main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Classic Trilogy Rare and Behind the Scenes pics and footage

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by LordGarthNader, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Yeahvin4

Yeahvin4 Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2013
    i always thought Anthony was a bit taller than Mark...anyway, thanks for sharing these!

kegs202 likes this.
  2. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    kegs202 I'm really impressed that you've chosen to post these images for us fans. There are many who would only see these as a monetary investment. Not that putting capital value on these isn't warranted, not in the slightest. I'm just pleased that they're available to people who would appreciate them the most.

kegs202 likes this.
  3. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    Fantastic photos. :) It's incredible to think that, at the time, the cast and crew members who are in all these shots thought it was going to be just another film.

kegs202 likes this.
  4. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Not a picture from A New Hope, but it does feature Leia in the slave bikini.

[​IMG]

I will never not laugh at George's expression though.

5. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Those are Wicked Awesome!!!

kegs202 likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah, the shot of Threepio's hands is very wizard.

JediKnightOB1 and kegs202 like this.
  7. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    You know you're a SW nerd when you get more excited about Threepio's hands than slave Leia flashing GL.

teamhansolo, kegs202 and Vthuil like this.
  8. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Great Pics Sir. Thank You

kegs202 likes this.
  9. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    found this at the rare star wars pictures on twitter (@unseenstarwars)
    [​IMG]

10. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    I have always wondered if it was really the back of David Prowse have.

11. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I certainly hope it was. For all that he seemed to have been something of an irritant, Prowse deserved to be the "face" of Darth Vader at least once.

12. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    Yes it's her. I think it may be from the Rolling Stone magazine shoot.

13. Sith-Mullet

Aug 2, 2003

GL is the Daddy Mac!!! Werd!!!

14. LordGarthNader

LordGarthNader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Peter Mayhew tweeted a bunch of pictures from behind the scenes of the CT. Some I have seen before while others I haven't.
    @TheWookieRoars

Here is an article to make it easier.

Darth_Nub likes this.
  15. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    A lot of those are pretty widespread (from the Rinzler books etc), but when I scrolled further down there were quite a few I'd never seen.

(I think it's probably time to start merging these BTS/rare photos threads into a single stickied one, maybe also include some of the rare video threads, too. Will take a look over the next few days and try to figure out the best way to do it)

Frank T. and Sith-Mullet like this.
  16. Sith-Mullet

Aug 2, 2003
    Thanks for the info, sadly, we have seen many of these. But the other photos are a breath of fresh air. Peace, Sith-Mullet

17. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Great pics., and nice article. I haven't seen most of these. It's hard to believe that even though the OT films are over 30+ years old at this point, we're still seeing old, previously unseen pics. crop up here and there.

The pic. with Hammill/Luke holding out his hand is interesting, since it's obvious he's wearing shoes that weren't part of the original costume he was in throughout the film....I'm guessing this may have been what he wore between takes, and/or in scenes when his feet weren't shown.

18. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I know, right? Is there any film series more scrutinized than Star Wars? And yet it seems we're always unearthing something new.

Speaking of Mayhew, I hope he's feeling better. I know last I'd heard he was rehabing from (back?) surgery.

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I thought it was knee surgery. He walks with a cane now. He has one that looks like a light sabre. :cool:

20. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    I was looking for rare pictures for my twitter (https://twitter.com/UnseenStarWars) and found this one of Walrus Man without his head from ANH. Now this is new to me cause i never heard he was going to lose the head or more than the arm. Before i posted this i wanted some info on if the pic is real and if its really from the set?[​IMG]

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the novelization 3 thugs accost Luke, and Obi-Wan does kill two of the thugs, who look like a cube covered in eyeballs, and a rodent. He chops of the arm of the third, a human.

I could see there being a few changes- until finally no-one dies at all.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  23. WhiskeyGold

Nov 13, 2001
    never mind, found this quote on a star wars post but the guy that did the scene:

I did the severed walrus arm shot along with Gary Kurtz in early 1977. Several days before we were to do the insert Gary brought the sleeve with him but not the correct hand . I dressed it with raspberry yogurt and red food coloring put it on a white plastic light diffuser and poured on sand. I believe it was the hand for the wolfman that was owned by Rick Baker. He lent many of the characters that appear in the bar scene. I also tried it with a severed head but Kurtz thought that was too gruesome . The real hand of the walrus did not look like the one you have illustrated. It was more like two fat fingers with flat nails, kind of like a sloth's fingers but with short , wide nails.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Mod action: Merged a number of threads dealing with rare photos and footage from the Classic Trilogy and stickied thread.

25. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I've seen that Walrus man head picture before, and if they had shown that in the film it would have made more sense (though I know they didn't because it would have been too gory for a PG film)...I do believe that Obi-wan had to completely eliminate both Evazan & Ponda Baba - since, I can't see them just walking away from that confrontation....