main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I don't the code for a crying sobbing face (on my phone) but that's my face right now.

2. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    "I prefer to think of it as not winning at the moment"
    --Obi-Wan Kenobi

Take heart, Ash!! Defeat is in the mind!

serendipityaey likes this.
  3. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Aww, thanks [face_love] A word from Obi always helps *hugs*

I have to say, I'm really not a sore loser, after all Obi is my hero and I take his teachings to heart, but it's such a short season in college football, the system is difficult and convoluted, and the kids are so passionate and under so much pressure.

But a couple of them said some things taken out of context sounded quite arrogant, and it looked like they had given up with in the first few minutes, and that's not the team I love. Disappointed in that, not the loss in and of itself. But it is a bunch of 20 year old men with insane expectations (it's like a team full of Anakin's!) so I hope they learned something, and if so it's not a loss

Anyway, thank goodness I have Obi to daydream about... Sorry about the rant!

4. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Twittering with Ewan?

I'd love it, but my husband wouldn't. I tweet vicariously through you all. :D

BTW, say hello for me. :p

Home from work...working until 9:30 pm Saturdays now. But I have Sun and Mon off. So it's not so bad, my weekend just starts now, that's all. :)

5. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Good Monday Morning...quiet in here right now though.

Everyone busy, I guess.

I'm off today, but I too will have plenty to keep me busy, partially stuff in prep for Thanksgiving.

Ruth has been finding some yummy pics of Ewan to portray her version of Obi in her Legacy series...stuff to give us a visual as we read of his adventures.

Hopefully she'll post one or two of what she's found on here.

serendipityaey likes this.
  6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Ok I've been AWOL for a bit. My excuse is uni stuff!!!

I've barely even thought about Obi for ages!!!! And haven't even written any fanfiction for ages!!! I'm going to do some fic writing tonight because I need a break from uni stuff and it might be good to get another chapter out.

I actually missed this place.

7. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Good morning! Wonderful, post Ruth!! Also if anyone ever wants a cover I'd be happy to oblige, time willing :) Just finished one for my Elmont (Obi in a different setting!!!) story. And thank you so much for that wonderful review obimom!!!! [:D]I love how it reminded you of your own love, so sweet. That's definitely my plan, a slow building of trust and a wonderful relationship of two people who are naturally very guarded, and consequently, lonely. Here's the pic I did for Elmont and Elleree:

[​IMG]

obimom likes this.
  8. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
  9. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    OK, time to dig this thing out of the bottom.

Hello and happy weekend Obi fans!!

I have to work tomorrow, but I hope everyone is doing well.

STill looking for that Dr. Who/Obi-Wan crossover hlc88 (I've got that right, right? You are the one working on that?)

Lets start this weekend right...with a (pretty) close rendition of Ruth's young knight Obi...although the pic she found is better...it just needs a little serendipityaey adobe touch to add the Jedi look to him...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

:D

10. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Hmmm - the first pic seems to have disappeared.

Ok Obi...what are you up to? :)

11. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Mmmmmm...I prefer General Kenobi in general
    But I'll take him any way he wants me to take him.

12. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Yes, I am the one working on that! It hasn't been posted yet. In fact I'm reworking it entirely now - decision made three days ago. Partly because I didn't like what I had originally written. So I am rewriting it, very slowly! It will be posted sometime next year I hope!

My original plan was for Obi-Wan and Anakin to fall into the Doctor's universe, get entangled with the Daleks, and then they meet the Doctor and Donna and then they split up and then the Daleks invade the Star Wars galaxy... but I'm changing it... so its going to start with the Doctor and Donna going into the Star Wars galaxy... so make it more interesting. I used to write Doctor Who fanfiction years ago... but I stopped and it is really difficult getting back into writing characters I haven't written in years so it is a struggle. I've been watching some Doctor Who episodes to get me back into the feel of writing the character.

It will be done!

But at the moment I'm just sorting out my dissertation (need to hand it in on Wednesday), finish off one more essay and then I can relax and actually do some fic writing. Priority needs to be to update The Protector as I have neglected it for 5 weeks :(

obimom likes this.
  13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I am looking forward to it...and I liked the original idea you had for the crossover...that sounded really interesting!!

But I understand wanting to make it better, so I'm confident what you're doing now is even better...can't wait.

Did you see the 50th anniversary Dr. Who special?

I loved it. Loved seeing Tennant and Smith together....that's almost as good as seeing Obi-Wan and the 10th Dr. together (or is it the 11th dr. you're wriiting?) Either way, it'll be good.

What do you think of the new doctor coming soon?

hlc88 likes this.
  14. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Well I can always send you the original chapters if you like, though I may also reuse the ideas in the newer version? I actually felt it was bad writing.

Oh yes I saw the 50th anniversary! :D

Loved it! It was brilliant. I always love seeing the Doctor banter/argue with himself. Heh, yeah I'm writing Obi-Wan and the 10th Doctor as I'm more familiar with Tennant's Doctor and even though Smith is playing the same character, there is a vast difference in how they play the character and I've never written Smith so I'd rather stick with Tennant's Doctor. Also, with Tennant's Doctor I can bring in Donna Noble! She may just give Anakin a good talking too [face_devil]

I'm interested to see where they go with the new doctor... quite brave to go back to an older actor but I think it will work. And the actor who will follow on from Smith, is like Tennant as he is a huge fan of the show and I think its always good to have an actor playing that role who is hugely passionate about the show.

Much like Ewan McGregor... he achieved his dream of playing a Jedi or being in a Star Wars movie, both Tennant and Capaldi have achieved their dream of playing the Doctor.

obimom likes this.
  15. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Agreed.

Adn I love Tennant...he's my favorite Doctor, although I do like Matt Smith's doctor.

Good choice, Tennant's doctor with Ewan's obi-Wan...should be a good combination for a FF...and yes, Donna noble will definitely give Anakin, and Obi-Wan a run for their money....perhaps Obi-Wan for a different reason...did you see how she drooled when Captain Jack Harkness came on the scene (and he is handsmoe)...imagine what she'll do when she gets a load of Obi-Wan...:p

16. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Tennant is my favourite Doctor too. He's a very nice man to talk to when I've met him too. Always so nice with the fans!

Yes... well Donna may just take a liking to Obi-Wan - I mean, who wouldn't? :D Oh yes, poor Donna, Captain Jack wasn't interested! And when she just grabs him hahaha Love that.

17. katie9918

katie9918 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 28, 2002
    Ooh, can I get into the Doctor Who love? I LOVED the 50th anniversary special! McGann was my first Doctor (I watched the TV movie on its first airing) and Smith is My Doctor.

Just watched Episodes 2 and 3 (and 4) last night and thought of this place and decided to see if I could catch up with some old friends and the Obi-Wan thread seemed the place to start. Hi, everyone!

hlc88, obimom and serendipityaey like this.
  18. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Hi Katie! Welcome! I love Matt Smith as well [face_love]

obimom and katie9918 like this.
  19. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    katie9918 Hi Katie!!

Welcome, someone who loves Obi-Wan and the Doctor..you're not alone, and hlc88 is writing a crossover with the tenth doctor and Obi-Wan ...can't wait to read it.

We finally did see the movie with McGann, and it was interesting.

I love Tennants doctor because he's charming, cute and sexy and a Scot...and wow, hlc88, you've met him? I loved the story arcs they put him in.

And Ash, (Serendipityaey) has met Ewan...such lucky people. ;)

But I also love Matt Smith and his story arcs. He's quirky, funny, and love-able, and a geek with a bow-tie..whats not to love.

I Loved seeing the two of the together in the 50th anniversary...they were such a hoot together. :p ...

20. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    katie9918 Hello Katie!

Yes, I have met Tennant! I have the photos as proof! I went to a convention he did... it was absolutely mad... it was his first ever one and he had to have 6 security guards protecting him which is a bit sad that he had to have them around... I'm actually going to see him on stage in a few weeks as Richard II in London too.

See I have yet to meet Ewan! When he did stage a few years ago in London? I debated about going but I ended up not... so I haven't seen Ewan in the flesh yet. :(

21. katie9918

katie9918 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 28, 2002

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome!

Wow! Nice that so many people are giving love to the Doctor!

Topic?

Throwing some love out there for Karen Miller's CW books. While there was just a shade too much Obi-Wan whumping in Wild Space, I absolutely ADORE her characterizations of Obi-Wan and, of course, my beloved Bail Organa.

22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I absolutely loved KM's books...all three...and yes, there was a bit of "Obi thumping" but I loved them all. He's the tragic hero of the whole saga, I think, so he's the hero who goes through the fire and comes out blazing like a Jedi. He never falls, unlike a certain protege of his who melted under a little heat.

And then Lucas had to cast Ewan McGregor to play him, adding that adorable face and irresistible charm to his character..making him all the more loveable...[face_love]

That's why I"ve always thought that even though the movies were about Anakin's rise and fall, it's Obi-Wan who is the thread that ties them all together...

One of these days I want to re-read the three books again...as well as read the new Kenobi book...:)

Off to work now..

Later!

23. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Watch The Pillow Book or a host of other early movies - plenty of flesh to be seen. ;):p[face_batting]

24. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    :D Even Perfect Sense which was much more recent! One of my faves...

25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I want to see Perfect Sense!!! I haven't found it yet. :_|

Valairy Scot - "In the flesh" had me thinking along the same lines as you...but I didn't say anything...[face_blush]

Anyway, you see, Ruth has pulled her Armistice story out of the dust bin and back onto the shelf, and with a few changes she is finishing it...

Erm...any chance the same might happen with EJC? [face_batting]

Although I realize you had basically written yourself into a corner and had no clue how to get out of it...so your story is a little more deeply buried than just under a little dust...but is there a chance? I know you had mentioned one time about rebooting it...or is it just buried and gone? I think about it once in a while and wonder if you'll ever return to it. And come to think of it, it's been awhile since we've seen anything from you.

What do you think? :)

serendipityaey and katie9918 like this.