main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Not quite.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
  3. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    As well as:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Count Yubnub likes this.
  4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    the 3:10 to yuma remake was fun, and i'm one of the few who loved peter jackson's king kong.

jp-30 and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    My roommates and I are currently watching the Harry Potter series in order. We watched Prisoner of Azkaban the other night. I wanted to this to myself:

[​IMG]

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That's worse than doing a LOTR marathon.

7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    The Kentucky Fried Movie (1977) - Dated and uneven, but it made me laugh. Heck, it's worth watching it for Catholic High School Girls In Trouble alone. Thank you, Samuel L. Bronkowitz. - 6/10

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I think the trio of Crowe, Bale and Foster are literally exquisite. Those performances are just incredible. It's been a while since I've seen the three leads in a movie all be that excellent.

And Jackson's King Kong is another good one. I actually really loved it too. It doesn't replace the original, but, in it's own way, it's just as breathtaking. I mean, King Kong fights two T. Rexes. While they're all swinging through the air. I mean, ****. If you can't love that, you're just being too self-serious. :p

9. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Wolverine: Tokyo Drift

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Day The Earth Stood Still. The original only version.

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Meh, I think it's fairly dated with some atrocious dialogue. The Keanu Reeves version is stupid and offensively bad, but it looks pretty! As far as 1950's sci-fi movies go, I would probably consider Forbidden Planet the best of that decade.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh! Suddenly, I see it your way...

13. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Which version, though? The original Ralph Bakshi one, or the Peter Jackson remake? [face_plain]

jp-30 and Sarge like this.
  14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I worded that all badly didn't I? Oops.

15. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    The last tv show I watched yesturday was, finishing off the Season Five of Sons of Anarchy. Great show and its so good you could almost relate to the biker gang memebers and the club itself despite the horrible things they do, like the sopronos excepts its white trash guys on motorcyles.

And I just started to watch Strike Back and its a good show but it does not compare or beat homeland but its still a good show if you like War On Terror shows but I hope one day they well make a season three for Sleeper cell.

EDIT: Movie wise I can't remember what one I watched yet.

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This version was amazing. Not as good as the story but still really good.

17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    It's got that really stark black and white look and that wonderful Hermann score. The dialogue is patchy and Michael Rennie is pretty wooden (luckily, they guarded against this problem in the remake by casting . . . KEANU REEVES?!?!), but it's an enjoyable movie. Forbidden Planet is better though, I agree.

18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    It's got that really stark black and white look and that wonderful Hermann score. The dialogue is patchy and Michael Rennie is pretty wooden (luckily, they guarded against this problem in the remake by casting . . . KEANU REEVES?!?!), but it's an enjoyable movie. Forbidden Planet is better though, I agree.

19. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Pretty much sums it up.

I love fifties Sci-Fi. They were the only films allowed to ridicule how ridiculous the Cold War paranoia and fear could be without being brought before McCarthy.

20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Argo (2012) - Tense, immersive and surprisingly funny at times. The fantastic supporting cast really take this up a notch. Best Picture of '12? Not sure about that, but it's a good one. - 7/10

21. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I can't believe I haven't seen 3:10 to Yuma yet. I need to rectify that.

As for Jackson's Kong, yeah, it had its moments. But that fight. Damn. I loved how at the end he thumps his chest and bellows triumphantly, as if saying "**** yeah, THAT just happened!"

22. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    I think 'Argo' is a phenomenal film that gives into really easy conventional thriller choices to wrap up the film

23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, there were definitely things in the final act that felt like a bit of a concession to conventional thriller tropes, but it's pulled off pretty well, and I gave Affleck some slack because he eschewed that sort of stuff for the bulk of the film.

24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Dead Again (1991)

A rather brilliant little thriller that has three actors I like very much, Kenneth Branagh, Derek Jacobi, and Emma Thompson. Man, has Emma aged gracefully.

Kenneth Morgan likes this.
  25. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002

It's trippy for sure. It's kind of brilliant and crazy to do this kind of thriller about reincarnation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.