main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion How much will the main cast get paid?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by dolphin, Nov 5, 2013.

1. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Do you think Hamill will ever have to work again? Will Abrams and Ford get higher salaries (or profit points) because of their stardom? If they cast newcomers, will they get shafted? I have no insights into how Kennedy developed contracts during her Spielberg productions.

Do you think the big 3 will get low single digit millions per movie? % of back-end?

Carrie Fisher was wealthy before Star Wars. Harrison Ford probably has swimming pools full of Benjamins. I want Hamill to be set for life though...he deserves it. I can imagine no better Luke Skywalker.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Hmm, I'm pretty sure that between the Star Wars work he's done and his other work since then, Mark is doing just fine himself; maybe not like Harrison, but I'm sure he's already set for life if he were to want to retire. Having said that, I want to see them all in it... I just don't think any of them need to do it for the money.

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Movie stars like them are already set for life. They probably just do this mostly because they want to.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    They'll all be on librarians' salaries. Disney got socialized or something.

Immortiss likes this.
  5. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Luke'll have to sell his speeder to buy plane tickets to Hollywood.

6. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Id take a smaller salary and follow GLs lead and take a percentage of the merchandise lol

Carbon1985 likes this.
  7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It's funny...Hamill wanted to avoid the typecast roles and anything to do with Star Wars, but now he does nothing but Star Wars promoted conventions. I'm sure he's well off, but I'm not sure he's that well off. At least not like Ford is. I can see him and Fisher taking whatever deal they're offered, but demanding more money in residuals this time around.

8. Darth Binky

Darth Binky Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 24, 1999
    He does quite a bit of voice-over work too. He's pretty much the definitive Joker in the various Batman-related video games/cartoons.

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    My point was, he wanted to be considered a serious actor, and wanted serious roles in serious movies to prove that he was. Hollywood turned their back on him when they saw that he wasn't the kind of talent that would bring in a lot of money — which is pretty much what happened with Hayden.

10. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I am sure Harrison could demand more money if he wanted to.

I am sure the Big 3 will make in the millions, and any other well known actors will get a lot of money.

I agree they are probably all set in terms of a retirement, but Hamill and Fisher not the same kind of retirement as Harrison; this would enable them a different lifestyle in all likelihood.

I don't know much about them personally (Fisher and Hamill I mean); it certainly is possible that they have blown the money they earned. They earned enough to have a good life (by the normal-person scale) in what they have done, but that is only true if they invested it wisely and didn't blow it on frivolous ventures. A lot of money can be spent in a short amount of time, lots of ex-stars that are broke.

Hamill doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would blow all of his money on booze and hookers, but who know?

11. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    Last I heard, he blew all his money on power converters.

12. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Don't expect newcomers to get paid millions.

13. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    The Skywalker Curse! The next leading actor had better be sure about this ;)

- Are you sure about this?
    - I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

/LM

14. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Mark Hamill can go to any major sci-fi convention like Dragon Con and make about a half million dollars in a single weekend signing his name. So I think he's doing OK financially.

15. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    How much will they get paid? More than I make. Ha.

16. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    More wealth than you can imagine.

EHT and Ananta Chetan like this.
  17. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit

EHT likes this.
  18. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    You'll get it.

EHT likes this.
  19. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    You needn't worry about their reward.

EHT likes this.
  20. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    You can be sure that Hamill, Ford and Fisher are getting a hefty pay check out of this, and a probably a cut of profits in box office and merchandise too.

They may be doing the movie because they want too, but it would be naive to believe they didn't take advantage of the situation and negotiate for the best possible price.

They have already been named in the thread but I don't know if it violates the rule to name the rest specifically but I'm guessing the "others" were always able to get a great deal but I'd imagine no where near the top 3.

The older actor I would imagine got the big bucks too - maybe somewhere in between.

As to the newcomers, I think the paycheck - no matter how good - will be insignificant next to the exposure they are getting. Every producer and studio will want them in a movie as as possible to generate interest in their own projects.

21. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I wish I could see an actor's paycheck just to see how it looks. Does it have a studio logo on it? Does it look like any regular paycheck? I've heard some get the big money upfront, some get it in installments.

22. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    it is just brown envelope ;)

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  24. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Why does that Cranston guy turn up in everything?

:)

25. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    A lot more than your average Joe.