main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    First half of my Hasbro order arrived. Got my AOTC Padme, Anakin, and Biggs figures!

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  2. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Jaina Solo Statue (I love her character, love the EU, I just had to get her).
    Rebel Pilots Legacy series 2.

3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I just ordered the Black Series 6" Han Solo from Amazon. w/s&h it came to just over $25.00, so I pulled the trigger. I'd have spent the difference between that and the post-tax retail price on gas chasing him around town anyway.

As far as Greedo goes, if I see him at retail great, I'll probably get him, but if not I'll put it on my Christmas list and let my Brother and Sister-in-law get him for me. Pretty sure I'm going to skip Slave Leia, but if I end up finding and getting Greedo I may just put her on my list instead.

Giovs likes this.
  4. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Vintage loose Boba Fett

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Was that the Koto Jaina? I love that statue. I need to find somewhere that's pre-ordering the Mara to go with her.

Got notification that my 6" figures are on their way, Woot!

6. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Yes, that's the one.
    Didn't knew they were doing a Mara JAde statue.
    Nice to see the Eu getting some love.
    I've ordered the Black Series Mara Jade, just waiting for it to arrive, along with my Grand Admiral Trhawn and Talon Karrde Comic Pack figures.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah Mara is #2 in the series, she looks great.

Have you seen the gorgeous Admiral Thrawn Mini-Bust that Gentle Giant is making? He's not even one of my fav EU characters but I love the bust so much I've got it on pre-order.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Picked up the Ewok Assault Catapult Kmart exclusive set. And got a Yoda bubble gum machine :)

Kmart had the 31" Darth Vaders for $34.99 - if I wasn't buying a ton of other stuff I might've grabbed one.

They also had Leia, Han, and Greedo from the 6" line for $19.99. I only briefly looked at Leia, she looked fine to me, not sure what the fuss is about her. I didn't bother with those since mine are in the mail.

9. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Vintage carrying case
    [​IMG]
    I've always loved the art on it.

10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    After waiting an hour and a half to get my oil changed :mad: I headed over to Target to see if wave 2 of the 6" Black Series had hit yet, and it had. No Boba (got him already though) and no Han (got him already, too) but they had one each of Leia and Greedo. After staring at Greedo for a good five minutes I caved, but left Leia. I want every Leia they end up making except this one. Not that I have anything against that particular outfit. On the contrary, I think it's responsible for triggering my puberty. But from an action figure standpoint I prefer A New Hope Leia, Hoth Leia or Endor gear Leia.

DarthMak likes this.
  11. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Retro style lunchbox from Old Navy was my only black friday Star Wars item.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Got in the mail my first 2 Pop! Star Wars bobble heads. Got Queen Amidala and Slave Leia.

Now comes the big problem of trying to figure out how to get a giant headed Amidala in on this shelf:

[​IMG]

I'm thinking some shrine re-arranging is in order. FYI - there's no room for Leia either :p

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's a lot of Padmes..

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought my 2014 SW Insider Special Edition earlier today.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought a gift a friend ordered from eBay - Funko Boba Fett Computer-Sitter Bobblehead. Won't sit on my TV or monitor as both are old CRT-style but he'll perch nicely on my backlog pile of VHS tapes. This is pretty nice. Also in the series are Yoda and Vader.

16. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Holy Mother of Luke and Leia!

What do you guys think about the 6 inches figures? Are they worth it?
    I'm biding on two of them: Han Solo and Sandtrooper.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I like the 6" figures - they're something new, they have nice detail, and compared to how much a lot of other collectibles are, they're not too badly priced.

I'm trying to get all of the General Mills "Attack of the Clones" pens that are in cereal boxes. There aren't many boxes left out there, so far I've got: Obi-Wan, Clone Trooper, Chewbacca, and Yoda x2 (which makes up for me not getting a Yoda from TPM promotion.)

18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm really into this line. Like PadmeLeiaJaina said, after years of 3 3/4" and 12" it's something different. The price is a tad higher than I'd like, but quality-wise I have no complaints. Han and the Sandtrooper are two good ones to start with. I absolutely love the dirt/sand deco on the Sandtrooper, and with interchangeable hands and two different belts, Han has nice added value.

Giovs likes this.
  19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I look at the price as in comparison to other collectibles out there - Koto statues, busts, etc. $20 isn't too bad. Amazon has had really good deals on the 6" figures this past week.

20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Absolutely. These display so much more impressively than the 3 3/4" figures, and they're much, much cheaper than the high end stuff. With only three to four figures per wave, and with 2-3 months in between waves, it's not going to break you either. I love this line, and I really hope it continues for a good long time; or at least until we get the core characters/outfits and some of the more iconic bit players. When it gets down to the Rancor Keeper and General Madine, I think I'll be done.

Giovs likes this.
  21. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Yeah, I think I agree with you there.
    I wouldn't want larger figures of the minor characters (no matter how cool it is to collect them), the smaller and cheaper ones are just fine for those characters.

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, Hasbro has done a great job of producing figures for even the more obscure characters from the movies over the years, but I don't think we'll ever see those fringe characters in the 6" Black Series.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah but you also have to remember if Hasbro sticks w/ the line - in 2 years they're going to have a new film coming out every year into eternity. We're not going to have to worry about them making 7th tier characters, they'll have plenty of new characters to produce.

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh yeah, Disney will be providing them with fresh new characters if the line continues on for that long. In fact, I'd almost bet that for Ep. VII (if not before) Hasbro will drop the more expensive s/a 3 3/4" line in favor of the more basic line with the $5.99 price point aimed mostly at kids with a concurrent 6" line aimed more toward collectors/adults. The question is; Will Hasbro put a freeze on PT/OT related releases in the second half of '15 and focus strictly on Ep. VII? I know that in 2002 they ran the "Saga" line right alongside the AOTC line. They even had the same cardbacks, which was a bit confusing.

On a somewhat related note, I'd be curious to know how many waves of the 6" Black Series Hasbro plans for 2014. This year the line began hitting in August I believe, and they managed two by year's end. That would put them on pace to release maybe five in the coming year [face_thinking] .

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh I think they'll stick w/ the 2 lines of the 3 3/4 figures, Hasbro is going to really hope that the adult collectors will love the new films and will want to give them quality figures to get them hooked.