main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Things that would make you squee if they turned up in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Hondo give Slave I to Boba Fett.

Contessa, Revanfan1 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Maybe it would be better if Hondo didn't simply give it to Boba? Maybe have Boba buy it, or better, take it from him in some dastardly way. Maybe even have some sort of shootout for it.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I can't see Hondo giving a ship away and I couldn't respect him if he gave it to a punk like Boba.

Boba stole it or something.

eht13 likes this.
  4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Boba shouldn't have to have Slave I given to him. It's his god ****** ship.

Besides, we have to see him grow a pair and become the "best bounty hunter in the galaxy" at some point. As much as I really like Hondo, come on, just take the kriffing thing, already. I would.

5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Speaking of Boba Fett, it would be pretty awesome to see his rise to the top of the bounty hunter totem pole.

Perhaps they could incorporate story elements of 1313 into Rebels detailing Fett's rise?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Wait, is Boba fighting someone in Sith stalker armor, sans helmet?

6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Have you seen some of the art and potential storylines coming out of the 1313 game (well, I know you have, CL, but generally)? Man, it really looks like it could have been something. And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it mentioned recently that the game was meant as a tie-in with the Live Action show, too? Bah! I'm not even a gamer, and I still feel the whole thing could have been really great.

Anyway, to your question. Sure! I say let's incorporate some of this stuff into Boba's storyline in Rebels (I think most of us assume he'll have a presence in the series). Keep in mind, though, that there have been some rumblings of the game possibly being picked up and put back into "Go" mode, so I imagine they'll be keeping some of the coolest stuff close to the vest, just in case the game ever does make it out of production limbo.

7. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Hondo driving the Inquisitor nuts.
    Corellia under the Diktat and the Empire
    Kyle Katarn as a Imp recruit.
    Rotta the Hutt Dying a tragic and heroic death saving Ashoka thus explaining why he is not in the original movies(when the clone wars movie came out I had just become an uncle for the first time and Anakin and Ashoka dealing with stinky was really funny since I was babysitting an infant often).
    Good Space battles
    Ventress causing trouble for the Imps and the Inquistor causing Vader to step in and have to deal with her once and for all.

tutor71 and DarthRelaxus like this.
  8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hah, reminds me.

My Pirates vs Bounty Hunters gang fight. Hondo vs Cad, Boba can tag along and take his ship.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Up front, let me just say that I hate the entire idea of Boba losing Slave I in the first place and being without it for so long. It's not only contradictory of previously established canon, but of previously established character: as if Boba wouldn't make every effort to immediate salvage his father's ship the first opportunity he had, if only because it was his father's. Since it's what we've been given, however, I'm actually of the opposite mind in regard to his reclaiming Slave I from Hondo. Lethal Trackdown makes a point of noting Hondo and Jango had been friends prior to Jango's passing, a relationship that prompted Hondo to not only continue to speak highly of the man after his death, but offer his son safe harbor and council. Were Boba to come to Hondo and ask for—or demand—his ship, his father's ship, I don't really see Hondo denying him, certainly not to the point of a shootout. It doesn't feel right with the old pirate's character, and killing a friend of his father doesn't feel right with Boba's character, either. I'm all for seeing his growth as a badass, but I just don't personally see this as a credible part of that growth.

Jaster Vhett, Gamiel, EHT and 5 others like this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Buy it, take it back, just go in and ask Hondo for it back, or even have Hondo graciously give it to him as a 20th-birthday-present or something like that...I don't care! I just want him to get the Slave I!

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, I've never cared for Boba, but I can't say having someone else even use Slave I for any reason ever felt right to me, not even Aurra. "*****, this was my dad's ship, get your own."

I don't remember seeing any real friendliness like you mention (seemed like gamesmanship from Hondo), but it has been an awful long time since I've seen the episode, I skipped it on my re-watch tour.

12. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    What about for his 16th birthday?

Zabrak 3 and mes520 like this.
  13. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    More homages to the vintage Kenner SW toyline like what Clone Wars had-I heard there's going to be some, like the Imperial Troop Transport toy appearing, and the kind of blasters the vintage Stormtroopers had, but what would REALLY make me squee would be if the mini-rigs appeared, especially the one that was a small one-person version of the Imperial Shuttle, as I had it, not to mention the one that was like a little one-man version of Jabba's Sail Barge with the gangplank from the skiff in the front (I could see Hondo owning that).

CGI-BOBAFENT and Revanfan1 like this.
  14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    - Bounty Hunter OC's from TCW (Embo, C-21 Highsinger, Latts Razzi, etc.) as well as IG-88, 4-LOM & Zuckuss
    - Prominent Rebel pilots from ANH (Garven Dreis, Porkins, etc.)
    - Palpatine's dignitaries (the guys in peculiar hats)
    - Kashyyyk and Wookiees
    - Hapes and Hapans

And of course ol' Orrimaarko (Prune Face!)

15. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Boba probably doesn't know Slave I was salvaged. Considering Hondo paid for repairs and lost the rest of his fleet, Hondo won't give up the ship without compensation...or a fight.

16. clyde1914

clyde1914 Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2013
    Thrawn, Mara Jade, Ahsoka, Maul, Starkiller/Galen Marek, Garm Bel Iblis.

Although if they include Garm Bel Iblis I hope they don't mess with the established canon, like the Rebel Alliance being formed in TFU, but knowing the TCW's attitude toward the EU it's probably better that he doesn't appear.

I wouldn't want Ventress or Bariss to be in it because Bariss is already dead and Ventress disappears after the Clone wars.

17. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    * A diverse cast of heroes, racially and sexually (Come on Greg Weisman!)
    * Non-cishet characters (Come on Greg Weisman!!)
    * Quinlan Vos or Dass Jennir
    * Non-white human Mandalorians
    * Inquisitors Malorum, Jerec, or Tremayne
    * Imperial commandos
    * Hondo Ohnaka

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Aside from setting a precedent for Inquisitors, I can think of a couple of reasons why Jerec would be especially awesome:

-The Jocast Nu apprentice dynamic
    -He's an archaeologist (space archaeology ftw!)
    -He's got a crazy, memorable personality

19. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    You forgot Probus Tesla from the Coruscant Nights books. He's somewhat unmemorable except that he seemed to scare the main characters stiff and nearly beat Jax Pavan in a lightsaber duel–until he was cut down from behind. This makes him one of the very few EU villains in my recent memory that actually would have beaten the hero if not for intervention.

Edit: Only he's dead now. D'oh. I keep forgetting they gave us an official timeline for this show. :oops:

Contessa and BobaFan101 like this.
  20. BobaFan101

BobaFan101 Jedi Padawan

Dec 3, 2013
    Admiral Ackbar, I loved what they did with him in the Mon Cala arc. I hope they can expand on a character I'm not really familiar with. However please don't just throw out "it's a trap" just for the sake of having it

Zabrak 3 and Revanfan1 like this.
  21. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Darth Vader and Sidious having hilariously witty banter.

cwustudent and eht13 like this.
  22. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Tartakovsky on board.

23. Kyy Jinn

Kyy Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2013
    1. Darth Vader and Sidious have a boss/worker relationship similar to what was seen in the Robot Chicken parodies.
    2. Ahsoka
    3. Obi-Wan

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I would only Squee if Squee actually appeared.
    [​IMG]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. GreatBeyonder

GreatBeyonder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2013

Don't you mean, you don't want Starkiller, as it messes with the established canon of Garm Bel Iblis starting the rebellion? ;)

Also, Thrawn. I don't know how far into the Empire it'll start, so I'm not sure we'll see Mara, as she was Luke's age, I think.

Zabrak 3 and Zer0 like this.