main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I got replacement discs and unlike a member of the official Blu-Ray forum, they look exactly the same as my old ones. I'll test it out later when I have time.

2. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Are you in the US? I've been told I'll receive replacement discs and am just curious if you're here or overseas. I gave my address to the WB site a week ago. How long have you been waiting?

3. DeviantSpirit

Sep 3, 2012
    It works! As far as I can tell, the audio sync is fixed on my discs!

Darth Kickass: No, I'm a New Zealander. It took me just over a week to receive new discs, although keep in mind that mine were being posted from Australia which is very close to NZ anyway.

4. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Thanks for the info! I'll keep you posted on my progress.

5. Lordtyrannusaurus

Lordtyrannusaurus Jedi Padawan

Oct 16, 2013
    Oh my goodness this is killing me!! Lol. But I am happy for you, and happy to hear at least those of you outside the U.S. are making progress.

6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

That's good to hear!

Progress at last!

7. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    Can I ask how they were packaged DS because I think my Postman is Ace Ventura.:)

8. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    So, guys, I have a question.

I got a new Bluray player, since I wanted one that could run a media server, and I know newer players don't always have the same issues as older players.

So, did anybody ever agree on a single spot in the discs where the audio was absolutely, undeniably off? I have the 1-5 set. I want to figure out what the deal is before I try to exchange my discs.

9. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

The Lawless episode was off. Most notable bit for me in that episode was when Satine says 'Don't listen to him, Obi'. That was the worst part of it as that was clearly out of sync. The whole episode is littered with errors so your best bet is to check that episode. Disc 2 seems to be the most affected but I recommend watching The Lawless and keeping an eye on that specific part during Satine's death scene.

10. DeviantSpirit

Sep 3, 2012

Haha, sure. They were in a very tightly sealed brown envelope and were each in two separate plastic sleeves that further protected them. From what I can tell, they were flawless.

11. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    That's slightly worrying for me as only yesterday I received an order in a tightly sealed brown envelope and the blue Blu-ray case was broken and the disc was rattling around inside it. How the disc wasn't damaged I don't know. If the TCW discs aren't even protected by a case I'm going to be nervous until I get them in-hand so I can check them out for myself.

12. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    I received my replacement discs today and they are perfect. I'm in the US and only gave my address last weekend. Mine arrived in a paper package with the discs in plastic cases. My original discs from the series 1-5 set would not even load in my player. The replacements were identical to my originals are far as the artwork and wording on the disc itself. My problems were only with the S5 discs.

13. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    Maybe you were including this, but were all of the numbers the same on the disc as well?

14. Lordtyrannusaurus

Oct 16, 2013
    That's great news! What website did you send your request to?

15. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Yes. The discs are identical other than the fact the ones I got with the set originally would not load.

16. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    The site was warnerblu.com. I went to the customer service section and there was a place to make comments. It took over a week to receive a reply so I posted a second comment and that was replied to within a couple days of the second comment. The reply asked for my address and said they would send corrected discs. About a week later I received the corrected discs. I don't know if it made a difference or not but I tried to remain both cordial and respectful in my comments. I said thank you in my response to the request for my address and even received a "you're very welcome" email in response.

17. Lordtyrannusaurus

Oct 16, 2013
    I too have been very polite and sent 3 messages to them through that site and have received nothing back. I don't know what is going on.

18. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

If email is not working, if you can phone up that would be better... You might get through to someone.

19. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Sent my second e-mail to WB USA. To those who are in the US and got a reply, do they require the discs to be sent to them first?

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So the Season 5 box set is under review on Amazon. I should wait to buy until the issue is fixed huh?

21. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    Personally, I would, just to be on the safe side. The sad part is that people are giving this title one star (out of five) on Amazon.co.uk because of the disc problems rather than the actual quality of the content. They are still selling this item as normal as well on the UK site despite the comments.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  22. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Nope. They just asked for my address and I got them in the mail.

23. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    I would. Unless you want to go through the frustration the rest of us who have had problems have. I feel fortunate my issues have been resolved. Sounds like I might be one of the lucky ones.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  24. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    I was originally informed by Warner UK that replacement discs could take up to three weeks, that time has passed and now I've just seen this comment over on Blu-ray.com:
    I was hoping to get my replacement disc before Christmas but it sounds like Warner UK aren't expecting their new discs anytime soon.:(

25. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

The key word there is 'could'. It sounds like this person on the forum who have got somewhere with Warner UK doesn't like them reworking just Disc 2. Since there is not sync problems on Disc 1 that have been reported then it makes sense for them to just rework Disc 2. This person clearly doesn't like the long wait and shows impatience despite the fact that they have actually got somewhere. This person is quite frankly ridiculous claiming that they aren't getting anywhere with the WB UK. They clearly have. The US discs were remanufactured for a different reason.

What has come of the world when people lack of the ability to be patient?

I'm still waiting for my discs but am I moaning about it? No.