main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    halibut well since Moffat changed the way the series goes because he felt it getting predictable its no longer that way now. I mean Series 7 Christmas special was in the middle of it. And Series 8 will begin with the Christmas special.

2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh, good call. I forgot the audio story.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Now you're making me want it too.

Moffat's lied before, so I'll believe it when BBC actually puts out the S8 schedule next year.

5. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Juliet316 It could be one of those monster of the week filler episodes of Doctor Who.

6. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    [​IMG]

No reason for posting, I just thought it was "Awwwwwww!"

And I just watched Day of the Doctor. Bear in mind I've not been much of a Who fan for the past thirty years or so; Jon Pertwee was "my" doctor, I've only seen the odd scene or two from the Tennant/Smith era; honestly the last substantial Who I watched was Paul McGann's movie.

Day of the Doctor alternately made me raise an eyebrow, made me chuckle, moved me to tears in parts, and made me fistpump with joy when the Doctors did what they did to Gallifrey. That was awesome.

7. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Judging from what I read, I can imagine that the no-split thing and the next series starting new arcs would be met with great reception.

Tis a bit sad when you realize that Smith's Doctor will never find Gallifrey, particularly after that incredibly happy he look he gave at the end of Day of the Doctor. So I guess it'll be left up to Capaldi's Doctor then?

Random Comments likes this.
  8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    If they ever end the series permanently, maybe the very last scene would be of whomever is the current Doctor at that time standing on Gallifrey with all of his past incarnations, Eleven included.

PCCViking and Random Comments like this.
  9. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    This could describe me with a slight change: "my" doctor was Tom Baker. :D

Kenneth Morgan and Saintheart like this.
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Just because I felt the need to repost this (note: this is from 2009, well before Capaldi was cast as the Doctor. I'm still waiting for Ferguson to have him on again now that Capaldi's been cast as the Doctor):

Another BBC One trailer featuring Time of the Doctor clips. Of course now I can't get the song they played with the trailer out of my head.

V-2 likes this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    A note for UK fans - the December issue of Focus magazine is getting into the 50th anniversary act. They have a look at 'The Incredible Science of Doctor Who'. Topics include time travel, regeneration, nanotechnology, teleportation, and killer cyborgs.

Juliet316 and 07jonesj like this.
  12. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Oh crap. The Doctor is SOOOOOO sonic screwed.
    [​IMG]

KamSolusar and V-2 like this.
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Welp, maybe that soniced wooden door in the Day of the Doctor meant something afterall.

Darth Xalfrea likes this.
  14. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/matt-smith-is-final-doctor-56627.htm

The comments piss me off. Why must I always be part of fandoms that seem to extremely divisive on their creators and showrunners? It's getting tiring.

I haven't seen enough of the show to care about Moffat, and frankly after countless creator debates with other fandoms, I'll just leave Moffat to his devices and accept whatever comes my way. Will be interesting once I watch my full first show when August 2014 comes around.

15. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    It's not confusing. Smith is the Eleventh Doctor, ie the Eleventh with that name (which isn't even his own name). But he is the 13th incarnation of the character. Hurt and Tennant-Two weren't "The Doctor"

16. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Pffffffft. If the Time Lords can give the Master a new set of regenerations, the bloody Doctor should be able to get at least some.

It also seems pretty strongly implied that the "Curator" in the last few minutes of DotD is a future Doctor who's just taken on the Fourth Doctor's appearance again. If that's right then the Doctor's at least one or two lives over the normal limit.

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, Moffat lies and misdirects all the time (which is apropos that he would have the Doctor's Rule One be: The Doctor lies). So I've gotten used to it and just go along for the ride.

And yeah the divisiveness between those who think Moffat can do no wrong and those who think he's a sexist, racist, homophobic devil who has 'ruined Doctor Who forever' has gotten out of hand.(For the record: I tend to fall somewhere in the middle. Moffat's stories can tend to veer off sometimes [see Season 6.5] and he could stand to do more character driven stories more, but the quality of Who IMO is no worse than when RTD helmed it. Just a bit different.)

18. halibut

Aug 27, 2000

I confused as to why you put "Eleven included". Is there any reason he wouldn't be?

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That was more to Darth Xalfrea's point about Eleven never finding Gallifrey before he regenerates.

halibut likes this.
  20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, funnily enough the Valeyard was originally going to be the Doctor's body snatching regeneration, analogous to the manner in which we got the Ainley Master...

21. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Rumour

Christopher Eccleston provisionally agreed to appear in Doctor Who‘s 50th anniversary special The Day of the Doctor a source has told DWA.
    After “amicable” meetings between ninth Doctor actor Eccleston and producer Steven Moffat at the start of the year, Chris agreed to partake in the special given certain creative input, primarily that Moffat consider the appointment of Joe Aherne as director.

http://doctorwhoarchive.com/2013/12...y-agreed-to-return-to-doctor-who-source-says/

22. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Darth Xalfrea I had already posted that particular picture from The Time of The Doctor a few pages ago but people were too preoccupied with something else to acknowledge such an interesting photo when I did it. To me its interesting to me how much the makers of Doctor Who continue to change
    How big of a threat the Cybermen become. In Nightmare in Silver they were upgraded so much they could run so fast that time has almost stopped and now there is a wooden Cyberman so perhaps The Doctor cannot sonic it.

23. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007

Can't possibly agree with this. Day of the Doctor was ALL ABOUT making John Hurt's character The Doctor. Fully. T-2 I would say probably wasn't. But Hurt most definitely was.

Also on the Christopher Eccleston rumour, it seems legit to me, and I totally agree with Moffat's decision. I don't think Eccleston should be able to barge in and choose the director for the special, that's not his job. If it came down to that one point, then Eccleston can piss right off.

07jonesj likes this.
  24. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I rather dislike the visual look of Series 1 (and Series 2 to an extent - both often looked as if they were shot through a filter that made everything shiny and sparkly), so in this aspect I'm glad Eccleston didn't get his way.

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm disinclined to believe that rumor, mostly because it too easily fits into the "Christopher Eccleston is the villain" narrative regarding his not participating; not to mention wanting one of the old directors seemingly contradicts his rationale for leaving. It could be true, but I'd be somewhat surprised.

But once he actually is salvaged and can become the Doctor again, he regenerates - even pointing out that it makes sense that he'd do so. War Doctor no more, if you will. :p

Saintheart and V-2 like this.