main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Disney/Pixar Movies Thread (for anything non-Marvel/SW)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Elimination. Lack of education.

HL&S likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yes.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Wow, that was much more depressing than I thought it would be!

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It is your destiny.

5. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    They changed Mary Poppins from what I understand.

7. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I haven't actually read any of these, but this is what I heard about the original stories: in Snow White to be the fairest in the land the Wicked Witch cuts off and wears Snow's face over her own face; in Sleeping Beauty the prince rapes her to wake her up; at the end of Pocahontas the white men kill all of the native americans and then take all of their land; Dumbo gets his ears chopped off so he can't fly, then, later, after living a horribly miserable life in circus captivity, poachers kill him for his tusks; Peter Pan actually kidnaps Wendy and the boys against their will, then he sends them all to be slaughtered at the hands of full grown pirates, Peter can't even remember why he's fighting Hook, and doesn't seem to actively care; in Bambi, his father, realizing that Bambi represents a threat to his crown, challenges him to a duel, which Bambi wins, and is then forced to kill his own father; at the end of Alice in Wonderland she wakes up in a psychiatric hospital because it turns out her father's friend has been drugging and raping her; after Simba defeats Scar, he and the rest of the pride devour the hyenas for sustenance. There are more, I'm sure, but that's just what I heard.

Bacon164 likes this.
  8. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I like the idea of Simba eating the hyenas that ate Scar.

9. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    The only story I read that inspired a Disney movie was Rapunzel, and yeah, I actually loved the changes made there. At this point it's just best to accept that any changes that happen is just a Disney thing.

Exceeeeeept maybe for Big Hero 6, what with that one being the most recent source material for a Disney movie, and a Marvel comic book at that.

I took a gander at the cut tracks from the Frozen soundtrack and...yeah, good thing these weren't in there. If Frozen ended up following the original screenplay, I don't think I would've liked it as much as I do.

10. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    This is definitely my favorite part of the movie. It was very moving and upbeat song about declaring freedom. I also found it very touching that Elsa had hid her powers her entire life and could still learn to embrace them.

11. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    I used to watch Enchanted Christmas every year during the Christmas holidays until I ditched my DTV VHS tapes.

Speaking of the DTV sequels, if they had been given more effort and put out by the main studio instead of DisneyToons from the start, no matter if they were included in the canon or not, could they have been more accepted and not smeared the Disney brand so much?

12. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Disney movies are good for only one thing. They dumb down classic stories or adapt classic stories into a dumbed down version for children or adults with drooling problems.

13. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    lol. I would also highly recommend people actually read the Snow Queen (the one that Frozen is based on)....it's an incredibly beautiful story that's been butchered to death.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Aren't all Hans Christian Anderson stories brutally depressing though?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    It was one I resisted seeing for a while as I didn't think the trailer was very interesting, but once I finally did I wished I hadn't waited. I hadn't enjoyed a Disney movie that much in a long time, still haven't really (I haven't seen Frozen yet). Granted, I saw it in a friends home 3D theater, so I still got the whole experience with being able to pause and not have to deal with other people. ;)

Someone was talking DTV Disney, Lion King 1 1/2 was fantastic was one of those that was absolutely fantastic! The Lion King is one of my favorite Disney movies and that comes in close to it, IMO.

16. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Tangled is an awesome movie. My daughter watches it all the time and knows all the words to each song. That said, I've since had to get the soundtrack so she can listen (and sing) to it every time we're driving somewhere.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Since Star Trek Insurrection is on cable rotation this month for some reason: that moment when you realize that Picard's love interest in that crappy Trek film is Mother Goethals...

18. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

So are the Brothers Grimm. Cinderella's evil stepsisters get their eyes gouged out by birds at Cinderella's wedding, and then there's Ariel being told that she'll die if the Prince doesn't fall in love with her, oh and did I mention that she's told that she'll turn back into mermaid if she murders the Prince.

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah and she turns into foam anyway. What do you think of that kids?!

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    But her immortal soul is saved or some crap, so it's all good.

21. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    So by your definition, all of us who enjoy these films are either children or drooling adults?

You sure must be the life of the party.

22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No it's only saved if all of the children of the world don't weep or do weep, I don't exactly remember. Either way, she screwed.

23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Nah, The Ice Queen is pretty uplifting.

24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    But doesn't she die in the end?

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    No one dies in the end.