main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Literature member interviews

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    RC-1991 What is your favorite mode of transportation?

Favorite school subject?

Least favorite noise?

Least favorite TV show genre?

Favorite color?

2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Pars III

A) I do rather enjoy riding around in the back of a pickup on backroads in West Virginia.

B) History, naturally. I can always enjoy a history class. Archaeo and Religious Studies are competing for runner-up.

C) Retail customers. I worked a few summers and winter breaks as a cashier. There's just this tone that customers get when they decide that you are inherently inferior and it takes all of my willpower to not turn a Barbie Doll into an impromptu gladius.

D) Anything the "History" channel does nowadays. Somehow, I doubt that Nostradamus and the Aliens helped Hitler start the Holocaust, only to be thwarted by Ice Road Truckers and the Pawn Stars.

E) Green!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    RC-1991 19. If you could live on any planet in the GFFA, what would that be?

20. What would you do if you won the lottery?

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    *coughetesalariescough*

5. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    19. Obroa-Skai- can't resist the Celebratus Archives. Alternatively, I could see myself working at the University of Sanbra in the xenoarchaeology or galactic history sections.

20. Well, I'd pay off my student loans, pay for my sister's college education, pay for my grad school education, (I'm assuming I win some giant powerball prize), set up my parents for life, set myself up for life, start a family, donate some of the money to charity, and basically fund my own research regardless of whether or not I attain a university faculty position. Probably build my own house as well.

Either that, or I hire mercenaries, sail for Scotland, declare my intention to press a very, very, very distant claim to the Scottish throne, declare myself King in the North, and spend the rest of my days ruling Scotland while cosplaying Robb Stark/Roose Bolton/Macbeth. So Crusader Kings 2 IRL.

6. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009

Oh, demanding tribute from your peons, are you? :p

7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  8. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    RC-1991 21. What's the funniest thing you've ever seen/done?

22. If time travel were possible, what is the one period of time/year/specific event you would want to travel to most?

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

History Channel... wtf. W. T. F. Ancient Aliens alone has brought racism into a new age.

10. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't understand the History Channel anymore, they hardly show anything history related, Pawn Stars only vaguely applies because a lot of historical items do come through the pawn shop.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ah, a fellow cross country fellow. Fun sport. Or was, when I still did it.

And I remain distressed by your dislike of the Aeneid, and even more distressed by your appreciation of Catullus. If you must enjoy elegy -- and believe me, I do -- wouldn't you read someone rather more refined and urbane like Ovid? :p

12. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    21. When I was in first grade, I stuck a pencil eraser in my ear. My only explanation is that I was an extremely bored, extremely ADHD 6-year old.

22. I have a few. First of all, Roman Italy in the years leading up to the Social War. Might as well use time travel to gather support for that capstone paper I wrote last year! And then vacation in the terminal period of the Roman Republic for a while- jump around and see the Civil Wars and the rise of Augustus firsthand. And practice my Latin a bit.

Second, the West Indies circa 1716 or so. Get me some authentic pirate rum.

Third, Classical period Mesoamerica. I'd visit Monte Alban, Tikal, Teotihuacan, and the rest of the region.

Barriss_Coffee heh, last semester we spent the better part of a week in my Archaeology of Primary States class discussing why Chariots of the Gods and its sordid spin-offs are revoltingly racist. "None of these dark people could have possibly built any of these structures! It was aliens!"

@GrandAdmiralJello- come now, half of the fun of Catullus is his bawdiness. Although I'll admit Ovid can be quite... titillating.

13. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    And that's the end of the interview! Give a hand for RC-1991. =D= In a day or so we'll continue with Sniper_Wolf.

In the meantime, the floor is now open for anyone else to ask RC any questions.

14. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Better idea: press my claim, and you won't even have to forge it. :p

15. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009

Hey now, the very MacGregor clan motto translates to "Royal is my blood"! We can claim descent from Siol MacAlpin himself, thank you very much!

Although I'm pretty sure a lot of my ancestors ended up being horse thieves and ruffians after the King of England outlawed them :p

16. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Dunkelds > MacAlpins.

Point Given likes this.
  17. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    RC, you history buff -- have you ever considered doing anything with archaeology? Something maybe around the Mediterranean, if your interests side with the Classics?

18. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009

I've been debating it. My main hangup is that I find the methodology of history proper more engaging than the methodology of archaeology, even as I acknowledge that archaeology is hugely useful in understanding the past, and is underappreciated by many historians. The greatest strength and weakness of my capstone paper was the archaeological evidence.

If I decide to specialize in either the Italic cultures or, say, Punic North Africa, I'd pretty much have to approach that from an archaeological perspective. Seeing as we have no written Italic records, other than the occasional inscription.

19. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    RC-1991 why is your avatar Mac Tonight?

20. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009

How DARE you pay such an insult to the panoply of the Ordinators of the Tribunal Temple! I'M WATCHING YOU, OUTLANDER.

21. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Oh good heavens -- of all places to possibly work these days, you choose North Africa?! You wanna end up Lawrence of the Sahara? :p

22. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    I hear Libya is just *magical* this time of the decade! :p

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Here is one who don't get the joke, som my question to RC-1991 is: were is your avatar from?

24. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009

It's concept art for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Specifically, it depicts an Ordinator, one of the holy warriors of the Dark Elven religion, the Tribunal Temple.

25. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    RC, you're into Elder Scrolls and a bunch of other franchises. If you had to live in a fictional universe, any fictional universe, which would it be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.