main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Batman in print and animation

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Sep 16, 2013.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'll keep that in mind, but I do love Seanbaby's editorials.

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Those stories are also Elseworlds, which is basically a silly word that means "we don't care about normal continuity."

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    SEANBABY!!! Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

4. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    He just wrote another article a couple of days ago on GTA V!! He hasn't been on there in a while though.

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Unfortunately, I don't. Great list though. I've been considering rebuilding my library and might as well do so with the Bat. Which would be the most reliable retailer as far as pricing and international shipping is concerned? I hate to rely on Amazon.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    In most vampire lore, the person who becomes a vampire is no longer the same person that they were before hand. You can see this in all the versions of "Dracula", "From Dusk Til Dawn" and was a focal point in "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" and "Angel". Batman becoming evil because of his vampirism falls right in line with.

If you're looking for stores, there are plenty to be had.

http://www.midtowncomics.com

http://www.tfaw.com

http://www.milehighcomics.com

http://www.grahamcrackers.com

Those are among the best in the biz. I don't use them since I'm fortunate enough to be have three stores, plus HPB. You can also use a store locator to see if you have one that's within driving distance, that you might not know about.

7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    But Batman is pure and has no limits or something!

8. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    This was before that started.

9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

I think I ordered from MIdtown back in the day, and definitely handwrote quite a few orders to Mile High. Glad to know those guys are still in business. I'll definitely check them out.

10. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Man, remember when Seanbaby wrote for EGM? Remember when EGM was a thing?

Anyway. Batman etc.

Ramza likes this.
  11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Yes. That's my Seanbaby context.

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Seanbaby convinced me not to read comics sadly.

13. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Has anyone else felt that the DC universe is already getting old after only 2-3 years? The fallout of forever evil probably won't be too good for the bat books and I just find myself getting more and more involved in Image Comics and dropping some of my DC titles like Justice League and Superman.

14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That's why I stopped before the reboot and given the cluster**** that has followed, it seems to have been a wise decision. There's a nice stopping point for the Superman and Batman titles, which worked out nicely for me.

15. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    It's already so polluted with retcons and bad decisions when that should NOT be the case. How hard is it to have a vision for an entire company line of comics and then execute it? There is no excuse for not being able to plan ahead. Meet with the creators and say ok this is whats going to happen for the year. There's no need to rush anything, which is what I feel like they're doing, "oh see this! This is really cool! Oh oh! And this too! See look!" NO!

Let each characters mythology ferment and then let stories organically flow. Thats why I am beginning to like Image more. Rant over. Sorry.

16. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    If they'd planned it all out a bit more beyond having it tie into Flashpoint, maybe it could be stronger. Even then, though, they've said time and time again they wanted to creators to feel free from continuity - except then editorial has been messing with the process too often.

That said, the Bat titles are pretty free of that meddling, and Zero Year feels like the way the whole DCU reboot should have been.

17. Volderon

Jul 23, 2007
    Agreed Zero Year is good but the way they treated Dick Grayson is bad from the start of the New 52. And the fallout from Forever Evil is going to affect the bat books so I'm not really looking forward to that. It's just becoming a big mess because the editors and management want big wow factor moments such as possibly a new Nightwing after Forever Evil.

If I had to pick two comics from DC it would probably be Batman and Action Comics by Greg Pak (for as long as he writes it which, let's face it, probably won't be long because DC has ruined Supermans writers so far in the New 52).

18. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I think the problem is that it isn't so much editorial as it is the higher ups wanting things to go a certain way.

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Edit: Double Post.