main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm okay with Brainiac over Mr. Sinister...

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I wouldn't like Essex-as-Sinister, either (although he would work as a Horseman, I suppose), but the idea of an evil geneticist fits in the movie X-Men mythos.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Isn't Mr. Sinister one of the more famous X-Men villains?

4. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I want the X-Men to fight the Shi'ar Imperial Guard on the Blue-Area of the Moon in the ruins of that ancient Kree city while the Watcher (played by David Hyde-Pierce in a bald-cap and a towel) observes them from his house next door and pontificates upon the ramifications of this conflict and what it means for Earth and its evolutionary development.

It would be like Hunger Games x 1000!

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Yes. In fact I think he was ranked #2 in a poll of Greatest X-Men villains (after Magneto) and Apocalypse was 3rd

6. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Magneto isn't really a villain. He just has anger/mommy issues and is misunderstood. All he needs is a hug and a cookie.

7. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Apocalypse is more like the X-Men version of Thanos/Darkseid, Sinister is more unique. Just he's too obsessed on Cyclops and Jean's mate.

8. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Where did the Living Monolith and Sauron the Pterodactyl Guy rank on this so-called Greatest X-Men Villains poll?

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Magneto may not be really evil like Sinister or Apocalypse, but he is bad and he would wipe out the human race if he could.
    The only reason he doesn't side with a guy like Apocalypse is because he wants to destroy both mutants and humans.

10. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    But Mister Sinister looks suspiciously like the lead-singer in a KISS tribute band. He's second-rate.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't know.

But Marvel.com did a Top 10 years ago in which Sinister was 6th & Apocalypse 3rd (still behind Magneto of course). He also ranked lower than Apocalypse in the Greatest Comic-book villains thing IGN did, in which Magneto and Joker were the top 2

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well this is mainly because humans have been meanies towards mutants, at least, as far as the movies are concerned.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Fair enough, but that is no reason to engage in violence and attempted genocide towards them.

14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He looks like Dracula in the old animated series.

15. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    He looked stupid because he was supposed to look stupid, and to have a stupid name, because... because I've probably told this tale several times in this same thread.

I really like the current version of the character, though.

16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    What happened to Emma? She was freed by Magneto in the end of First Class then? It will be cool to see her fight Sinister with similar ability.

17. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    YOU'RE NOT GETTING SINISTER EITHER. THE GODS HAVE DECREED SO!

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Can we get a Mr. Sinister / Brainiac team-up / buddy-cop road film with a Midnight Run vibe?

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Only if they end it like Thelma and Louise. Kiss included.:p

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The movie did fairly decent numbers and would have done more if it had more action scenes in it. Course, it also didn't help that the studio was tacking on sixty million dollars from all the previous attempts at making a Superman film.

Indeed. See when he caused a massive EMP that shut down the planet for a few days, as well as harmed and killed quite a few people. Or later on when he screwed up the Earth's magnetic poles. Not to mention ripping out Logan's Adamantium and before it was retconned, what he did at the end of Morrison's X-Men run.

True, though only so that the strong would survive.

Because he was originally supposed to be a kid who made himself look like he does as Sinister.

She got knocked up by the director (Vaughn) and pretty much opted not to come back.

21. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    So I heard that Hugh Jackman may not wanna sign on for the next Wolverine flick could the X-Men film franchise do well without him as Wolverine or without him as main focus of the films? First Class to me did show that its possible but could they do so with the more present day X-Men films?

22. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It seems that "Apocalypse" will probably continue on from the 1970's era, rather than take place in the 21st century. The principles were signed to three films back in 2010. The next Wolverine film is in development at the script stage and he might not do that film. Odds are that recasting will take place should he opt out. Jackman has been going by a film by film contract based on how he came into "First Class" and "Days Of Future Past".

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    She went to work for Don Draper.

24. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    darth-sinister who could replace Hugh Jackman as Wolverine considering fans see him as Wolverine and no one else?

25. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Depends on who's writing him. Morrison's Magneto, yes. X2's Magneto, yes (although that never really made sense to me. like, how is instantly wiping out 99% of the population going to help the remaining mutants?) Ultimate Magneto I don't know much about. But I'd say 616 Magneto, thought he's killed a lot of people, has no desire to wipe out the human race. He usually just wants to subjugate it to "protect" mutants.