main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VII and... The Netherworlds?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HegoDamask, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Technically that's incorrect. George wrote the treatment for the whole ST, so Episodes 8 & 9 will be directly from him. How much consultation he will do for them remains to be seen. Although I doubt very much that George is completely retired. I think he will always be willing to offer his insight to the makers of Star Wars.

2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I've read about the "lost missions" episodes from TCW. The Yoda arc sounds fantastic.

Circular Logic, TKT and Immortiss like this.
  3. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, you're right and that's what I meant about Episode VII, I should have stated VIII and IX, too. However, Lucas had his hands all over TCW and apparently he won't be working in the same capacity on REBELS and Filoni took the handoff from Lucas. That's what I understand and that's largely what I meant in the post. STOP PICKING ON ME!:p

Dra--- and Echo-07 like this.
  4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    ^ Sorry. :p

No news . . . the board is so slow, I can't find anything to discuss.

Immortiss likes this.
  5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    You could always discuss Plagueis. 8-}

Immortiss, Dra--- and TKT like this.
  6. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    For my Sidious talk, I've managed to carefully avoid discussing Plagueis.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    ^ Make that for ALL my Sidious talk... I'm stuck with a different computer at the moment and I have a bad tendency to lose entire words (or more) on this thing.

Dra--- likes this.
  8. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
  9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I've been studying Greek myth lately (a subject I am sorely lacking) and I found it interesting that Hades isn't just a place but a chap that governs the place. Which made me wonder if Chaos, the Sith hole of the Netherworld, would have a ruler?

And the Netherworld proper -- might it have a ruler or rulers as well?

Celestials? Whills? Something new?

Who or what would govern Chaos? Could a powerful Sith defeat and displace the ruling entity there? I watch a lot of Supernatural, so it seems very plausible to me.

EDIT: Ass Hat

Circular Logic and Mystery_Roach like this.
  10. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Very interesting points. I was quite the Greek mythology buff back when I was a kid, so this is also a subject of much interest to me. In fact, to the Naboo, Chaos is literally an analogy to Tartarus (a pit of eternal punishment) in the Greek Underworld, as I pointed out in the Darth Plagueis discussion thread in the Literature forum:

According to folklore, House Palpatine was one of the six gates of Chaos. My guess is that there are five other Houses on Naboo corresponding to each gate sealing off Chaos. Perhaps a reference to Tartarus in Greek mythology, the place most associated with the Christian definition of Hell in mythology.

Perhaps it is fitting, then, that the SW equivalent to the Antichrist came from one of these six Houses, as if a demon emerging from the depths of Chaos to assume the form of a fair and charismatic human politician.

Now, to try and answer your question on a proposed "ruler" of Chaos or the Netherworld (something I find doubtful, unless they want to really emphasize the Greek mythology parallels), perhaps it could be some Celestial that has achieved something close to godhood, someone not unlike the Son in Mortis from TCW. It would be curious if a supposedly powerful Sith spirit could actually overthrow the theoretical ruling entity...if so, then they can potentially assume control of the Netherworld and unleash unspeakable horrors upon the physical plane, if they could only find a means of escaping...

StoneRiver and Dra--- like this.
  11. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I dig your House of Palpatine links to Chaos. [face_devil]

Well, supposedly the Son is canon now, as are the Ones. Ephemeral force beings in odd dimensions are part of the GFFA whether all love it or not. ;) If they wanted to go in this direction (and I think that is the big question), I think it would be only natural to have a ruler(s) in the Netherworld. And I've watched so much Buffy, Angel, and Supernatural that it seems totally reasonable for a powerful denizen of Chaos to potentially upend its ruler.

Personally, I would enjoy this kind of plot. But I would only want it to parallel events in the physical GFFA.

Circular Logic likes this.
  12. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I tend to believe that the action will be grounded in the physical world, that is the Netherworld or Chaos will be invading the GFFA, because I don't foresee the story abandoning its mortal quality. The story of the mortal protagonists will take primacy. The Gods on Earth will be the focus and not the Gods in Heaven or Hell. If this is the end then I can see the Force Ghosts playing an important role in the end. Whether or not the end, then they will be supporting as usual.

13. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    Yeah I tend to agree with this although everyone here does have good ideas even the ones that include the Netherworlds. Thank God we're not all in charge of making this movie! It would never get done with all the good ideas floating around. Introducing the Netherworlds would make the universe seem very convoluted, especially if they tried to explain it too much, sort of like what they did with trying to explain the force in the first movie. I'd be for it if were maybe one scene and it was kept simple and sort of ambiguous.

Immortiss, Darth Raiden and Dra--- like this.