main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Here's my latest idea:

The movie starts with typical rebel troopers storming an imperial fortress. There are shootouts with stormtroopers and through dialogue it is made clear their task is to capture something they call "the creature". Then they stumble over dead stormtroopers and endless destruction. They remove one of the helmets and it looks like the trooper was sucked dry like the victim of a vampire. The rebels then race towards the next landing platform, but as they arrive they see a singular black ship leaving for space. Then a torpedo is launched from the ship and you see a huge explosions, were all of the troopers were apparently killed.

Cut.

We again see rebel troopers guarding a beautiful building on "peace planet". But the troopers look differently, more modern. Then the camera shows Chancellor Leia Organa debating some galactic problem with her peers. Some officer arrives. He has terrible news. On the planet shmergalon (or whatever) a mysterious affliction has begun to spread. People are found dead with bodies that look like they're only skin and bone, no flesh. Entire villages have been wiped out.

Leia is most concerned about this. Luke Skywalker is informed.

He sends Jedi knights to investigate, our protagonists.

While in space, Anakin's force ghost appears. He says he knows what the creature is and tells them about past experiments. The goal was to find a technique to absorb the energy of another being and becoming stronger through it. To achieve this he collected test subject and trained them to do this. But there was a catch. Draining energy was addictive, and while the subjects became stronger, they needed more and more energy until at one point their hunger was so great they died. Anakin thought all of them had died to their hunger.
    But perhaps one survived against all odds...

Dra--- and Force Smuggler like this.
  2. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Sounds like cell from dragonball z.

3. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I don't know, don't watch dragonball z.

I thought it was more like Darth Nihilus.

Dra--- and Odolwa like this.
  4. Odolwa

Nov 12, 2013
    Start off with luke following a force user who has been committing a string of murders, End up on a unknown planet with lukes communications jammed.
    After a search he ends up in some ruins and in the dark a group of red light sabers come to life, and sidious voice says (Holocron sidious)
    "Welcome to Korriban, Skywalker"

Then naturally the ghost buster theme plays and shows Star wars Episode VII

5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Force vampires. I love it. Very similar to the pulpy Lifeforce from Tobe Hooper in the 80s.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Another idea I had was that the being would fight against the Skywalkers and Jedi and would kill Luke or Leia. Then, in a desperate moment and to protect a sibling, a young Skywalker/Solo would use a dark artifact to absorb the beings power, essentially using the same technique it used.

Which is highly addictive.

Yea.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Then the wizzard with the weird scar in his forehead could cast a spell reversing Luke's death.

8. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I don't get it. What does Harry Potter have to do with magical vampirism? I don't remember that ever being part of the books.

Dra--- likes this.
  9. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    [face_rofl]

10. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Huh? I guess you've never read works in which vampires are a race like any other or where vampirism itself is like a virus, nothing inherently magical.

Dra--- likes this.
  11. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I think people in this thread shouldn't make jokes about others' ideas unless they're willing to offer some of their own. :)

12. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    I don't want to come off as rude but in my defense, I honestly thought the above ideas were meant to be taken as a joke and the whole vampirism thing was a way to make the joke more elaborate. :(sorry

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    No harm done. I admit I have a weird way of expressing myself sometimes.

But yes, the idea was meant to be taken seriously. I think it allows for some interesting possibilities.

Would such a being, that got addicted to power against its will, be evil? Would it be just to slay it like any other villain?

And how would the young Sky/Solos deal with the knowledge what their grandfather did? How would they feel staring his dark legacy in the face, even fighting it? Would they feel guilty? Would they hate Anakin and try to distance themselves from everything Anakin Skywalker? Would they try to make amends?

Dra--- likes this.
  14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I think that would make for an interesting plotline. While a young Skywalker/Solo offspring, with powers that have not been fully explained out of their own protection, learns about their grandfather's past, they face a challenge. For one, they vow never to repeat their ancestor's past. However, as time goes by, with the influence from the wrong place, they become more and more entranced in their destiny and find themselves engrossed in the darkside, thinking it's the good side of the Force.

Dra--- and Darth_Pevra like this.
  15. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    A plot inspired by the Netherworld:

Sidious (or Plagueis) destroy the ruler of Chaos (Chaos?) and gain power to visit the physical world. In order to seduce a new Skywalker to the darkside, Sidious takes on the false appearance of Anakin Skywalker and visits his new Skywalker apprentice. Meanwhile, as Barth suggested, the Jedi ghosts in the Netherworld need to find a way into Chaos in order to destroy it or Sidious forever. Only Anakin can enter Chaos without going mad because he's the Chosen One, able to use both light and dark sides of the Force. Ultimately, Anakin becomes the new ruler of Chaos, Sith Hell.

Immortiss likes this.
  16. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Nice idea Dra---. I didn't exactly suggest much other than a ghost battle in the Netherworld. However, I really like this spin on it that the Sith reside in Chaos and only Anakin can enter because he has been to the darkside and back. Very cool. I'm not sure how a lot of people will take to more Hayden, but we will see. I thought he did a fine job, but I also think there are a lot of people out there that didn't like his performances. I don't want to go into a PT flame war or anything, but I just wanted to bring that thing up. At any rate, good idea!!!

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  17. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I can totally see a situation where ghosts of long-dead Sith Lords and/or dark siders drag Anakin's spirit to an eternal throne...as only he can control these tormented souls and prevent them from ever leaving this wretched plane of existence.

"Part of the crew Force, part of the ship Netherworld. Part of the Force, part of the Netherworld. Part of the Force, part of the Netherworld."

"The [Flying] Dutchman Chaos must [always] have a captain ruler."

Dra--- likes this.
  18. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, I like this, too. It makes narrative sense if you consider that the OT was a very personal, confined story in which we gradually discover the larger GFFA through Luke's POV. I felt that the PT enlarged the GFFA with prophecies and midicholrians, big and small. Now the ST might further expand the GFFA with the Netherworld and Chaos. Oh, the places you'll go. It also makes sense as that it puts Anakin/Darth Vader front and center, for better or worse. This has been his story afterall. Will he see Padme again?

It's analogous to Thor and Thor: The Dark World (Natalie Portman, ha!) in that the Gods interact with the Mortals, so to speak. Two spheres interplay.

I might see how the story could start with the mortals and move to the immortals. Although, from my understanding, Chaos is a place any Sith should take care to avoid. We may find Palpatine there, but not Plagueis. Suffering eternal madness. Perhaps by the end of IX, Chaos has revolved with one Sith in (Plagueis) and one out (Palpatine), finally ready to confine his old master and destroy the Skywalkers with bitter revenge. I could buy into that. Order up Episodes X-XII, please.

I do still like the bad Science vs. Faith theme that Plagueis provides. The manipulation of the physical (midi-chlorians) to achieve immortality in oneself (and others?) and a metaphysical test of faith of the new Skywalkers passed on by the old.

I could get into a few of these various ideas.

Barth and Dra--- like this.
  19. Odolwa

Nov 12, 2013
    I dont like the idea of star wars versions of hell being put into movies, Or having bad guys who died 30 years ago be villains again, Even though it will be hard to find new villains just as good. Not saying idea is dumb in anyway, just seems a bit over the top for me. And is plagueis someone who could really be new villain? He was only mentioned once in movies just to manipulate anakin, Didn't really see him as the ultimate bad guy who is waiting for a second coming

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  20. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I don't know? If I were going to top Sidious the best I could do is Sidious' Master. How? Immortal Sith. Why? See my signature.:)

Dra--- likes this.
  21. Odolwa

Nov 12, 2013
    Right, Then he got injured, and then murdered by sidious. So now hes supposed to come back and fight ghost battles with sidious?.
    Seems if lucas wanted something like that he would of been playing him up in movies or TCW, But who knows.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  22. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I have no idea. I just look at the existing narrative and give it my best thought. I could be corny, over the top, but if you watch Raiders of the Lost Ark, the Ghosts come at the climax of the film, or quite near the end. What can they do?

Dra--- likes this.
  23. Odolwa

Nov 12, 2013
    Well if Force ghosts started melting peoples skin that would be nuts. The plagueis quote was his goal, which sidious took and made his own, and had his way with the republic and jedi and the force. So IMO plagueis is dead and gone for good, robbed of his dreams and life by sidious.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  24. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    OK? The difference here is Plagueis was in a search for immortality...dead means nothing for him and he may provide a way forward. Seems ashame to drop his name, then never return. Especially with the last film in the series, when we start hearing about the Netherworld. Now, that's fine if we don't like it, but then, what? I ask you...since we're speculating. Based on what is known, who will be the baddie? Whatever they do, I'll be transfixed.

Oh, and by the way, they didn't have their way with the Force. Luke and Anakin ended any potential for that. We'll see in 2015.

Dra--- likes this.
  25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I like this, but I fear it might look like it's cashing into the vampire craze.

Darth_Pevra and Dra--- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.