main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    People said the same thing when they saw a lot of lightsabers in AOTC.

It's not a big deal unless you view Force lightning as sacred.

Which is to say it's not a big deal.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Just give the Inquisitor and the villain in the ST a new Force power.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Should the Inquisitor be Force-sensitive at all?

I don't care one way or another, I'm more curious as to what people think.

Would he have to be Force-sensitive to be a threat to Jedi?

...all that said, I'm on board with some new power that we haven't seen yet.

4. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    I think all inquisitors depicted thus far have been force sensitive in order to combat jedi and sense them. Otherwise they'd just see a jedi as another random dude in a cloke and be more susceptible to force suggestion.

5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Well, he was most often in command and couldn't willy-nilly leave it (the OT was a bit more realistic in that respect than TCW). Standard operations like boarding a frigate he would have to leave to the troops. Maybe he has gotten more cautious too.

But I do think you're right when you say he might have gotten bored over time. Chopping down helpless victims is just not very exciting after a while.

Still, of all the imperial commanders we get to see, he is definitely the most active one. When the occasion arises, he will fight and not hide behind a desk.

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    He should be Force-sensitive, but not that strong. The strength should be that of a Jedi Padawan/weak Knight.

7. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    And for the most part, people were right.

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm sure the Inquisitor will be force sensitive and have some kind of unique gimmick to set him apart as the minion of choice to terrorize the Rebels. That's probably what we'll see him doing. I can help but imagine him doing some Doctor Claw, "I'll get you next time Rebels!" lines at the ends of episodes.

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I cringe at the thought of the Inquisitor using Force lightning, but I also don't even think he should be Force sensitive... or at the very least, just not that strong with the Force. I imagined the post Order 66 purge being carried out by troopers (clone troopers / stormtroopers), who in some cases were being led by Vader when he got involved. So if Vader was there, you'd have a chance at seeing some lightsaber dueling or use of the Force in a fight. Otherwise, you'd just have an overwhelming number of troopers take down the Jedi they find hiding. The clone troopers' numbers and the element of surprise worked fine against the Jedi that got killed in Order 66.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I would possibly have problems with the Inquisitor using Force lightning if the EU already hadn’t shown that Quinlan "Amnesia" Vos somehow can use them without problems when he is angry , and that is before he join with Dooku

11. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I don't see anything wrong with the Inquisitor being Force sensitive. According to the EU, the Inquisitorius were Palpatine's highest-ranking Dark Side Adepts, so their ability to utilize the Force was valued for taking down the Empire's enemies, particularly Jedi survivors of Order 66. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if the Inquisitor was originally one of the many children kidnapped by Sidious' agents to eventually become a powerful army of dark side-trained Force users, as mentioned in the episode Children of the Force. Furthermore, not every Jedi was hunted down and killed. Many of the Jedi that served in the Service Corps, especially those exhibiting strong Force potential, were imprisoned by the Emperor on Byss and turned to the dark side. I'm sure many of the Inquisitors were originally Service Corps members that turned to Palpatine's side following the end of the Clone Wars.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I like Hippie Vos from TCW. Apparently I've missed...a lot.

Gamiel and VanishingReality like this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

Does that look like a hippie to you? :p

But yeah, a good amount of the Inquisitorius was culled from failed padawans, since they were so easy to lure to the Dark Side. Could this guy be one of those? Perhaps. Will he at least be able to use Force lightning? Most likely. Remember, TCW was all about featuring everything "Star Wars", and I very much imagine Rebels will follow suit. Force lightning is a very recognizable aspect of the universe, and damned if they don't take advantage of that.

14. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Cad Bane held his own against the Jedi without being Force-sensitive, although he did apparently have the ability to resist mind tricks (at least from a single Jedi)

15. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Looks like a Gary Stu to me.

VanishingReality and V-2 like this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Why?

17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Seriously?

Portrayed as a rebel. Can use the dark side and act like a jackass without serious repercussions of any kind, is even portrayed as cool while doing it. Marries a chick that would make Barbarella look modest. Somehow escapes the purge. Can fool all the darksiders including Count Dooku.

Typical Ostrander character.

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Ostrander?

19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    The guy who wrote the Vos comics in the Clone Wars comic series.

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Dooku wasn't fooled. Dooku used Vos' determination to find the 2nd Sith against him several times to draw him deeper into the dark side. He wasn't the only Jedi to survive the Purges. He had help from Villie as well.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    So what if he had Villies help?`It just means he is yet another Jedi who should've died.

While Dooku of course suspected that Vos was a double agent, he was still played by Vos.

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_66#Known_survivors
    Hate to break it to you but he wasn't alone. All of the Jedi getting wiped out in one swift stroke? Nope.
    They were probably manipulating both but I give the edge to Dooku.

23. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Hate to break it to me? I know very well of the many Jedi-survivors in the EU. Often these Jedi only survived to give the reader a happy end - in a time that shouldn't feature many happy endings. The Empire doesn't appear very threatening when most of the Jedi protagonists miraculously make it.

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And those Jedi don't look very good if they did indeed survive into the time period shown in the OT yet did nothing to help. ;)

Seerow, VanishingReality, V-2 and 4 others like this.
  25. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He never faces serious repercussions? Like, say...almost losing himself to evil, and letting himself become a minion of the Sith he'd set out to destroy? He's also never really portrayed as cool during his dark period. Every questionable, if not outright dark deed he did is met with disgust and sadness by those who know him, and he's near-constantly maligned until he finally can set aside the dark side for good and return to the Jedi. If readers found him cool it was for their own reasons; Jon and Jan were pretty clear on the "This is really bad" side of things.

Really, you're really going with the fact that the woman he loves is depicted as sexy as a reason why Quinlan sucks? Modesty is not the hallmark of a good female character or a good woman. Women can dress as they please without it reflecting poorly on their character. Let's leave that nonsense back in the 50s where it belongs.

Barely escapes Order 66. Bleeding and near death, with the need of outside help and a bloody lie to survive. We also don't know if he survives the Purge, just Order 66. And as many people have said many times before, it's just not logical that every single Jedi would have been killed.

Funny, because the initial twist of Quinlan's infiltration arc is how he hadn't actually fooled anyone and Dooku had been manipulating Quinlan all along for his own purposes.