main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Fast & The Furious (Fast X)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Oct 4, 2011.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Considering they brought a character back from the dead and were veering towards sci - fiish elements (sans aliens) in the last movie, might as well go full hog. :p

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I dunno, with that bridge/hood jump-catch, I would have said they were veering more towards superhero than sci-fi ;).

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Having a scene that affects the main character and his family but not having him present would be ridiculous. "Brian's just in the kitchen, Dom, sorry he can't come to the phone. Yeah, we're out of the game, sorry, we need to focus on our family (even though the last few movies have really played up the idea that we're all a big family) and raise our child."

That would also remove Jordana Brewster from the series, which, granted, she's not been given a lot to do in the last movie or two, but the point is it's awkward to move forward right this second with production trying to explain Paul Walker's absence.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well then, they could go full-on supernatural then and have something like this happen to Brian:

[​IMG]

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Universal will be donating a precentage of the F&F 6 DVD profits to Paul Walker's charity. May not matter to some though since somebody at Universal put the whole movie on the company's Fast and Furious YouTube Channel.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    That's very cool. I have no doubt it's going to be a big seller. For one thing, it took forever for it to hit DVD, at least by modern standards, where the turn around on these things is much shorter than it used to be (Not sure if they made it availible for digital download) and fans are chomping at the bit for it. And being released so close to the holidays won't hurt. And, of course, Walker's death will raise its profile that much more.

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Why has it taken so long to come to Blu-Ray/DVD in the US? I bought the extended edition on Blu-Ray here in the UK back in September.

8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, did it really? Honestly now I have no idea. I chalked it up to Universal wanting to cash in on the Christmas gift giving season, but then why relese it everywhere else months in advance?

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Probably because not everybody else worships the Holiday Shopping season like the US does.:p

Serious answer: My guess would be that if there were any 80's/early 90's songs in the film (and I think there were a few), then it probably came down copyright/royalty issues that had to be worked out so they could either be used in the DVD/Blu-Ray release or Universal could find some that they could use in the DVD/Blu-Ray release (it's pretty much the reason why it's taken so long for many 80s/90's TV Shows to come to DVD/Blu - Ray. I'm guessing overseas releases don't have those same issues.

07jonesj likes this.
  10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

It just came out today in Canada

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There's no way Universal didn't secure video release rights in advance to the soundtrack used in what they to be their biggest film if the year.

The reason 90's and prior TV shows have that problem is because it never occurred to them that, in the age of expensive niche VHS sets, that there's be a non-broadcast market for most of these shows to be released for, so they never secured those rights.

In contrast to 2013, where video sales are practically counted on for profit margins.

I think the holiday release period sounds about right as far as an explanation goes. Same thing goes for films that try to come out on video the day after Xmas- they want to cash in on people's gift cards and return credits.

The advanced release in other regions is the oddity, really.

07jonesj likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Still no news on whether or not the release date is being moved...

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Wouldn't surprise me to see them start from scratch for Fast 7

14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well how much more footage do they need for Paul Walker's character?

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Not quite sure.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The reports said that the post-thanksgiving shoot was mostly Walker's stuff so it sounds like around half of his stuff was shot at most.

17. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I read yesterday that Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes moved its release date up one week to the spot still tentatively held by F&F7, which leads me to believe they'll be vacating it, or at least 20th Century Fox thinks they will.

18. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    There's a preview scene of Han's funeral on the Blu-Ray for F&F 6. Normally it would be a great preview, but given what's happened and some of the lines Brian has, it's kind of hard to watch.

One exchange that stands out:

Roman: I can't do any more funerals, man.

Brian: No, there's gonna be one more funeral. His (Statham).

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I really hope they don't scrap the project altogether. Not when they're this far.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  21. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
  22. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I think this is a good idea if it works out. I'm sure Paul Walker would've wanted his work finished rather than scrapped.

23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
  24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    There are some hilarious rumors that Justin Bieber would play the Brian role.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Which thankfully aren't true

Juliet316 likes this.