know, it might see some use in a spinoff or a series, along with the ST.

Echo-07 likes this.
  25. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    See, just a cameo. That's not going to do it.

That's what I thought. This things a permanent fixture, at least for the next 10 years. It's the most iconic ship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.