main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    It's starting to get cold here, I think it'll snow by the end of the week. :(

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Good luck! Do you want me to submit your name change request for you while you're out? :p

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone. :) All went well, I'm home and on the couch with my iPad and the TV remote.

Barriss_Coffee and 07jonesj like this.
  4. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Great, welcome back anakinfanwithoutagallbladder. Glad it went well and hope your recovery is easy.

Circular Logic likes this.
  5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Glad everything went well.

6. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug opens in 10 days. :D

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Ya know, I saw a guy driving a Dodge truck around with a trailer hitch that had Maul's torso on it. I tried my hardest to snap a picture to post but the one time I wanted to get stopped at a stoplight about 10 lights stayed green. When does that happen? Made me think of you guys somehow. =]

eht13 and Circular Logic like this.
  8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I can't wait for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. The tickets in my pockets are burning with excitement.

9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    "Step into the light." :p

Wow, I don't have tickets yet, but my son and I are definitely planning to go on opening weekend.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  10. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    "I am king under the mountain!"

I grabbed mine for the midnight showing, I couldn't help myself.

eht13 likes this.
  11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Most awaited movie of the year for me. Will try to see it the same week it opens and it'll be a 2D showing for me like the first Hobbit (don't feel the need to see it in 3D).

eht13 likes this.
  12. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Still haven't seen the first part. I'm waiting for the extended trilogy set (or the Middle-Earth saga set). :p

Intrigued by the fact that there's going to be a third film, with non-Hobbit material in it.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well all three have non-Hobbit stuff in them, since PJ has been mining stuff from the appendices and other sources.

And I'm lucky, my town is small enough that I can see the movie opening day and not have to buy tickets in advance. Maybe a few hours early, but days? That, and I have several cinemas to choose from. But whatever, I'll see it when I see it.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I'll probably see it when I'm off work for Christmas. I may try to get my Mom to go with me since she's a big LOTR fan.

15. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    anakinfansince1983: Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I'm sure we would still have tickets available, I just had to go grab them...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Seerow likes this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That game(s) was/is glitchy as hell. People would get stuck in my backyard even if there was nothing to physically prevent them from leaving and just keep sobbing until I had to switch to another character or they uh, died. Under mysterious circumstances.

I had modded one neighborhood with Star Wars characters many years ago, and I remember I used to always play as hermit Obi-Wan in his hermit bachelor pad (I had every intention to model it off ANH originally, but once he installed the soundsystem there was no going back). Then one day he's at the 50's diner and there in the middle of the room are Chewie and Shmi, boogieing to the juke box. And then they stop and make out. And I was just like, no. No. Just no.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    All three game so far have their clitches but particularly the original Sims. It would do this thing from time to time where the game data would completely corrupt and the pictures it would show for the sims you were playing would turn to something weird. That sucked if I had been playing for a while because then I had to uninstall and reinstall the game and all 50 of those damn expansion packs. I've always liked Sims 2 the best which had the generation system, talents, aspirations, and stuff like that plus way more interactions and stuff. The only expansion packs I really needed were University, Pets, and Vacation. Screw the one that gave me apartments. I have the PS3 version of Sims 3 which ofcourse blows on the console. I've just never played 3 or the stupid Midevil one much.

I remember I created Indiana Jones once. I put him through college and everything and damn if he didn't end up a criminal and he got just about everyone else in the game in bed.

20. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013

Me too can't wait !

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've got Elf running in the background.

Decent movie and it's Will Ferrell, but...Buddy's sugar addiction makes me gag.

22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    A co-worker told me Elf was great and insisted we borrow her DVD. My wife and I didn't get into it at all, and neither did our kids. [face_dunno]

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
  24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I loved Elf when it came out, but one Christmas I watched it and realized how very thin its plot is. Mostly in regards to the romance. It's good as a kiddie thing, though, and Ed Asner is always enjoyable. I actually saw the Broadway version of Elf last year, featuring Wayne Knight (Newman!) as Santa. That was fun, especially for all the kids there.

Seerow, catch South Park last night? The opening was absolutely hilarious, with all the Japanese Sony stuff. XD

Seerow likes this.
  25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I watched South Park last night...the anime stuff pretty much completely shut me down. It was funny when it was just Kenny, it's not funny when you do whole portions of the episode that way, it loses its contrast, which is the entire joke.

It was a disappointing finale after two legitimately funny episodes. I guess the best part was the old man spoiling Cartman's plans in the garden. That bit got a laugh out of me every time.

Oh, and the video game plug at the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.