main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph X-Men Movies & TV - Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Oct 6, 2010.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I thought his overall characterization at the end of First Class was incredibly flawed and made almost no sense.

2. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    In what way?

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

No idea, but it can be done. A lot of people see an actor as a character and they've been recast. A lot of people still like Keaton's Batman, but it didn't stop Bale from becoming just as liked. Now we have Affleck. Many still see Connery as the best Bond, but we have Craig and all the others inbetween.

4. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Though Jackman's star-quality is undeniable, he's hardly been the perfect comic-book adaptation of Wolverine. This has mainly been down to the scripts of all the X-Men movies, which have tried to portray him as a wounded loner and romantic hero rather than the psycho redneck of the early years or the failed samurai of modern Wolverine. There is still plenty of room to improve on the cinematic Wolverine, and the X-Men in general.

5. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Actually I think he's cooler than the comic Wolverine, the comic one was too short and a bit annoying.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    First Class showed it's possible to do a very good X-Men movie without Wolverine and it will be popular. If Jackman doesn't want to do the role anymore, why not simply kill him off as actually happens in DOFP?
    Given the wealth of characters in the series and from the X-Force tie-in he can easily be replaced with some other character.

Rebel_Padawan likes this.
  7. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Edit:
    Never mind

8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Cyclops became the REAL leader?

9. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    So I just saw The Wolverine and I know I am kind of late to that party of people who watched it but I really enjoyed it. And now I get why Xavier is back well not entirely actually but I hope its explained in Days of Futures Past on how Professor X is back. But I see now its not really overlooking X-Men 3 and now I understand a lot of what we saw in X-Men 3. Like we knew Magneto was gonna get his powers back from the chess piece slightly moving at the end of X-Men 3 and I now get why Xavier was smiling when Jean was killing him and he said don't worry he must have done something with his powers to keep himself alive.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, in this version of DOFP he's the time traveler, so that may complicate things.

Explained in the after-credits scene of X-Men 3, which is set up earlier in the film. Singer may have changed things somewhat, though.

11. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Yeah I just remembered that particular scene but that's because its been years since I saw X-Men 3. It was easy to remember the Magneto scene since it stayed so fresh in my mind because I felt there was gonna be another X-Men film and many years later as you can see we are getting one.

12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    What is Kitty Pryde going to do then?

13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    LOL. Seriously?

14. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    So if Rogue is in this how is it explained how she if she does still have her powers? That they went with the 2nd ending to Rogue taking or not taking the cure and she didn't take the cure?

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

No, not seriously. It's Hollywood gossip and not confirmed as far as I know...

16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I do like January Jones' Emma.

17. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    The same way Magneto still has his powers. The cure wasn't permanent. In the final shot of X3 you can see them starting to return as he makes a chess piece wobble.

18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Make sweet, sweet love to Bobby.

19. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    Darth-Lando Yeah I know I referenced that scene earlier but I wasn't sure if it was just Magneto since he is such a powerful mutant or what. So jw is Mystique gonna be in this more specifically older mystique not young mystique played by Jennifer Lawrence?

20. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Just young Mystique. She filmed with the First Class peeps.

21. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    I thought so and I have a real quick question related to The Wolverine film does the alternate ending scene mean anything for the next Wolverine film or was that just a gift for fans to geek about?

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Bobby's much too cold to allow that to happen.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Gift for fans, in theory...

24. Kran Starborn

Jul 19, 2013
    dp4m Because obviously the yellow spandexed wolverine couldn't work movie wise at least with how it looks?

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

http://screenrant.com/hugh-jackman-the-wolverine-classic-costume-comics/

That article discusses it. Given we don't see him in any costumes in the future sequences of DOFP it's unlikely there. Possible for Wolverine 3, but even so... not sure...