main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Somehow I can just see Palpatine pissing Vader off by telling him that the suit is rendering him too immobile and that the important task of hunting down the Jedi must be given to the more able-bodied Inquisitor. "Don't lose to Kenobi next time...my very young apprentice."

VanishingReality likes this.
  2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The propensity of Jedi on the run to hide out in sparsely populated areas makes killing them, when found, very easy since they need not worry about collateral damage. I mean, as much as the Empire might ever worry about collateral damage, which is probably not much.

It very often wouldn't involve "sending down" anybody after him.

ISD Captain: "Helm roll one-eighty"
    Helmsman: "Aye sir one-eighty"

*The star destroyer, which had been holding a standard ventral-hull-to-planet orbital attitude, ideal for landing craft ops, now rolls 180 degrees about its longitudinal axis, presenting its dorsal face, with the heavy flank guns, to the planet.*

Captain: "HTL Batteries one through eight, bear north four-three point seven five nine, west one-eight point two two five, set max yield and circular airburst pattern."

*All the turret commanders roger the order, and the giant heavy turbolaser turrets begin slewing, the barrels elevating. A few seconds, and all the turrets call in that they are on target.*

Captain: "Batteries one through eight, take take take!"

*Deep basso thuds reverberate through the deckplates as the guns fire, shimmering kilometer-long shafts of ravening energy lancing towards the planet's surface. A second or two later, a brilliant white fireball erupts on the planet a thousand miles below. Quickly growing to more than a hundred miles in diameter, more brilliant than the local sun, even from orbit it would be blinding, if not for the bridge viewports automatically adjusting their opacity to compensate for it.*

Captain: "Com-scan report!"
    Com-scan officer: "No life readings at target sir. Or..." *he grins* "..within three hundred kilometers of it in any direction."
    Captain: "Good. Prepare a report, and inform Imperial Intelligence the Jedi has been dealt with".

*ISD breaks orbit, and punches away into hyperspace*

And that ladies and gentlemen, is how they do that.

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

Eh. I hope the retcon Lucas' insistence that Vader was weak and a disappointment to Palpatine. That's one thing if Palpatine is stuck with Vader until Luke comes along, but it's another if Rebels is going to follow the EU in regards to the concept of there being a whole bunch of Force adept Inquisitors running around. Vader needs to be shown as hands down better than these guys and gals and someone that they fear just as Vader fears Palpatine.

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Along with being the Imperial way, this would also be in line with Jedi way, they probably wouldn't want to bring down the wrath of the Empire on innocent civilians. Plus those innocent civilians may not be friendly, anyway. Might turn them in to Imperial Intelligence.

Yes, I've often thought this myself. "Why don't they just bombard the **** out of them?" I wonder if they'll ever actually show this in Rebels, could be quite the shocking spectacle. "Did they just use orbital bombardment to kill one person?"

I'd hope the Empire would confirm a Jedi presence before opening fire, but it is the Empire...

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't know anything about the EU with Inquisitors in it so I can't comment there, and I really don't have a preference here, I could just imagine Palpatine trolling Vader for 20 years even as the rest of the galaxy is scared ****less of Vader.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I wonder if this Inquisitor will use Force Lightning?

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hope not but would not be surprised if he did.

8. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    I would bet no for several reasons;

1) Lightning has always been associated with uber Sith such as Palps and Dooku (maybe Talzin?). Lesser Sith/Dark Siders such as Maul, Savage, and Ventress never exhibited it.

2) The only known photos of the Inquisitor shows him with a double lightsaber ala Maul, Savage, and Ventress i.e. more lightsaber combat oriented Dark Siders. Granted Dooku and Palps also ruled with lightsabers, but they were uber in all respects.

3) It would make Vader seem weak. If this guy could toss lightning then what is Vader's use? That is unless they show Vader giving this guy a ceremonial beat down in the show. Anakin of course was always more of a lightsaber combat oriented Jedi like Obi Wan. Yoda was the only Jedi they showed on screen exhibiting massive Force powers. Later day Vader showed more Force skill (mostly in ESB) but still primarily a lightsaber fighter.

This is of course all opinion. Until the show airs or a pic of the Inquisitor surfaces showing him shooting Force lightning we won't know for sure.

9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Vader is the most recognisable and marketable villain in movie history. No way will Disney allow him to be betrayed as a weak, pathetic character.

TaradosGon and Darth_Pevra like this.
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Oh, please no Force lightning for the Inquisitor...

11. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Vader couldn't use force lightning because of his amputated limbs and cybernetic replacements / life support system. Any attempt to use Force-lightning after his Mustafar injuries would have been suicidal and resulted in his death.

What's the deal on who can do Force-lightning anyway? Is it a skill that any darksider can learn, or do you have to be above a certain level of force-sensitivity to do it?

12. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I never liked that Dooku could do Force Lightning. The Emperor should have been the only one in the films wth that ability. Damnit, Lucas . . .

ShaneP, eht13 and Force Smuggler like this.
  13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Should have only been seen in ROTJ.

ShaneP and Heero_Yuy like this.
  14. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    ^ You know, I was tempted to edit my post to include just that. Absolutely right!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I hope you're right, but if the EU is any indication, a writer might wussify Vader in order to make a pet villain look good.

Darth Valkyrus , I don't know what source material discusses Force lightning but Jaina uses it in Dark Journey and it was the only indication to me that she was turning to the Dark Side; her being in danger of turning was supposed to be the theme of the entire book but she just seemed justifiably pissed off to me. *shrugs* I'd personally prefer that the use of Force lightning be reserved for full-blown Sith, and full-blown Sith without cybernetic limbs.

16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The fact that Obi-Wan can deflect the lightning with his lightsaber and Yoda deflects it with his hands twice ruins the reveal of it in ROTJ. Also makes you wonder why they didn't tell Luke about it. The way Dooku does it in AOTC is so casual unlike in ROTJ where you can hear the music change. If Palpatine had two or three different force powers not related to lightning that could work.

ShaneP likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    On one of my AOTC theatrical viewings, when Obi-Wan deflected the lighting with his saber, the friend I was with said, "Why didn't he teach Luke how to do that?"

Why indeed.

ShaneP likes this.
  18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Because Dooku had weak, baby lightning compared to Palpatine's. :p

19. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
  20. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Talk about overkill... thanks EU.

21. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Vader doesn't use force lightning because it's ineffective. Telecinetically breaking necks or strangling foes is way more effective.

22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    You're contradicting yourself a bit. Vader was all about the trenches in the OT. Someone like him would get bored if he had to sit behind a desk for a long time.

However he has only so much time to spend on some insignificant nothing of a Jedi.

I don't know why EU-authors thought he would care about every run of the mill Jedi.

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I think Vader being all about the trenches in the OT is debatable. Maybe, maybe not. Or perhaps the extent to which he is in the trenches is debatable.

ANH:

The battle is basically over when he boards the Tantive IV. Not only that, but he probably could have saved a lot of stormtroopers if he stepped through the hole first, lightsaber deflecting blaster bolts. This is actually something I like to point out when people say Vader cared about the grunts, that the grunts loved him because he was in the thick of it with them, sharing the risk. Not really, at least not here. The Anakin from TCW probably would have been the first one through that hole.

The Battle of Yavin, yeah Vader is in the thick of it, killing Rebels. No doubt. But he gets involved because he felt he had to to survive, no? Plus he has not one but two wingmen covering him the entire time, while other TIE pilots seem to be without wingmen at all.

ESB:

He doesn't go down to Hoth until the battle is basically over. Snowtroopers are the first ones in to sweep a room, Vader walks casually in behind them. There doesn't seem to be much danger to him or anyone really, most of the Rebels are gone or leaving. The Anakin from TCW would have been with the invasion force in some way.

He doesn't pursue the Falcon in his TIE fighter. He chills on the Executor. Yeah, he goes to Bespin, but mostly to mastermind things, it's not really a battlefield.

He faces Luke, but that's extremely personal.

ROTJ:

He's....not in the trenches at all, in any way.

So I can see it called either way. Vader was always a brute, all about power and control, a part of him loves the action. But after the Clone Wars, everything that happened, all that he lost...maybe by Rebels/OT he's done with all that. Maybe he's done it enough that he's even bored by it. Maybe something unique, a special challenge, can still get him fired up. But random Rebels or some ex-Jedi he never heard of, one that he'd probably chop up in two seconds, I don't see him getting up for that.

24. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Someone called my name?

25. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh good grief. Can we say creatively bankrupt and out of ideas?

V-2 likes this.