main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sith's Xmas Spectacular 12/14/13 - December Meeting - 1 pm Thorntonfest, 2:30 meeting

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by SITH__CHICK, Nov 15, 2013.

1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Food first is not going to work, period! People arrive at different times, who the hell eats dinner at 2pm or lunch for that matter. I suggest people eat lunch before you come, potluck should substitute for your dinner.

My thoughts were, 2pm normal time for people to arrive, if you want to go to Winterfest arrive at 1pm. I think people with kids might like this, let the kids get their excitement out before being cooped up in a house with the adults. We can stay and hour or hour and a half and by the time we get back everyone should be there to start the meeting or gift exchange.

There will be chips and other munchies to tide you over, if your lunch didn't fulfill your hunger, until we eat at a normal-ish time of day, say dinner time.

If we have the meeting while handing out # for the gift exchange we should be able to eat at 4, 5 the latest.

Then if we feel like it we can bundle up and go back over to Winterfest for those that want to.

Winterfest is just an option, we don't have to go, it won't hurt my feelers if we don't, haven't gone but once in my 15 years here. There should be fireworks that we might be able to see from our front yard.

Up for whatever except food first.

QueenHighMistress and nnaydolem like this.
  2. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    wish I could come. :(

SITH__CHICK likes this.
  3. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Remember this RMFF Xmas night? [face_laugh]
    [​IMG]

4. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Me, too. [:D]

SITH__CHICK likes this.
  5. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003

Me too. :(

SITH__CHICK likes this.
  6. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I wish you both could be here. I miss you. =((
    [:D]

SITH__CHICK and gra-co_o_hun like this.
  7. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    What time does the meeting start? 2or 3? Just trying to plan ;)

8. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Well, if dinner is that late I can't participate in the food part since I have to leave early for a HUGE catered dinner. This could have been nice as a late lunch around 2:00pm. Lots of people eat late lunches (I usually eat around 3:00pm at work as my big lunch/dinner meal of the day). I don't have "normal" eating hours, whatever that is, and I don't know anybody who has "normal" eating hours. I don't eat chips anymore so munchies is out for me. I won't have time to eat a big lunch. I guess I can hit Subway on the way and eat that during the meeting. Since I can't participate in the "dinner" part I won't waste time getting up early to make homemade Italian bread. It looks like everyone is bringing bread anyway. Oh well, I can't help it if I have a full social schedule. It would have been nice if the eating part was earlier so those of us who have other commitments that night can do both. Work holiday parties are VERY important. Besides, you did say at the last meeting that everything was going to be done early so you can go to the Winterfest later that night. I'll be there for the meeting only if you're plans have changed.

9. Sandy_Gina

Sandy_Gina Jedi Padawan

Feb 15, 2011
  10. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    "You can make some of the people happy all of the time and all of the people happy some of the time, but you can't make all of the people happy all of the time."
    -Abraham Lincoln

catz44 likes this.
  11. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    We plan on bringing homemade hummus, veggies, and cookies of some sort.

12. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    The meeting part should be short, I think voting needs to go on, so meeting first? 2pm to get things rolling.

13. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002

WOW - If you could tell me how you really feel. PM would have been nice.

This is our Holiday event, not so much a meeting and over the last 11 years we've turned it into a pretty huge deal. I understand people have a lots of commitments during this time and need to make small (or large) sacrifices to appease everyone and I understand your disappointment on not being available to do them all.
    I've asked people to discuss how we would want to handle the schedule, I'm fine for pretty much anything and if you would have PM'd me, I would have made sure you could eat early but all I could guarantee would be spaghetti because that is the only thing we are responsible for. The reason I don't want to eat at 2pm is because some people are not getting there with their items until 2:30 or 3, some 4pm. I would hate for 1/2 the people to eat the main dish and that is all and the other 1/2 get none.
    I'm open for whatever but slinging this negative speal on 'normal' and making me feel bad about trying to accommodate most everyone and I know you really wanted to do the gift exchange, something will need to be left of the to-do list for more than one person I'm sure.

My question for you is, do you want to miss the food or the gift exchange? You are the person I had in minds when I said gift exchange first knowing you had to leave early from your comments during the Thanksgiving meeting.

14. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Here's the deal... No one HAS to do anything. Life is all about choices, and when you have lots of choices, instead of being angry about it, be grateful. Your life is so blessed that you have to choose between one awesome thing and another!

The holiday party has always been about what is easiest for the host. It's their house, their generosity, and for a huge group like this, that's a big imposition. I wouldn't go to a big party at anyone's house at any other time and demand that they make accommodations for my schedule, so I certainly wouldn't think about doing that here. It's not about me. I am simply choosing to spend some of my time with a specific group of people, and because I value that experience, I will take what I can fit into my busy holiday schedule.

I hope to be there early and will try to help out as possible with the setup. I have a gift for the exchange, but if it doesn't happen while I am there, I will choose a proxy to enjoy the fun for me. I won't be doing the Winterfest, because me and walking are really not friends at the moment, but that doesn't mean anyone else should miss out if that's what they choose to do.

15. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    It's likely that I won't do Winterfest, as cold and movement are two things my body hates right now, but I can couchwarm with Zoo, and Dan and whomever else, or have Jeff show me neat stuff in the garage. You all know I won't be early, but I have an appointment to drop off zines at the Denver Zine Library around 1:30, and it's on the way. So I should be close to on time. ;)

(I'm not going to my work party this year, even though it's the night before. My choices have to consider a given amout of time, since my body can only do so much before I flare. I have a bday party in Springs on Sunday for a little girl who just lost her grandma and I haven't seen the family in months, so something had to go. Work party was least important to me.)

Kimmy, let me know if there's something you need picked up at the store on Saturday, and I'll grab it on my way!

16. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    If you wouldn't mind stopping by Sonic and getting 2 bags of ice? It's on the corner of 104th and Colorado, you can turn on the light before Colorado and it's in the shopping center on the left.
    Thanks so much.

17. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Sure! No problem.

18. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    dh & s__c - spaghetti sauce, mild and angry, pasta and salad
    Catz - Garlic bread and dessert
    FF & jt - bread sticks
    Q - ice
    Becca - homemade hummus, veggies, and cookies of some sort
    ZOO - Big TREE :D
    Dan - Stuffed Shells
    Jawa - Bread

19. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Since bread is a popular item to bring ;). We can bring something else. It has to be store bought though since I will have no kitchen ;). Any suggestions?

20. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i will be there...not quite sure about winterfest, after sunday i've had enough cold ATM. :)

catz44 likes this.
  21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Dessert?

22. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I was already bringing dessert and garlic bread. I am looking for something to replace the garlic bread ;).
    So dessert won't work :p

23. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    PIZZA rolls..that is Italian right?

24. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Double dessert!

FanForced and catz44 like this.
  25. catz44