main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2013! Over for another year.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Final day! To all those still trying to hit the 50k - good luck!

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    good luck to all of you

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I tried, but after a bad month I just couldn't make it. I managed to write 10,742 words today but it wasn't enough and I only managed 32,767 in total. Even if I kept writing until just before midnight, it's 9:40pm here and I'm tired already.

Mind you, I am pleased that I wrote that much. Even though I didn't get to 50k I still feel like I accomplished something.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    My final count is 13865. I failed miserably and I"m not even sure if I like the fic anymore. Ah well, it was more than I would have written.

5. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I had a dismal (but rather amusing) word count of 310 for NaNo. Congrats to all who participated!

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts updated!

Congratulations again to those who made it! =D=

Those who didn't, congratulations to you as well! You may not have made it to 50K but you wrote something! You probably wrote more than you would have, I know I did!

Post-Nano Discussion: How do you feel about what you wrote? Do you plan on continuing/editing what you wrote or do you think you'll push it by the side and not think about it for a while?

I only wrote a little over 3,000 words, but that was better than I have written in a while! What I wrote was kinda haphazard and not really anything, but it can potentially be the basis of something more.

Personally, I think November just ends up being a bad month for me. Two years in a row I've traveled for work and the holidays make it harder. I may try for Camp NaNo this summer.

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Post-Nano Discussion: How do you feel about what you wrote? Do you plan on continuing/editing what you wrote or do you think you'll push it by the side and not think about it for a while?

My story is pretty rough. I will write scenes that I think would be interesting but don't really know if they will fit into the story or not. Unfortunately when you do this there is no real timeline or flow to the story. As I reread what I have, I got so confused as to who is doing what that I had to copy my scrivener project and then take the various story lines and put them all together. After I get their stories set I will break up the various chapters again. I only have a basic plot so I need to fix that. I will finish it but I need to really work out the details. I did this last year and after editing the 50K word story it ended up as a 116K word fanfic.

8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010

About half of my WC was 2 papers so I feel good about that ~6000 words :D (And another ~1000 was a random short story that popped into my head that I will probably finish). As for my story, I think I have a half decent start and I'm glad I got that start. I'll have to re-read it once I'm done my finals before I can decide if it's worth editing and continuing, but I think I will.

I agree that November is just a baaaad month, especially for students. I'll probably try one of the camp Nanos over the summer.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006

I am still continuing and adding to the middle parts of my Nano story, editing a lot and will publish it soon here on the boards. It has been a great random mess when I had it on the validation but it is getting along nicely now

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I want to say I will continue with it. I like the characters and stuff, but I'm not sure. It needs a lot more work doing to it and a large part of it is really depressing, but I think there's something there that's good.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I might continue with it. My guys spent a lot of time at the pub so those scenes would probably have to go in a redraft. I might pick it up again after the holidays.

12. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Keep the pub scenes and have your guys go to rehab next. ;) I can just see them in an AA meeting. "Hello, I'm LAJ_FETT's OC and I'm an alcoholic. I went on a drinking binge during NaNo. The pressure was just too much and I ended up at the pub talking with my buddies for thirty days."

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not quite that bad. The MC was a silent partner in the pub so he ate/drank there for free. He used it as his office. (Kinda private investigator type.)

14. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    Well, I was close, a little over halfway, but real life got in the way. Figures. LOL
    I still plan on continuing my story, editing as I go. I know there are some things I need to work on and some things that I could write a bit better. Probably planning on posting it up here as an OC FanFic. :D

15. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Whoops, I forgot to update this! I hit 50K on November 15 and ended my NaNo with a whopping 78045.

Congrats to all those who hit the 50K mark.. and even if you didn't, guys, the goal of NaNo is to write! We're all winners because we wrote, no matter the end count, right?! :D

ViariSkywalker and 92SE-R like this.
  16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Right! Even though I didn't make it to 50k I still feel like a winner. I learnt a fair bit about me too, so that's a bonus.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  17. 92SE-R

Apr 15, 2005
    Agreed! I like sitting back and watching my characters do things I thought they never would. LOL

18. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Ended up with 20,282. Not quite halfway like I'd hoped, but way more than I've written in ages. I think I will try to continue working on my novel in the coming months. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I like the characters, but I'm pretty sure the writing is pure garbage. :p But that's okay, I suppose. It got me writing again, so it can't be all bad. I definitely would like to try again next year.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  19. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    I only had 947 words in total...I am really disappointed with myself, but with all the essays I've had to type up for school, I probably would have passed 50k! I do like the story though, so I plan to continue it. :)

20. 92SE-R

Apr 15, 2005
    947 is better than none. ;)

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    And if you wrote that amount every day you'd be up to novel level in just a few months..

22. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    XP A few months...Gah. NaNoWriMo is just one month long!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.