main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Yuuzhan Vong

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    It's actually the pinnacle of all human achievement.

2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004

[face_flag]

Edit: Also
    [​IMG]

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Perfect continuation of the saga. Sure it doesn't have much stuff from the PT not that it could for obvious reasons.
    Just as engaging enemy as the Empire, an engaging next generation of Skywalkers and Solo's, the Jedi Order reborn, the Empire and New Republic working together, everyone united at the end of the story.

darth fluffy likes this.
  4. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Elaborate on this thought.

5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Well the PT was coming out at the same time as the NJO and ended 2 years after the NJO ended so getting PT stuff in there would be kind of hard. Or maybe I can't remember everything. Let's see Vergere, continued political divisions created from the PT era, does the Empire count? Obi-Wan? Anakin Skywalker? R2 and C3PO? Though we don't get a continuation of the Chosen One prophecy unless it ties into the Skywalker/Solo family must continue it with Jacen, Zonama Sekot, no PT planets or characters aside from those mentioned earlier. Am I forgetting anything?

6. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Thematically the NJO draws heavily from the prequel films. One of the functions of the series is to bring Luke's Jedi up to speed with the Force, such as the notion of the "will of the Force" or the idea of balance. The Chosen One prophecy is fulfilled in Return of the Jedi.

7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Touche. And Politics. Can't forget politics.

8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    You stole my post.

Revanfan1 and DigitalMessiah like this.
  9. GreatBeyonder

GreatBeyonder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2013
    :confused: *feels like he read an entirely different 19 books*

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do we know what do the Vong use as rekreation drugs?

11. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Endorphins.

12. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    they are NOT questionable quality, they are the best star wars novels, for the most part ever written. read them first before you judge.

But if you really want to ruin the experience, here is a link. http://encyclopedia.njoe.com/

Sadly njoe.com is a shel of what it was even 3 or 4 years ago. But it gives you the info you want right away on the link i posted.

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    By what standard?

14. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    On the standard given to us so far. If you read every Star Wars book, and ask yourself which ones are the best. Which are the most engaging, using interesting heroes, villians, and plots? I would be surprised if you can name 6 novels that are superior to the top novels in the njo series. I consider Onslaught, The Edge of Victory duology, Star By Star, Traitor, Destiny's Way, and TUF as the best novels. I honestly thought they were all good, with maybe the exception of Dark Journey.
    The only novels i could compare with these are, Darth Plageous, Labyrinth of Evil, Episode 3 novelization, and Shadows of the Empire. The Thrawn Trilogy is up there as well. None of these that i have mentioned are better then the best NJO novels imo. As far as using some logical means to judge standards, i have no idea. But at least as a series this is uncomparable to any other star wars series.

15. GreatBeyonder

GreatBeyonder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2013
    As I've stated before multiple times, I did read them multiple times and I still find several books to be of questionable quality, and yes, I love italics. :p

16. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    italics are cool. but we will never agree on the quality of that series. oh well

17. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Just reading this thread makes me wanna read more of the NJO. I've only read the first book, need to read them more!

DigitalMessiah likes this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Do it!

Team Padme likes this.
  19. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

Seconded. The first book doesn't even begin to equal the greatness of some later novels.

Team Padme likes this.
  20. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
  21. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    I just started reading the Invasion series, Didn't even know it existed. Glad i get to see some visual of the Vong.

22. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008

while i agree, i loved Vector Prime. It glorified the greatness of the movie characters while spotlighting the young eu characters. It made Han Solo look even more respectable. I can't remember if it is Vector Prime, or the novel after it, where Jaina has to have Han Solo as a wing man, and at first she is saying " He does not have the force, this is a disadvantage." (paraphrasing) then she realizes how freaking awesome a pilot her dad is, and changes her tune. I FREAKING LOVE THAT. The eu has been a freaking joke ever since. Nothing compares to this series. I would rather throw out everything Disney comes up with and keep that as canon.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Vong are by far better than "Sith is an idea".

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    After having read Orc Stain I believe that James Stokoe would be an excellent choice to illustrate a comic with the vong and their bio tech

Gorefiend likes this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What Vong technology do peole think was the most novel/creative?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.