main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Cheeky! :D

2. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Val's going to resurrect EJC as EJS.
    (Even Jedi Strip)
    Just tweak a few things here and there, edit out a few extraneous layers... and voila.
    I can't understand why she's refused my offer to beta the revised edition. [face_thinking] Probably my horrific typing skills.

Gkilkenny and serendipityaey like this.
  3. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Yes, write write write! I would happily take either Valairy Scot :) Though I understand how tough it is!

Gkilkenny likes this.
  4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Turn down a beta - Ruth, you jest! I've just given up begging for someone to resolve my dilemma - the corner is so tight NO ONE really has any thoughts on how to save it or any of the others languishing out there.

Besides, I've come to the realization that my writing is too free form, too wordy, too plotless and overly "talky" - Force, half you guys make me wish I could write like you - Ruth, Ash, HIC88, and more. I may be good with words, but not with stories and certainly not with plot structure.

5. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I honestly think you are a better writer then me... I feel I don't live up to the expectations of you guys.

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Yes the inspiration is waning, but I would delight in returning to view/ read EJC. I'm still writing but never been as good as you all. I have all these plots bunnies and I have half a dozen Obi centric stories half written. The only place to put them is on the other site as this one is in the too hard basket to sort out truncation. ( I'm probably too lazy) I love reading Ruth's stories too.
    Is the problem because Star Wars has been so long ago. Or are we getting older and wiser. There is life out there and its summer here finally.

7. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh by the way I saw NightWatch and Pillow talk and Blue Juice the other day. Weird but a very cute Ewan and watched TPM just to see some Obi-Wan
    and of course I fast forwarded through that pod race!!

serendipityaey likes this.
  8. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    note to self - when it's time for the pod race in Legacy, Obi-Wan must pilot :p Forget Anakin.

obimom, Gkilkenny and hlc88 like this.
  9. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Gkilkenny. I actually think Blue Juice is really cute! He's a cutie in it :) The other two really creep me out!!

10. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Now that it is soon Christmas, it's time for me to watch all Ewan movies again. Jack The Giant Slayer, Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, The Impossible, The Island, Moulin Rouge.....GOD! I can't wait til it's Christmas!!!! Halleluja! EWAN!!!! =P~[face_love]

serendipityaey likes this.
  11. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Watching Jack right now!

12. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Great! :D Maybe you can find some new inspiration so that you can write new stories. :)

Our Ewan loves definetly to swim. [face_love]^:)^

[​IMG]

serendipityaey and Gkilkenny like this.
  13. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    ruth baulding absolutely, no Anakin ever!=D=

14. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]Aaaaaaww! How can you resist that cute face????

15. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]See? Um.... oh. Right. heh heh. I guess it's not THAT cute.

16. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I want a cute face! don't tease :p

17. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd rather a cute face that is Obi-Wan Kenobi rather then Anakin Skywalker :p

obimom likes this.
  18. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    My day off, I watched A Life Less Ordinary this morning, and hopefully this afternoon I plan to watch Blue Juice again...so cute in that movie...and such a cute movie.

Nightwatch I like too, haven't seen pillow book...don't really plan to. Even though it's Ewan its just...just too much...I don't think I'd like it.

All the other movies mentioned though....love them all.

Can't wait until the Ewan and Johnny Depp movie comes out...my fav and my secondary fav (Johnny) in one movie...(happy sigh)..:p

19. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Val, you were my favorite author when I first discovered FF, and I'd read and perused a lot of FF before stumbling onto your stories...what drew me first was they were Obi centric, but then your writing just blew me away.

The first time you reviewed my half baked story I felt like a celeb had just reviewed my story...:p

20. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Aw, thanks...who's your fav now? [face_talk_hand];) (don't answer that; that's a joke)

21. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Valairy Scot - Well, it's your fault, you kept telling me I ought to read her stuff...:p

But you're still one of my favs...it's just been awhile...and your help with my stuff was so invaluable...I feel like I've learned a lot from you and I'll always be thankful for that. ;)

I hope you'll dive back in again..and I would love to see a reboot of EJC sometime if you've the mind to do it...I do understand the corner you wrote yourself in is, as you said, so tight no one could figure out. Even thoughts that I had that didn't seem that bad, but when you have something you're trying to get to, it has to be the right idea, and that just didn't happen.

Maybe a reboot is the thing..although I do love the early, shockingly heartbreaking chapters...I'd hate to see them changed too much.

22. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    I say just launch into your third installment of the "Heart" saga. You're at your pinnacle there, and the storyline is interpersonal, gripping, and complex. Perfect Val fodder.
    My vote.

obimom and hlc88 like this.
  23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Yes this this!!!

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Sigh...how about:

In THIS thread and only this thread I post the BROAD outlines (holding back any twists) and you guys help me with pesky details (fights) and plotting - keep me from rambling and going on and on and on and on and on and on....:D

No doubt the vast majority will know or figure out the plot twists (but PM or keep it very general) if you reply here. Honestly, the devil is in the details and moving the plot along, rather than plodding along.

'mmmkay?

So: EJC.

Arose out of affront at Qui's "casting Obi off" and a general air of Q-G worship about the boards at the time. Quite frankly I really didn't want to make him the monster so many think I painted him as (ultimately you'll find out he was just a pig-headed human...and maybe, maybe, manipulated/seduced by his own sense of "he hears the Force when no one else does.")

Anakin: I was never sure how I wanted to play him. Still don't. I have a lot (too many?) villains. Still don't know if I want to have him revealed as a scared, manipulated little boy. Yes, at first, he was one of the biggest villains but I'm not sure that's where I need to go.

Obi..sigh. I was going to have him so "damaged" he left the Order, his choice. Still want to (for a sequel, half planned), but with his recovery I don't know how to get him to figure out its best for him to leave. If he's got the Force: no reason (unless the Senate or something puts pressure on the Council which Obi hears about).

Obi's attacker. Dang, that boy turned out sadistic. Don't know if I should have his boss kill him or not. Boss is softening, but he'll never really be a good guy.

Dooku. Oh my. He took over Mace's role, now I don't know how to get out of this without killing off Dooku or hand-waving it all away. I suppose if I revise EJC I can try to downplay his role.

Major major plot point: what Qui-Gon thought was Anakin "calling him" or the Force calling him to Anakin - well - isn't. It's (or something or someone there calling to Obi-Wan). What's the magic connection between Obi-Wan and Tatooine? I should have figured that out before writing the story.

I'm sure there are other issues, too, but...

as for Hearts sequel - I'm terrible at setting up plausible "fights." Essentially, at least at first, Obi-Wan is still trying to find/redeem Ventress, so any hint of her sends him off in search. Anakin doesn't go with him because he's sure he killed her. BUT - I don't know what "rumors" or whatnot are convincing enough to have Obi-Wan haring off (and of course they're often traps) so then I need to set up a plausible "escape/win" for Obi, and each such event is really only a chapter or two, and serve to punctuate the passage of time.

Of course, in here Anakin gets knighted.

As far as Sid's seduction of Anakin...I don't want to follow canon but I'm having trouble with: A. Obi-Wan figuring things out (how, why?) B. how to set it up so Obi-Wan shows up to interrupt Anakin's seduction. We have a nice 3-way confrontation, pretty much written. Not 100% sure if how/how Order 66 goes down (or partially down, or for that matter, who is killed - except dear old Palpy. Yup, the evil Sith is dead, ding dong, but at what cost?)

And then there's the other 2 or 3 or 4 half-baked stories with some 100 pages written but in search of a coherent plot...such as Obi-Wan's mind wipe (prequel to Tears)...

obimom likes this.
  25. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    A lot of good angsty stuff in EJC especially where Obi is concerned. I hope you get some good input here, Val.

I just about want to reread what you have written in EJC. I know what you're saying about it being "wordy" etc, but I still loved it. :)