main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Fast & The Furious (Fast X)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Oct 4, 2011.

1. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Yeah that's what I was basing it off of since Diesel wasn't credited for the Tokyo Drift cameo. I forgot about the shorts, though.

2. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    What was the last film Paul Walker watched?
    Catching Fire

epic likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    IMO the best performance that Paul Walker ever gave was in the 2006 action thriller Running Scared. A fantastic and criminally underrated movie. It's incredibly insane and difficult to watch at times, but he really showed in this movie how much talent he had playing a vulnerable and terrified person. Also I always love the part in the original F&F when he's on the phone and reveals to Dom who he really is. The facial expressions and the eyes really sell the scene.

I'm getting really depressed from typing all of that.:(

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Juke Skywalker likes this.
  5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Crap...truly the gods are cruel. Always taking the good guys earlier than they should, and leaving behind the pondscum to linger much longer.

Hey guys, why don't you give us back Mr. Walker and take a few others instead. There's plenty to choose from.

Juliet316 and Juke Skywalker like this.
  6. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    We could start an online petition to bring Paul Walker back to life. Those always work, right?

Juliet316 and Darth_Invidious like this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    If there's no way to complete the film other than to re-write it so that they kill off Walker's character in one of the already completed action scenes (which nobody wants to see) then I say scrap it, re-write it so that Brian O'Conner chooses to sit this one out and stay home with the family, salvage what you can from what has already been filmed and start over. That will likely mean tens of millions of dollars and delaying the release a year, but it's the right thing to do in that circumstance IMO.

Juliet316 and Draconarius like this.
  9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, as the article points out- Universal might not lose out from a restart due to insurance coverage on the budget.

10. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I probably would've noticed that had I actually read the article :p. But seriously, even more reason to do it if it's the best course of action.

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    They may not lose money, but depending on the production schedules of any other projects the actors have lined up (Stratham in particular), they may lose some of the actors if they have to completely start over. They may lose actors anyway depending on whether some of them still want to go on with this franchise following Walker's death and how he died.

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    They could just continue to film scenes that were meant for Paul Walker and just have no one there, so it looks as if every single character in the movie is talking to an invisible ghost.

Vin Diesel: We gotta avenge Han's death and go after Jason!
    The Rock: Yes we do!
    Michelle Rodriguez: Hell yes.
    Paul Walker:....
    Vin Diesel: The hell do you mean you sold all of our cars on Ebay?
    Paul Walker:...
    Vin Diesel: You thought you would get good deals from doing that? Have you learned anything?
    The Rock: Whoa man, put down the gun. We're just having a talk.
    Vin Diesel: Oh yeah? Well your mother drives Gremlin cars too!

heels1785 likes this.
  13. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    My naive personal wish is that the movie would be cancelled and that a coffee table sort of book be released with the complete script tons of stills from what had been produced. The table scene is just too good of a potential wrap for the series to let go, in my opinion.

Honestly, the main reason I was excited for this movie was the inclusion of Lucas Black and the tying into the Tokyo Drift storyline. I would have been pretty meh on the whole project had it not been for that.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They already gave us the Statham tease- they're not going to let the series end with revenge over Han's death left open ended.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  16. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    They could always go the dark route and have Statham kill off Brian in a similar way to Han. Make him the most successful villain in major Hollywood film history.

17. Condition2SQ

Sep 5, 2012
    That's just one short scene appended to the end of the movie. It would hardly require an earth-shaking retcon to scrap the tease. (Especially since that scene is itself a retcon in the first place!)

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I mean in terms of letting the dinner table scene end the series.

19. Condition2SQ

Sep 5, 2012
    Again, this is my naive wish; I don't know how complicated the logistics of actually doing so would be, but I would scrap the tease altogether from the DVD release and replace it with the Walker tribute posted above.

I am not in any way suggesting I think this could actually happen...if they even wanted to do it, it would most likely delay the DVD beyond Christmas, and that obviously can't happen. I just meant that if it were announced tomorrow that this is what's going to happen, I would find it to be the most satisfying of all of the bad options available in this horrible situation.

20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    They could also make a full-size Muppet of Brian if they don't want to do CGI.

21. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Had a thought the other day. Since they already filmed Han's funeral and it likely takes place right at the beginning, just film a new scene with Mia telling Dom that her & Brian are out because they have a new baby and can't risk the kid becoming an orphan. Done.

07jonesj likes this.
  22. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Apart from them having to rewrite and refilm much of what's already been completed. Just saying "done" doesn't really portray the magnitude of what would have to actually be done. :p

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    There's also the matter of Jordana Brewster currently in Texas shooting the next gen 'Dallas' series. Even if you did write that scene, there's the question of would TNT (which presently produces the show), let her go long enough to film it.

24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well what could happen is that Brian gets infected in some horrific chemical spill, so he and Jason Statham's character who is already unconscious have their brains surgically switched in order to keep Brian's mind.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That should be the plot to Crank 3.

Juliet316 likes this.