main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Star Wars Geeks, what were you before you were a Star Wars Geek?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DoubleGold, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laserbrain

laserbrain Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2013
  2. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    There really wasn't much of an EU back then. Other than Splinter of the Mind's Eye, the Ewok movies, the odd cartoon here and there, and some source books for RPGs there wasn't much until Zahn's novels and even then there was very little until the late 90s,

3. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Although I grew up with a love for Star Wars, I was never really a Star Wars geek until after TPM came out and especially once I could watch it obsessively on DVD. Before that I was a teenager who partied way too much from an early age, but the advent of DVD led to an obsession with movies and Star Wars in particular which completely changed my focus and facilitated a major intellectual growth spurt.

Pensivia likes this.
  4. Merkual

Merkual Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2013
    I am/never was a geek [face_not_talking]

I find this politically incorrect thread offensive to the nerds out there

nerds need representation!! :p

5. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
  6. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I don' t know remember. I think I was 5 years old.

7. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I was a meat popsicle.

[​IMG]

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  8. James Skyrunner

James Skyrunner Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 5, 2013
    I also was and am a trekkie though I kind of enjoyed jjs reboot ...since all of the actors are so old I was glad to see him use lenord nimoy and incorporate that and still use all the characters I grew up loving with new actors I hope jj does as good as a job with episode 7

James Skyrunner

9. James Skyrunner

James Skyrunner Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 5, 2013
    I'm a proud geek and a nerd I love both terms and where the badges proudly :)

James Skyrunner

10. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I have so few memories which pre-date by birth as a SW geek that I can't really comment!

11. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I was born in '74, and as you tell by my avatar, I really didn't really know a world without Star Wars in it.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Always been on the Star Wars train. But before I started reading EU material I was a video game junkie and read only science books.

13. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Voltron (lions) and Transformers G1.

14. katesaber

katesaber Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2013
    Been reading EU material since I started reading. Read all of the YJK and Junior Jedi Knight, Crystal Star, a couple X-Wing novels, NJO and beyond. Never not been a Star Wars Geek, but I was also a Stargate SG-1 fan, owned the typical electronic kit that could be turned into 100 + different things and played with bows and arrows, whips, slingshots, air guns, and knives. Oh, and I also loved to play pretty much any sport. And I loved any kind of music besides country and rap so I got interested in playing the piano, drums, and trombone at a young age. I've been every sort of nerd and geek, and I've loved them all.

15. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I guess you could call me a car fanatic and I wasn't an avid Star Wars fan, apart from playing a few of the games as a kid and reading Shadows of the Empire. After a near death experience in a car, whilst holed up in hospital, I downloaded the 1st Legacy of the Force book after it came up as a recommendation on the Kindle my parents brought me to pass time. Since then, I've gone through nearly 30 EU books and can't get enough of Star Wars. Currently finishing off the Bane trilogy and then moving onto: Kenobi.

16. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    I was born in '77. SW is in my DNA. My life has never been without SW.

To be absolutely specific, I was likely conceived in May '77- [Peter Griffin] OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG [/Peter Griffin]

17. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    ...by the midichlorians?

:p

J_Girl and Mr. K like this.
  18. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    I was 6 before I became a Star Wars geek.

First I saw and made my parents buy several of the cool Star Wars Micro Machines that were out (originally thinking the rebels were the bad guys)

Then Watched A New Hope and Return of the Jedi (many things therefore confused me), followed some weeks later by The Empire Strikes Back.

Im not sure whether it was Glove of Darth Vader or the Galaxy of Fear series that I discovered at the book store later that summer, but those two series got me into the EU. By the time I was 9 I had already read all the then-available children's books, and several of the adult EU novels. (Truce at Bakura being the first adult novel I read on my own....I was very proud at the time)

So....yeah.....

19. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    What was I before I became a SW geek?

A cluster of undifferentiated cells known as a fetus

Mr. K likes this.
  20. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    A fetus already has differentiated cells (skin, organs, etc); what you are referring to is an embryo. But you can always go even further and say you were a gamete ;)

What was I before I became a SW geek? I don't even remember what happened yesterday...[face_dunno]

Admiral Volshe, Mr. K, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  21. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013

Maybe you were a biology geek? :p

Welcome to the boards gizkaspice!

22. Darth Binky

Darth Binky Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 24, 1999
    I was born about six months after ANH came out. I didn't stand a chance. I still remember, as a young child around the time TESB came out, drawing pictures of X's fighting against big triangles in space.

23. DoubleGold

DoubleGold Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    The next question I have for you all is who got you into Star Wars? Or did you do that yourself?
    When I was in primary school my babysitter owned the original trilogy of Star Wars and she got me into it. She now owns all 6 movies and Lord of the Rings.

24. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    So that's what those voices are. Thank God!

J_Girl, Sarge and Ananta Chetan like this.
  25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Before Star Wars it was Speed racer, Jason of Star Command, Johnny Quest, Land of the Lost, Kimba The White Lion. I was 6 when Star Wars came out in 1977.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.