main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Why then did he come across as another "I'm so cool" character? And what you say is almost the point. He almost loses himself to evil, he almost becomes a Sith minion. Almost. It is never written in a way that I can believe it is a serious possibility.

It's like with Cade. Everyone whines how he is a bad boy druggie but nothing serious like a fall to the dark side ever happens.

Lets not pretend she is drawn this way for any other reason than fanservice. She often poses in the typical comic book manner so that ass and boobs are shoved in the readers face, often in the same panel.

Aside from boobs, she barely has a personality also.

Yet Quinlan walks away in the end, doesn't he? He never falls to the dark side, he never becomes a Sith. Because he is "special", you see?

2. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Having the same things happen to Anakin (dark side + marriage), happen to him, but succeed instead with no consequences definitely makes him stu-worthy. I thought Vos was somewhat interesting TCW, because his personality was a contrast to the rest of the Jedi Order's. When the whole system falls after order 66, there is less to make him a unique character.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    How many super special exceptions does a character get?

Do you think that was at all the point? The point is the super hawt Quinlan Vos gets to hook up with a super hawt prostitute working for Dooku, turn her to the good side with his [Snip. ~Sx3], marry her and have a kid (so the pet character's offspring can potentially carry on the Sueness) with her in an era where marriage is forbidden among Jedi. Because he's special.

You choose a feminist defense for a character that reeks of stereotypical comic book sexual objectification? Do see her as empowering or what?

And of course, Vos goes with the reverse grip. That's all I really needed to see.

*** damn I hate Quinlan Vos.

4. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Since when did the Inquisitor thread become the Quinlan Vos thread? Thanks a lot, Gamiel.

The only way I see Quinlan Vos having anything to do with the Inquisitor is if the Inquisitor is the one to off him. But knowing Vos, I'll bet he could survive a one-on-one confrontation with this guy. Not that we even know Vos will show up in Rebels, although him being in TCW would suggest the possibility...

Okay, enough derailment of the thread from me. So, this Inquisitor guy...

Edit: Oh, why do I even try?

5. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    First of all, none of this was said by Pevra. It was merely a shallow comparison of "modesty" between Khaleen and Barbarella, as though Khaleen showing skin was evidence of a deficiency in her character. If somebody wants to call out the overabundance of sexual objectification of female characters in media, have at it. But it's equally problematic in its own way to condemn a woman's character, fictional or otherwise, based solely upon the clothing she wears.

Secondly, Khaleen is not a prostitute, she already decided to aid the Republic before she and Quinlan ever have sex, and their marriage only occurs after the Jedi Order ceases to be a functioning entity. Every story is always going to sound awful when you reduce it to its most banal telling.

Because you're right. I'm done, so yeah, how 'bout that Inquisitor guy?

Contessa and Circular Logic like this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I don't condemn a character solely on the clothes he/she wears.

But the comparison with Barbarella is fitting as both characters are heavily sexualized. I thought it was obvious what kind of "character" (cough, cough) Khaleen was and therefore not worth a whole paragraph of explanations.

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I agree that the clothes a female wears does not make her character. Sure, they dressed her like that for fan-service; isn't it obvious? But look at Marvel comics. Mary Jane Watson, Emma Frost...both of these characters and any given other female character is repeatedly depicted in skimpy outfits (especially Frost). MJ has about everything you can imagine–swimsuit scenes, lingerie scenes, low-cut outfits, etc. Does dressing these characters like this make them any less a strong character? Maybe I'm not using good examples, but the point remains–it's just comic tradition, really.

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What's the life expectancy of Pau'uns? It could give us insight into the Inquisitor appearing or not appearing in the ST.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  9. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    The difference here is that many female marvel characters have strong personalities and were sometimes even progressive for their time. While I'm not a fan of the art style, I have respect for some of the marvel writers for creating characters like Mystique or Storm.

Khaleen doesn't hold a candle to those characters. She is only a love interest.

Not a fan of Emma Frost. Typical case of "ice lady".

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Centuries, I believe.

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Interesting...

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. BobaFan101

BobaFan101 Jedi Padawan

Dec 3, 2013
    As long as this guy is menacing. And isn't a cliche boring villain like Grievous ill be happy

13. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    PT meet Rebels.
    I hope Vos faces the Inquisitor at the end of Rebels and is the one who kills him...

And Rebels, please meet the Sequel Trilogy:
    Because I also want Quin to be the old, blind Jedi Master who 'reads' objects to help train some of Luke's newbie Jedi.

kubricklynch likes this.
  14. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    This thread got interesting... I liked Vos more in the Clone Wars cartoons, I didn't care for how he was in the EU comics. Although since the cartoons are canon over the comics, I'm guessing that if he does show up in Rebels, he'll be the fun surfer Vos instead the serious 'badass' Vos.

Anyway, I like how the Inquisitor looks. I think the thing that might distinguish an Inquisitor over a Sith (as this was asked earlier in this thread) is that Inquisitors simply aren't as powerful as Sith, but still are powerful enough to still be a threat to most Jedi. Plus they don't really have any ambition to overthrow the current Sith, but are content simply to be loyal underlings who get a lot of perks and authority from the Emperor.

15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

If all of these inquisitors were raised and trained from childhood and indoctrinated with the belief that Palpatine is essentially God, then I could picture their existence as one of blind obedience and no ambition to overthrow Palpatine or Vader. But if they are just powerful Force users found whenever that are taught to give into their negative emotions and trained by the Sith as to how to fight, that they would be no different really than Anakin was when he first fell.

E.G. in ROTS, Anakin fell and went off to attack the Jedi Temple, kills the Separatists, and engaged in a fight with Obi-Wan without being taught a single thing by Palpatine. He was a Sith at that point merely by virtue of pledging himself to the Sith, but he wasn't taught anything. This was merely Anakin Skywalker when he gives into his fear and hate, not Anakin Skywalker acting based on some ancient Sith knowledge passed down to him. And one thing we see with Anakin almost immediately, is ambition to overthrow Palpatine and overconfidence.

I'd like to see what exactly makes these guys different. Anakin was a Sith from the moment he pledged an oath of fealty to Palpatine and was given a name in return. I imagine that all of the Inquisitors similarly have to pledge their loyalty to Palpatine, though I guess it's to be expected that they DON'T receive a Sith name.

I hope that there's more to it than that in Rebels. Not just the same old relationship that Dooku had with Asajj where the latter wished to become Sith while the prior was more like "l'm a Sith, you're my apprentice, I am passing skills onto you, but you're still not a Sith because I say you're not, lol"

16. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I didn't know who TCW Vos was, they did him almost as bad as Barriss. So for me, its a good thing that glitteryll is still in his timeline, so there is some hope Vos can forget that he isn't related to Jeff Spicoli.

kubricklynch and Contessa like this.
  17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if Rebels will reveal that the Rule of Two has been abolished since ROTS in preparation for the ST.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

That assumes that the Sith are the villains again in the sequel trilogy, and that if the Sith are the villains, that they are for some reason following Palpatine's decisions when his Sith line died with him.

I'm guessing the Rule of Two will essentially be abolished in practice, with Palpatine and Vader training many inquisitors, though with none of them taking a Sith title, and therefore not breaking the rule in theory.

Though to make this move, IMO kind of defeats the point of ever introducing the Rule of Two to begin with.

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm not liking this guy, at all. He looks too much like Vader and Maul, if you ask me. What's wrong with coming up with some cool Imperial Officers, instead? It'd be better than this wannabe Vader/Maul.

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yippee. Action figure announcement for The Inquisitor. This character still seems silly IMO.

Edit: Just saw that this is already being discussed in the general Rebels thread.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The Inquisitor is an Imperial officer.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    He's a Sith, too, no?

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe no. Palpatine or Vader might have taught him the basics of Using The Dark Side without telling him anything about the Sith and their Rule of Two.

24. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Well going off the EU... which may or may not hold any relevance once the show gets going.. inquisitors were dark side force wielders, also known as dark jedi, but they weren't considered part of the actual Sith Order. Per the Baneite reformation, the Sith Order consists of only two individuals at any one time.

Contessa likes this.
  25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Or at least, "only in rare cases any more than this" as it's put in Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.